Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ballbag doesn't know shit. He's a Spanish version of Tancredi Palmeri when it comes to transfers.

Looks like we found the cheap club of China...surely we could get more than £7 million?

If he is going to receive 11m euro net (which is crazy pay to be frank), then total cost of the contract is gonna be extremely high for the buyer. It is still good for us - we receive a fee (albeit modest), free up some wage and send the right signal to the remainder of the squad (step up or be gone).

Additionally, it puts closure on temptations of using him as a plan B

Looks like we found the cheap club of China...surely we could get more than £7 million?

Was it Keane who said "That's you fecked then, Yorkie" when SAF announced he was staying on as manager? I imagine there was a similar comment to Fellaini when Mourinho got the bullet.

I don't know why people are mad. He's on something like £200,000 a week. The club are desperate to get him off the books.

:lol: people complaining about the fee for getting fellaini and 100k a week off our books, shades of Darmian here.

7m!!!?!?!!?!?!?! City just got 11m for a guy that hasn't even played in their reserves yet. Liverpool got 20m for striker with 1 goal in 37 games. Fellaini is a World Cup semi finalist.

7m!!!?!?!!?!?!?! City just got 11m for a guy that hasn't even played in their reserves yet. Liverpool got 20m for striker with 1 goal in 37 games. Fellaini is a World Cup semi finalist.

I will give you two clues;

1) What is the age of these three players?
2) What is the salary? (We do not know exact, but we can only imagine on Fella given how Mou forced our hands to keep him.)

I bet if they let him leave at the end of the season, he would retire within a year.
Why do you think that? He plays virtually every game for Man Utd, he’s hardly ever injured, can play multiple positions. Unless his fitness considerably deteriorates suddenly, he’s going to play 3-4 years more, easily.

7m is ridiculous in this market but I’m glad he’s going.

For that sort of fee I’d expect half of Europe to be after him in all honesty, whilst I don’t like his style he could do a job for many teams.

And they know we want him gone.

What's with the obsession for stockpiling backup players on this forum. What our squad needs is real top drawer quality, not loads of mediocre backup players. We should be getting rid of some of our existing squad players to free up room for some first team players.

Similarily, what's with the obsession of thinking we can have a squad of world class players?

That said, I personally think Gueye is a top drawer player for what he does, which is breaking up play and would slot perfectly in the role Herrera currently plays.

Who would you get?

We don’t need anymore backup players, we need a first team RW, a CB and a RB. The last position we need is CM imo.

I disagree. The reason I feel Ole has played Herrera and Pogba in most of his games is because he doesnt trust the back up, which is currently Fred and Pereira.

Cant see Pereira being here next season and Fred, defensively, has a lot to improve before being trusted with the deeper role.

Gueye, as I said before, would be the perfect player, in my opinion, to rotate with Herrera. Defensively excellent and dynamic, just like Herrera.

My other worry would be having someone to cover for Pogba.

Its all well and good having numbers, but you need players of the same style if you want to stick to a certain way of playing.

I disagree. The reason I feel Ole has played Herrera and Pogba in most of his games is because he doesnt trust the back up, which is currently Fred and Pereira.

Cant see Pereira being here next season and Fred, defensively, has a lot to improve before being trusted with the deeper role.

Gueye, as I said before, would be the perfect player, in my opinion, to rotate with Herrera. Defensively excellent and dynamic, just like Herrera.

My other worry would be having someone to cover for Pogba.

Its all well and good having numbers, but you need players of the same style if you want to stick to a certain way of playing.

There's not many players who would be good cover for Pogba. Especially, considering that they would have to accept being a squad player. Do you have any examples?

I personally think and hope that Fred will improve next season.

There's not many players who would be good cover for Pogba. Especially, considering that they would have to accept being a squad player. Do you have any examples?

Fred's a deeper player so you'd think he'd be cover for Herrera.

Pogba is a hard one, though. I would have went in for Ramsey but hes on his way to Juve.

Exactly, we paid £50m for him, we can’t just replace him after only one season, and if we do what a terrible buy.

Strange that we're willing to sell players before a DoF comes in but not buy? It's basically the same principal.

Why do you think that? He plays virtually every game for Man Utd, he’s hardly ever injured, can play multiple positions. Unless his fitness considerably deteriorates suddenly, he’s going to play 3-4 years more, easily.

I think he would get even more exposed at a lesser team. Him playing every game is more of an indictment of how poor the squad's full back options than it's a testament to his quality. As for him playing another 3-4 years, I strongly disagree. He is a player that depends highly on his physical attributes and there are already signs of him declining in those aspects. He has a very good agent though, so it could happen but I highly doubt he would remain in the PL for more than 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.