Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was my impression of what United needed going into this season. You looked pretty strong defensively last season, although some of that was due to De Gea.

Alderweireld is one of the best in the league and would be our best defender. There is no point settling for the likes of Rojo or Jones for another season if we can get Alderweireld in, who is a leader, organiser and would help us play a back 3 to a higher standard. Rojo out for £30m and Alderweireld in for £50+ makes sense. We might have been good defensively last season but improvement can always be made and Alderweireld helps set play up from the back too.

Alderweireld is one of the best in the league and would be our best defender. There is no point settling for the likes of Rojo or Jones for another season if we can get Alderweireld in, who is a leader, organiser and would help us play a back 3 to a higher standard. Rojo out for £30m and Alderweireld in for £50+ makes sense. We might have been good defensively last season but improvement can always be made and Alderweireld helps set play up from the back too.

We are MUFC. We demand the best.

Young is 33, Valencia is 33, Matic in 31. Plus replace Jones and Smalling,

I don't mind the age honestly, we need an experienced CB with our reckless defenders who can't play from the back. It's just the price and any return in a few years. If he wins us trophies, I don't care.

Matic is not 31. His 30th birthday was only a few days ago.

Oh I don’t doubt Alderweireld’s quality. He’s easily one of the best CB’s in the league. I was expecting you to make a meaningful addition somewhere in one of the attacking positions though.

I genuinely thought you were signing Bale going into this window.

They're selling Giroud. Still can't see it happening though.
Giroud has said today that he's staying apparently.

Can anyone realistically imagine Palace selling their best player with no time at all to replace him? I can't. Not only could they not get anyone near his level with a few days left in the window, but it would demoralize and enrage their fanbase before the season even started.

Anyway, judging by the tweets between our club and Willian today it looks as though he's in good spirits and will be staying. I'd still happily replace him with Zaha or Martial but that doesn't look possible now.

Oh I don’t doubt Alderweireld’s quality. He’s easily one of the best CB’s in the league. I was expecting you to make a meaningful addition somewhere in one of the attacking positions though.

There's a widely held belief here, and I don't necessarily disagree, that our reliance on ddg gives us our great defensive record and that we might indirectly get more goals by adding someone that can build better from the back.

More goals. You had the second best defensive record in the league last season, but were lagging in the goals scored department.

100% agree with you, but as I said wouldn’t mind Toby. He is an improvement on all or almost all our CBs. If that’s what Mou wants, give it to him.

There's a widely held belief here, and I don't necessarily disagree, that our reliance on ddg gives us our great defensive record and that we might indirectly get more goals by adding someone that can build better from the back.

I think we need upgrades on FBs and midfield (already happened) more tgan CB upgrade. But Toby will be an improvement.

Fecking Moyes. What did we pay? Wasn't it under 14? I want to say 7 but I think that was Hernandez.

£10m with a possible £5m add ons, which i dont think we ended up paying. Sold him back for £3m with a hefty sell on clause.

£10m with a possible £5m add ons, which i dont think we ended up paying. Sold him back for £3m with a hefty sell on clause.

I was wondering about that. Zaha has since signed a new contract with Palace last year. Does the sell on clause carry forward, or was it only applicable whilst Zaha was under that original contract?

Simon Mullock:"Darmian would prefer a move back to Serie A, but he is willing to listen to what Benfica have to offer if they agree to meet his £70,000-a-week wages."

This was my impression of what United needed going into this season. You looked pretty strong defensively last season, although some of that was due to De Gea.
We won't have to defend in a low block anymore which is the idea.
We become overly dependant on ball carriers because of it so we default to counter attacks instead of sustained pressure further up the pitch.
Toby and Fred would allow us to avoid the press and push the opposition back, it will allow for better movement since our better players won't be attracted to the ball because we know Scott, Matic, Smalling or Herrera can do very little with it

Not to use the old cliche, but Sanchez is essentially a new signing. He had a bumpy start and did look shattered but he’s already looking twice the player after a much needed rest, even if it’s just preseason. If we do play 3-5-2 he will play as a striker with Lukaku, so he need for a new winger is minimised.

Bale was never happening.

I was wondering about that. Zaha has since signed a new contract with Palace last year. Does the sell on clause carry forward, or was it only applicable whilst Zaha was under that original contract?

I don't really know for sure, but I would expect it carrys on. There is al lot of talk of us getting a windfall if he is sold on. Some say as much as 50%, but I cant see it being that high. I would settle for us getting our money back.

I think it probably has a time expiration. Otherwise surely Palace could just have given him a new deal the week after he joined them and the clause is gone.

The sell on clause is between the clubs. The contract is between palace and Zaha. There's no relation whatsoever between the two. If there was, those clause would mean nothing as players could technically resign a contract to remove the clause just after signing for a new club.

I think it probably has a time expiration. Otherwise surely Palace could just have given him a new deal the week after he joined them and the clause is gone.

Him extending his deal would have zero relevance to the deal agreed with Palace and United. Agreement was between clubs, not player and club.

The sell on clause is between the clubs. The contract is between palace and Zaha. There's no relation whatsoever between the two. If there was, those clause would mean nothing as players could technically resign a contract to remove the clause just after signing for a new club.
Him extending his deal would have zero relevance to the deal agreed with Palace and United. Agreement was between clubs, not player and club.

That was my understanding of it, but I remember reading things that contradict this. When Pedro signed for Chelsea, it was claimed at the time by British media that Pedro's club prior to signing for Barca should have received a percentage of the fee, but such clause was no longer part of Pedro's deal with Barca (Expired, perhaps?). However, Barca paid percentage anyway, as the club in question were on the brink of banktruptcy. Then again, I have no idea if that is all entirely accurate, or if something was lost in translation.

It would make sense if such clauses did expire after a certain amount of time, but I have no idea if that actually happens, or if sell on clauses last as long as the player is with the club.

Simon Mullock:"Darmian would prefer a move back to Serie A, but he is willing to listen to what Benfica have to offer if they agree to meet his £70,000-a-week wages."

Surely no chance this will happen. Benfica are more tight than Juve. They'll ask for a loan deal with us paying half the wages for the season.

We all know anything with 'daily' or 'mirror' are garbage transfer sources. Why are We doing this to ourselves?

We all know anything with 'daily' or 'mirror' are garbage transfer sources. Why are We doing this to ourselves?
It depends on the journalist writing the article. There are plenty of reliable journos that work for generally unreliable papers.

Simon Mullock is a top tier Man City Journo. Means nothing for Toby to MUFC, but this thinking is just wrong. It's like saying Melissa Reddy isn't a top tier liverpool journo because she works for goal.com

Always go by the Journo reputation, not the overall papers reputation.

If Chelsea sign zaha for 75 surely we get willian for 50 ?

If 50% we inserted in sell clause is true, we'd get £37.5m from that deal if Chelsea signs Zaha for £75m and use that money to fund the signing of Willian for 50m, that's £12.5m net, not bad.

What is the hype with Alderweireld. Am i the only one who thinks he's bang average ?

Status
Not open for further replies.