Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't know if this is the right thread, but......

I'm probably being slightly pedantic here but "can confirm" makes it sound like they're a secondary source reporting on a news story. Can't they just say Arnautovic has signed a new West Hams contract? I would expect Jim White to word it like that tweet, not the club's official twitter account.

I'm probably being slightly pedantic here but "can confirm" makes it sound like they're a secondary source reporting on a news story. Can't they just say Arnautovic has signed a new West Hams contract? I would expect Jim White to word it like that tweet, not the club's official twitter account.

The original statement they have on the site says it the right way.

I watched Fiorentina last week and Milenkovic wasnt very impressive. His technique is only a little better than Smalling's, but he had a couple of sliced clearances and poor touches where he lost track of the ball as well. Not an issue for Smalling. He did also play 1 volleyed pass that looked nice. But he also got turned for a goal that Fiorentina conceded

Obviously he's very young and with more experience hopefully he improves his touch and awareness. But I think when he matures he'll still be mostly about his size and defending. I dont think he's going to be that comfortable on the ball

Would be a sensible decision. I like Valencia but his legs have clearly gone and I don't think he's got any more to offer.
Yep, especially when Dalot is clearly the number 2 right back. He can’t be 3rd choice at his age.

9 months ago:

Meunier:

“I do not ask for too much. What I want is to just play football and if I have to go down a notch to be able to be on the pitch, I will do. I could aim for a club like Everton, Valencia or Borussia Dortmund.”

The Valencia thing is interesting - OGS has obviously come in, looked at him and made a quick, efficient decision that he can no longer cut it at United. I like that sort of decisiveness, to be honest, we've dragged our feet way too much with certain players in recent years.

9 months ago:

Meunier:

“I do not ask for too much. What I want is to just play football and if I have to go down a notch to be able to be on the pitch, I will do. I could aim for a club like Everton, Valencia or Borussia Dortmund.”

He’s very welcome here. Easily would be our first choice RB

Yeah, gun to head Meunier is probably our best realistic option for RB. I'd take him for sure.

Meunier would be a fantastic signing but I think if we are going to be in for a RB, it’s going to be Aaron Wan-Bissaka who would be an absolute excellent signing. The young lad is definitely a talent that we should snap up.

9 months ago:

Meunier:

Not sure how how those 3 clubs would take that comment even if it is true status-wise. Good to see a player more interested in playing than just collecting a big wage on the bench of a big team, he'd be ideal here to offer us immediate quality at RB and at an age to act as a bridge for Dalot.

Sylla has been playing wide no?

Numerically, he replaced Pellegri as the third striking option behind Falcao and Jovetic who both missed lots of games due to injuries. He has been used wide maybe a couple of times.

Ivan Perisic asks to leave Inter Milan after Arsenal offer

Ivan Perisic has handed in a transfer request at Inter Milan after Arsenal had a loan offer rejected for the winger, according to Sky in Italy.

Shouldn't it be a 'loan' request, since it's Arsenal here and they don't have money to buy. Alright, i'm out.

How the feck we were after him, he is nowhere near the quality of our club.

I personally like Perisic and think he has been a good player for years now.

He is very direct and has great pace on him. I warmed to the idea of him coming to us under Jose.

Sure he isn't a big name, and he has gone a bit under the radar up until the last 3/4 years, but he doesn't really get acknowledged for being a good player on this forum.

I personally like Perisic and think he has been a good player for years now.

He is very direct and has great pace on him. I warmed to the idea of him coming to us under Jose.

Sure he isn't a big name, and he has gone a bit under the radar up until the last 3/4 years, but he doesn't really get acknowledged for being a good player on this forum.

I've been pretty impressed by him but:
a) There's no way he should have been threatening Martial's place in the squad
b) I am irrationally convinced that he takes PEDs. I have no evidence at all for this but it's a notion that I can't shake whenever i see him play.

Status
Not open for further replies.