Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal don't have money that's why they can only loan players. It's been reported by reputable sources.
Allright. That is scary, they are in dire need of a rebuild right now just like we were after SAF and they don't even have money for it? Looks dark then for them. However we should be signing a couple of players ourselves too, but I'm sure i've read somewhere that we wont sanction it in January for the interim manager.

Arsenal don't have money that's why they can only loan players. It's been reported by reputable sources.

If Arsenal fans weren't the most annoying fans in the world, I'd almost feel bad for them. They deserve better owners than the pathetic excuse of owners they currently have.

I find it funny these Italian teams only want to sign players on loans but are so against their own players going on loan with a few exceptions like Higuan.
Italian clubs invented mass loaning. Perisic is a regular starter for them, Inter just aren't on a charity mission to save Arsenal.

Just throwing our hat in the ring as usual to spice up the deals.

When was the last time we loaned a player?

we don't need a CM right now unless Fellaini leaves this Jan, but that's looking unlikely.

Makes sense if the plan is not to buy before we get a permanent manager and a dof

Just throwing our hat in the ring as usual to spice up the deals.

When was the last time we loaned a player?

we don't need a CM right now unless Fellaini leaves this Jan, but that's looking unlikely.

Falcao? And before that Tevez. Was a while ago now.

Tielemens is definitely someone we should be interested in, particularly for anything less than 30m! When a team like Leicester City want a player, this usually means he's destined for bigger things.

Tielemens is definitely someone we should be interested in, particularly for anything less than 30m! When a team like Leicester City want a player, this usually means he's destined for bigger things.
Please don’t ever buy a football club.

Can't tell if this is banter or serious

For 21m we should jump on that deal too. He is not world class but most top teams would be interested in signing him for under 30m.

Seems we're not getting anyone this transfer window.

I don't see it. He'd compete with Fred, Pogba and Herrera while really we need competition for Matic.
Competition/support for Pogba is needed, he can't play every game otherwise the inevitable will happen (see Kane & Alli).

Competition/support for Pogba is needed, he can't play every game otherwise the inevitable will happen (see Kane & Alli).
Fred's meant to be Pogba's competition, he's our second most attack-minded midfielder. The other poster's right, we need competition for Matic more than Pogba.

Completed more tackles (4.2 per game) than any other player in Europe's top 5 leagues this season.
I have always been a fan of him but he can be a bit dull and undisciplined in certain games I've found. Still a great option for any club looking to add some steel.

They wanted Pepe before too didn't they? Pepe, miranda, Fabregas... Experienced heads to guide them out of relegation I guess

It's more that the team is young, at least the most promising players are. That's what should have happened this summer but for some reason they didn't.

This is what the awful business practices of this club do to these players, they think they deserve more than we offer them. Ashley Young should be begging us for any kind of contract extension, but no, because of our tendency to lavish average players with contracts that are too long and too well payed for their skillset they think they can get more. It's a joke.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/jan/28/manchester-city-rabbi-matondo-schalke-12m
What's going on with the media and Manchester City? Why isn't anybody talking about them negatively? This latest article literally looks like its been written by the City PR team. It explains all the reasoning behind the sales and why they all make sense.

I suspect when you're the league winners and in 2nd place, with a team of great attacking players its not too hard to suggest that its not the end of the world to be getting a bit of extra money in from players you had no plans to use. City dont really have an expectation to bring through young players so the fans probably wont complain and they're more likely to spend big on the genuine article than try to make one from scratch.

Young has done alright the last 1.5 seasons to earn a 1 year contract extension IMO. He could be our back up LB or RB. We need a first choice RB this summer, sell Darmian and let Valencia off.

One team's 'deadwood' is another teams...

Please let this be true. Mata is a nice guy, but we need to move on from that. Selling him and freeing up his wages will allow the team to invest in younger players. If we cannot challenge for the title next season, I want the team challenging the season after. We need younger players to come in and get experience at the club in order to put up a challenge. Hanging into players like Mata and Young is not the way forward.

Please let this be true. Mata is a nice guy, but we need to move on from that. Selling him and freeing up his wages will allow the team to invest in younger players. If we cannot challenge for the title next season, I want the team challenging the season after. We need younger players to come in and get experience at the club in order to put up a challenge. Hanging into players like Mata and Young is not the way forward.

Isn't he out of contract so we wouldn't be bringing any transfer fee in

Status
Not open for further replies.