Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
City won the league with Danilo and Delph playing LB and Chelsea with Moses on RB. Young is better than either of them imo. You don't need superstars in every position. This whole "not gonna win the league with <insert player> playing at <insert position>" is a load of bollocks.

If we find some superior player to replace him with, then by all means I'm up for it. I'm not gonna flip my shit if we start the season with him at RB though. Like I said he's been doing fine for both Man Utd and England. So long as he continues like that, while we wait for Dalot to mature, then I'm cool with it.

only because Mendy was injured. and Moses benefited from the system he was playing in, when Chelsea went back to playing 4 at the back he swiftly lost his spot.

at the end of the day RB is an area where we can improve. so we should do that. fullbacks are an important part of the modern team, and Young wouldn't get in any of the other top 5-10 big teams in the world. it's no slight on him that he should be only considered a backup option at this stage of his career.

Should be on his hands and knees kissing the ground and thanking his lucky stars that a club the size of Manchester United want him at all. Shows how far our standards have dropped when we have a player like Ashley Young debating over the contract extension. I wouldnt even offer him 12 months never mind 2 years.

Weird post about a player who loves the club and always gives his all. He's for sure thankful to have been a United player. I agree, only a 1 year deal but no need to rip in the guy.

If Fella is fine with it, it'll be win-win... He is going to make a lot of money out there.

Simon Stone on the BBC also reporting Fellaini sale to Chinese club. Ongoing negotiations.

Young is not the level of quality required for a PL winning team IMO. and that's what we should be aiming for. he's fine as a backup though.

Can't say I agree with you there. The biggest (and the only) argument against Young is his age - and for a 33 year old he still is extremely mobile and fast. And he is still our best player in his position

I am sure we will find a agreement with Young. We can’t buy 7-8 players in the summer so we need some deadwoods as backups.

Rojo, Felaini, Darmian, Jones, Valencia and Mata must leave.

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY! United getting on board the Chinese money train. Watch him be sold for a normal price after Chelsea were handed the Great Wall of China and the Ming Dynasty treasures for a 42-year-old Ramires.
Fellaini and Ramires are the same age, so Ramires would have been 3 years younger at the time of transfer! :lol:

What are you on about, how exactly was he a liability? He defended very well and we conceded hardly any chances, away at Arsenal while having less possession all game.
You guys have no measure, a player is either playing magnificently or shite and there's nothing in between.
We probably watched different games. The game I watched he just couldn't handle Iwobi.

We probably watched different games. The game I watched he just couldn't handle Iwobi.
He had Iwobi in his pocket. I'm afraid you need to rewatch the match.

Getting Valencia, Young, Mata, and Fellaini (and fee as well) wages of the books will free up some money for us. Since that’s like £600k a week just in salaries right there. Hopefully, we can let Jones go in the summer too.

Why don't we throw a couple more players in the deal for free? Pretty sure the Chinese won't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.