Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, are we calling bullshit on this then?

I am. Don't believe it for a second. Has three years left on his deal. There's no need to negotiate for at least another year. Gives us time to sort out the wage structure as well, possibly by getting rid of Sanchez in the summer if he doesn't start performing.

I'm pretty sure he'll want a pay rise and I' pretty sure we'll give him one.

Isn't he already the worlds highest paid midfielder though?

I am. Don't believe it for a second. Has three years left on his deal. There's no need to negotiate for at least another year. Gives us time to sort out the wage structure as well, possibly by getting rid of Sanchez in the summer if he doesn't start performing.
I don't think it's wise to be leaving negotiations late with your players (best performers especially), that's how we ended up with messed up wage structure as players (those who we don't mind staying) getting closer to the end of their contracts have more leverage and inflated transfer market means that you more often than not are going to cave in to higher demands in terms of wages, eventually.

Bergwijn actually is a more natural right winger. He's left footed and has been maknlm used on the right flank last year. He was used on the left wing and Lozano on the right until they ran dry and became one dimensional (Lozano isn't the greatest crosser and playing him on the right flank limits him to that role, and takes out his runs and lethal touch.) The last 5 games have seen them both return to their preferred flanks.

As for Depay, theres no question he has talent and skills in bucket loads, he just never was determined enough.

As for the credibility, isn't De Telegraaf an extremely reliable Dutch source? Tier 1 I believe.

As for the credibility, isn't De Telegraaf an extremely reliable Dutch source? Tier 1 I believe.

Yes, when it comes to sports they're pretty reliable. However, it has to be said that this isn't a big story for them. It's just part of their daily list of transfer rumours. It's not even a full article on their site nor have they tweeted about it. Also, De Telegraaf isn't necessarily tier 1. I'd say tier 2. Mike Verweij who works for them is a tier 1 journo though. If this were his story I'd take it more seriously.

Bergwijn actually is a more natural right winger. He's left footed and has been maknlm used on the right flank last year. He was used on the left wing and Lozano on the right until they ran dry and became one dimensional (Lozano isn't the greatest crosser and playing him on the right flank limits him to that role, and takes out his runs and lethal touch.) The last 5 games have seen them both return to their preferred flanks.

As for Depay, theres no question he has talent and skills in bucket loads, he just never was determined enough.

He's not.

who did he sign? Mustafi, Kolasinac, Iwobi, etc? No thanks.

None of them. Mustafi & Kolasinac were signed before he was appointed and Iwobi came through the youth system.

At Dortmund, off the top of my head he signed the likes of Lewandowski, Hummels, Dembele, Pulisic, Bender, Subotic, Blaszczykowski, Aubameyang, Kagawa, Guerreiro etc

Arsenal the likes of Geundouzi, Torreira, Aubameyang, Mavropanos, Leno, Lichtsteiner, Sokratis off the top of my head.

Looking at both of those lists, the Dortmund one was more successful and the Arsenal one well, only 3-4 of those players have done well. Still st the same time, when you have someone like Kroenke at the helm you ain’t going to really have a chance to build a good team. They need to spend but it ain’t going to happen under his watch. Hence why Mislintat has decided to call it a day.

Their fans are going to blow their top.

They're already furious that Pulis won't play any creative of wing players and insists on playing 5 CMs every game, and now he's going to just play 6.

If they weren't already a team of CMs it would be a shrewd signing I reckon for a year or two. It'd be like us going out and buying Gaitan now.

Valencia want Chicharito or Kalinic.
Simeone has doubts about Kalinic. Right now he would only go to Monaco or Tottenham.
Morata on loan for 7.5 m€, 5m€ salary and a non obligatory purchase option for 40/45m€

Status
Not open for further replies.