Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to have Gueye here as perfect back up to Herrera.
What's with the obsession for stockpiling backup players on this forum. What our squad needs is real top drawer quality, not loads of mediocre backup players. We should be getting rid of some of our existing squad players to free up room for some first team players.

Both Mata and Young are tryna take the piss now. I hope we let them both of them leave.

Don't mind Young as his experience around the squad is invaluable.

Mata, is a nice guy however he offers nothing on the pitch.

What would really peeve me off is if Jones was given a new contract.

Club should never have broken policy to keep Fellaini. Now the older players are rightly asking for the same treatment. Stick to the one year and sell Fellaini. Both Mata and Young will run their contracts down to the last day to see if we blink first.

All of these 30+ year old players who won't sign a 1 year deal can feck right off. Young included. We made a mistake in offering Fellaini a two year deal. Can't let that ruin the club.

Bye then Ashley and Juan, time for us to move forward. I hope they are joined by Jones, Fellaini, Valencia and Darmian.

Promote some youth and spend some big money on some top quality additions, time for us to compete for the top honors again.

Don't mind Young as his experience around the squad is invaluable.

Mata, is a nice guy however he offers nothing on the pitch.

What would really peeve me off is if Jones was given a new contract.

Young doesn't deserve a 2 year deal regardless of experience. If he doesn't accept 1 year he needs to leave.

Should be on his hands and knees kissing the ground and thanking his lucky stars that a club the size of Manchester United want him at all. Shows how far our standards have dropped when we have a player like Ashley Young debating over the contract extension. I wouldnt even offer him 12 months never mind 2 years.

Good player whenever I have seen him. Would be a tasty addition to our midfield

Nah, in Matic, Herrera and Fellaini we already have too many players in that age bracket. Would be a nightmare having to replace them all at the same time. Need someone a bit younger than him.

Should be on his hands and knees kissing the ground and thanking his lucky stars that a club the size of Manchester United want him at all. Shows how far our standards have dropped when we have a player like Ashley Young debating over the contract extension. I wouldnt even offer him 12 months never mind 2 years.
Wait, a player is trying to negotiate to stay LONGER and that's bad? Of course he is going to try and guarantee his future. Stop being an idiot.

He will happily take a year i'm sure, but no harm in him trying his best to get more.

It's just standard negotiating, happens everywhere - you cant hold it against the player. Just hope that the club is strong enough to hold its position.

Isn't he one of your best midfielders, why do you want him to go?

Because he's going to be 30 soon and he seemingly wants to leave. He's very good at what he does but he does have his limitations and if we can squeeze out 25-30m from someone that's a great deal.

It's just standard negotiating, happens everywhere - you cant hold it against the player. Just hope that the club is strong enough to hold its position.

Most likely. However, the Fellaini renewal seemed to piss all over the rolling 1 year contracts for 30+ players that the club has been doing for some time. Mata and Young will be aware of that too.

Because he's going to be 30 soon and he seemingly wants to leave. He's very good at what he does but he does have his limitations and if we can squeeze out 25-30m from someone that's a great deal.

You lie, 30? He looks like he's 25 :lol:

Fair enough..

Was hoping the Paredes deal didn’t happen. I reckon we can take PSG but if they go out strengthening this month, especially in their most obvious weak area, could make the difference.

You lie, 30? He looks like he's 25 :lol:

Fair enough..

Yeah, i couldn't really believe it myself when we signed him from Villa. I thought he was a young player but he'd been in Lille 5 seasons before that. Anyway, the Paredes deal makes me doubt that he will leave this window.

Wait, a player is trying to negotiate to stay LONGER and that's bad? Of course he is going to try and guarantee his future. Stop being an idiot.

He will happily take a year i'm sure, but no harm in him trying his best to get more.

Exactly.

I mean heaven forbid these players try to negotiate better deals for themselves... what heathens

Ashley Young is at the age where he can literally turn to shite overnight.
Let him go.
Mata at least isn’t relying on physicality and could play at a similar level, well into his 30s.
Both can be replaced without much effort.

Offer him a one year deal with an option of a second year that’s triggered if he plays a certain number of games. That way if he’s performing, he can prove he deserves the second year.

We should give Mata a 2 year deal and if he’s deemed surplus to requirements, cash in on him after a year.

The Fellaini deal really seems to have set a bad precedent for the other players.

Yeah, i couldn't really believe it myself when we signed him from Villa. I thought he was a young player but he'd been in Lille 5 seasons before that. Anyway, the Paredes deal makes me doubt that he will leave this window.

They still need a tackler in there regardless of Paredes the passer. I’d imagine they’re looking to possibly play a Gueye-Paredes-Verratti midfield.

i don't have a problem with Young getting another 12 months, I just don't want him starting. backup only.

Why? So long as he's playing well what's the problem? He's been playing fine for quite a while now
Playing better than Valencia doesn't necessarily mean he is playing well. Like for example against Arsenal he was a liability.

The midfielder's representatives have been negotiating with United about an extension to his current deal, which expires in the summer.

It is thought the Spaniard, 30, would prefer to stay at Old Trafford but so far there has been no agreement.

Valencia's contract is set to expire in the summer and United have until 1 March to decide whether to trigger an option for an additional year.

Why? So long as he's playing well what's the problem? He's been playing fine for quite a while now

Young is not the level of quality required for a PL winning team IMO. and that's what we should be aiming for. he's fine as a backup though.

I'm fairly confident United have little interest in triggering Valencia's contract option for a extended year.
With regards to Mata I can see the pluses and minuses.

Last edited:
Playing better than Valencia doesn't necessarily mean he is playing well. Like for example against Arsenal he was a liability.

What are you on about, how exactly was he a liability? He defended very well and we conceded hardly any chances, away at Arsenal while having less possession all game.
You guys have no measure, a player is either playing magnificently or shite and there's nothing in between.

Young is not the level of quality required for a PL winning team IMO. and that's what we should be aiming for. he's fine as a backup though.

City won the league with Danilo and Delph playing LB and Chelsea with Moses on RB. Young is better than either of them imo. You don't need superstars in every position. This whole "not gonna win the league with <insert player> playing at <insert position>" is a load of bollocks.

If we find some superior player to replace him with, then by all means I'm up for it. I'm not gonna flip my shit if we start the season with him at RB though. Like I said he's been doing fine for both Man Utd and England. So long as he continues like that, while we wait for Dalot to mature, then I'm cool with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.