Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
10/10 for random yet intriguing picture. That stare. That handless lady's arm poking at his ear.

So I see the renewal of the dead wood continues.
Yeah, it's a strange one. We keep renewing their contracts - even if it is in the hope of getting some sort of transfer fee - we often price our players out of a move (wages too high or transfer fee no one wants to pay) and then we're sat with them anyway.

Suppose Mata, on a lower wage 1 year contract isn't the worst player to have in the squad.

Hopefully it's not true - he's a nice guy but we can do better.

We should either let him leave this summer for free or give 2 year contract. That way, if he is surplus to requirements in 6 months into next season, we can sell him and get some money in transfer fee. There will be takers for him easily for 10-15M.

I thought the one year deals for over 30s went out the window when we signed Schweinsteiger on a 3 year deal.

On the one hand people complain that we never end up getting any money for our players.... But at the same time we should just let their contracts run down so they can go for free?

Makes sense...

He's probably being kept to keep Herrera and De Gea happy. That's worth a 2 year contract alone.

He's still a handy squad player and a fantastic guy all round. I really have no issue about this, as long as he isn't first choice.

I thought the one year deals for over 30s went out the window when we signed Schweinsteiger on a 3 year deal.

And Valencia and Fellaini, it hasn't been an actual thing for years. But for some strange reason people continue to think it's still a club policy.

To be fair, Mata wouldn't be my first choice to get rid of. I'd understand if we'd do this but it certainly wouldn't be the first one.

All in all, the board's true spirit is once again after slightly getting our mind off of it with appointing Ole. We're slow penny pinchers just trying to get by and try to get to top4. We're apparently the biggest club in the world but clearly not acting like it. Hopefully, my mind will be changed sooner rather than later.

Hopefully it's not true - he's a nice guy but we can do better.

Should be letting him go, he's the only one of the forward 6 options that we can shift right now. I suppose the idea might be to keep him as Pogba's cover if Pereira is going but I think he's too slow for the system we are now employing.

Should be letting him go, he's the only one of the forward 6 options that we can shift right now. I suppose the idea might be to keep him as Pogba's cover if Pereira is going but I think he's too slow for the system we are now employing.
Mata makes no sense for us anymore, and hasn't really for some time now. Free up the wage bill. I would rather his minutes go to Chong or a new signing. Too slow to counter or press.

Mata's legs are too far gone for him to do another year in the EPL imo. We have a very dynamic front like now and I appreciate he's something different but I don't see how he fits in. He's definitely not a RW, that's for sure.

I won't lose my shit if he stays, he's been a good servant, but we could and should do better and use the money on fresher, younger talent.

Mata makes no sense for us anymore, and hasn't really for some time now. Free up the wage bill. I would rather his minutes go to Chong or a new signing. Too slow to counter or press.

Exactly, Id rather give youth a chance at this point. just let Mata go. He is a super nice guy but we should have better options for the RM/RW

What's wrong with not allowing Mata to leave on a free?

He's still a decent squad player to have and it helps keep DDG happy having his best mates still around

Not sure how its farcical at all,giving Fellaini a new deal after all his comments last summer was farcical. Keeping a classy man and occasionally classy footballer isn't

Status
Not open for further replies.