Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're probably going to give Mata his 150,000 a week just to keep De Gea at the club and it'd be totally worth it. Herrera too is becoming a crucial player and possible club captain.

Mata's legs are too far gone for him to do another year in the EPL imo. We have a very dynamic front like now and I appreciate he's something different but I don't see how he fits in. He's definitely not a RW, that's for sure.

I won't lose my shit if he stays, he's been a good servant, but we could and should do better and use the money on fresher, younger talent.
Agree completely, especially, on the first point.

What does that even mean?

I think it means Juve has told us to do one expecting more than a few mil for Darmian and its up to Inter to decide if they wanna meet the fee.

Can see him staying. Wouldn't be the first time we've failed to get cash for an uneeded player for trying to hold out for unrealistic sums.

Love Mata but it is time for him to go and become the main man somewhere else, and for United to give more chance to "yoof". I know Chong didn't have the brightest of debut, but United should take more risks in terms of young talents as their risk taking on the Galacticos didn't really work.

Mata is another mediocre player we should be getting rid of, but instead will get another contract. It feels like this club really lacks ambition to compete with the best

If Mata wants to stay and he accepts being a part-time player - of course we keep him. Realistically we will off-load 4-5 players in the summer, it will be good to keep some of our players. Regardless of what people think - we cant ditch 10 players at the same time.

This is the only thing that worries me about OGS. You can see the newspaper briefing now....

"The club have decided that the squad deserves a chance to have a full season with Ole. The board feels Oles renewal of positivity could have a huge impact on certain players' improvement and the club are therefore going into the new season focused on continuity and familiarity over wholesale changes."

This is the only thing that worries me about OGS. You can see the newspaper briefing now....

"The club have decided that the squad deserves a chance to have a full season with Ole. The board feels Oles renewal of positivity could have a huge impact on certain players' improvement and the club are therefore going into the new season focused on continuity and familiarity over wholesale changes."

The briefings of the last few weeks have shown that Woodward still wants a new CB to partner Lindelof, preferably Koulibaly. It will be either him or Alderweireld on the cheap next summer for Utd imo.

If Valencia and Darmian leave, there will be a new fullback coming in to keep the number at 4 (with Young extending as back up for both sides) and the RW position heavily depends on Lingard's performances until the end of the season.

Can see a transfer window like this

Koulibaly 90m
Fullback 30m

And everything else will be dependent on further outgoings, e.g. if Fred and Fellaini leave possibly another CM/DM, if Lukaku and Sanchez leave probably another back up striker comes in...

I guess the same would apply if we get another manager. They could say they want a whole season under a new manager. This dithering in getting rid of certain players, more than buying new ones is why I feel we urgently need a DoF.

Chong isn't ready to be third choice. Swear people just want him to play because he's one of our youngsters. The lad is at least a season away from being ready for the first team.

The club wanting to extend Mata's contract extension is another sign that nothing has changed. We haven't had a proper right sided attacker since Valencia, but that's not what matters. It's cheaper to keep Mata than to get a proper player in there.

It's almost as bad as the Rojo contract last year. We gave him a new contract last season and then tried to sell him 6 months later. Are the board idots and don't realise that a bumper new contract makes it more difficult to sell him? Do they think Rojo is the next Beckenbauer and clubs will be willing to pay top dollar for him?

Another nail in our captain's coffin if the club feel another RB is a bigger priority than a LB. Out of Out of five full backs at the club only one is left footed.

I like Mata but he doesn't fit the style of football we're trying to implement. He was only kept around because the last guy had no idea what kind of football he wanted to play so was stuck between to minds. Didn't use Mata regularly , but didn't deem him surplus at the same time. Anyhow his minutes will be less as he can't play RW due to lack of pace and we aren't playing with number 10 so i dont see how he'll fit.

Looks like Inter got Cedric Soares in loan (1m) with the right to buy (11m), which means Matteo Darmian is staying put.

Status
Not open for further replies.