Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.

"I heard some clubs want me but they have to talk to my club and only after that could I join the negotiations and decide.
If I was to change club, it could only be to a top league and top club.
Only God knows what will happen in future, I am happy at Inter but we all know anything is possible in football.”

Feck it, get him. He seems to want to play for us and I like that in a player. We can do with a goalscorer for sure.

Would Perisic and Alderweireld round up a good window overall for us? We could do worse I suppose.
Yes it would improve us quite significantly. Perisic gives us an extra dimension and shifts some of the workload off off Sanchez and Lukaku. Toby makes the other defenders better and is a massive upgrade plus he’s great on the ball.

If by some miracle of transfer we manage to sign Toby Auderweireld and Ivan Perisic for £120M, I would go as far as to say we would then have the tools within the squad to challenge for the Title.

We would be much more ruthless both in defence and attack and this team at home in a 4123 Formation would finally get United fans genuinely excited again;

D De Gea
E Bailly C Smalling T Auderweireld A Young
N Matic
Pogba Fred
I Perisic R Lukaku A Sanchez

even our 2nd 11 would be more than good enough;

S Romero
Valencia V Linderlof P Jones L Shaw
A Pereira
A Herrera M Feillani
J Mata M Rashford J Lingard

If Only we can dream I guess?

It’s slightly annoying that you didn’t put a P infront of Pogba or an A infront of Valencia. Where’s the consistency?

Also can Perisic play on the right? He plays left for Inter and Croatia.

It’s slightly annoying that you didn’t put a P infront of Pogba or an A infront of Valencia. Where’s the consistency?

Also can Perisic play on the right? He plays left for Inter and Croatia.
He can play on the right and moved there quite a bit during the WC. I'm told it's not his strongest side but he can nonetheless.

He can play on the right and moved there quite a bit during the WC. I'm told it's not his strongest side but he can nonetheless.
Him and Rebic swapped sides a lot for Croatia in the World Cup, so it's not impossible to think he can play there. As long as he doesn't crowd the left side like every other attacking player we have.

I reckon any or Martial, Rashford or Sanchez would be better than Perisic on the right wing if played there consistently.

Everton's main problem was signing a bunch of slow attacking players who play in mostly the same sort of positions in Rooney, Sigurdsson and Klaassen.

True but I can hardly remember a team buying so many players and geling quickly. With that much money spent and a good manager in Pellegrini, the club will surely be under more pressure to start getting points on the board with so many clubs around then strengthening as well.

With this little left until the window is closed, Inter will take us to the cleaners. Only some unreasonable offer would go through. Simply can't see it.

Why so ? The squad hasn't changed from last year when he didn't play it bar adding a cm

Just from the supposed list of targets, plus the amount we played it in pre season.

Bailly even played instead of Smalling when he wasn't meant to. Could have easily dropped Chong in instead if he wanted to work on a 433

Just from the supposed list of targets, plus the amount we played it in pre season.

Bailly even played instead of Smalling when he wasn't meant to. Could have easily dropped Chong in instead if he wanted to work on a 433
Fair point. Could be just extreme lack of personnel available. Will be interesting to see

Before I unleash the mean green muppet stick: is that journo decent?

I mean it's still just the Mirror. We'll see multiple news outlets with the same news if there's anything in it. Don't get your hopes up too fast.

Yess!

If we do sign him, Mourinho can't use the excuse of Woody not giving him the resources he wants.

I still can't wrap my head around £60m for a 29 year old (soon 30-year-old) who hardly played last season, and was a 3rd choice centre back.

It's not my money I guess...

Same journo reckons Portugal want Jose if he leaves. Seems to have put his neck on the line.

Last edited:
We really need any positive news that we're even willing to trust Mirror. :D

Another 48 hours, meh..

Yess!

If we do sign him, Mourinho can't use the excuse of Woody not giving him the resources he wants.

I still can't wrap my head around £60m for a 29 year old (soon 30-year-old) who hardly played last season, and was a 3rd choice centre back.

It's not my money I guess...
Oh the dreaded 29..

So is this £60m a tabloid ‘Manchester United transfer fee’ £60m, i.e. the transfer fee plus add-ons, plus player wages, plus signing-on fee, plus agent fees, plus VAT, plus Stamp Duty, or are we meant to be actually paying £60m for him as a transfer fee?

I’m actually a bit surprised, Mulllock’s good for the Manchester clubs if I’m not mistaken. Cracking news if true.

Nearing end of transfer window? Check.

Target already heavily linked with United? Check.

Price quoted slightly different but within range of reported fees? Check.

Journalistic guessing from the Mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.