Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be tempted to sell TFM with a cheap buy back. Sometimes feel like the loan thing can be a crutch that they fall back on.

That doesn’t make sense. That would mean because of the unsuccessful window they’re more dependent on him and so less likely to sell...
But an unhappy player would stick out more. Maybe Spurs feel they need to sell to get in a replacement because the Toby role becomes a lot more prominent but if they had a good window they may have buried him a bit.
In short, feck Luckhurst.

I've been there before.

To be honest, if not this summer I still think the door will very much be open for Maguire if he continues to impress over the next season or two. Think the likes of Rojo, Jones and maybe Smalling will be phased out over the next few years.
Exactly, I argued that elsewhere. I think we'll end up with both, but Maguire maybe next season.

Hertha is a decent move for Fosu-Mensah. Felt the Palace loan was great until Hodgson completely ignored him during the last 10 games or so, hopefully he'll get a lot of playing time in Berlin.

I know most gossip and reports from media are BS but have this sneaky feeling that Pogba is going to go. The rest of Europe have until end of August to buy and if a good offer comes in for Pogba the club might accept it. What i mean a good offer something like 180-200 mill. I think he wants out. Too much stuff going around about him being unhappy from multiple media sources. If he does stay for this season he be gone next summer.

If this was 3 weeks ago then maybe, but now with less than a week remaining of the window not a chance in hell. There would be no time for us to replace him, I imagine if he were to leave one day the club will go for SMS but Pogba ain't going nowhere this summer and if he does then I will lose all hope for this club.

@Damien @RedSky any idea what positions Hertha are lacking in? You 2 are normally fully scouted up.

Tricky to say as they're a team that likes to promote youth and it's part of their financial process (you got money for their youth minutes last season). The other problem being in the 6 pre season games they gave minutes too 32 different players. They got Klunter as their RB so that position is filled. They have enough players in DM and they won't bring anyone else in as Maier needs to development. Javairô Dilrosun will be the player to watch for Hertha this season, signed from City and had a good impact in pre season.

Imagine he'd be rotated a bit as Torunarigha is highly regarded at CB and they have Rekik who's first choice. So perhaps cover/rotation at RB and cover for CB.

Hope TFM can become like Andreas Pereira next year if indeed he goes on loan again. Sell Rojo and Jones, get Toby and give Tuanzebe those odds minutes next season.

Glad he's going on loan. He started off well at Palace so hope he can do the same at Hertha. Nice little team. Will have to catch some of their matches this season for sure.

@Damien @RedSky any idea what positions Hertha are lacking in? You 2 are normally fully scouted up.

Hertha has Pekarik and Klünter as right-backs, Pekarik being an experienced but very defensive player and Klünter being a newly signed player from Cologne who is known to be very fast but quite possibly not much more than that.
They have 3 good CBs in Rekik, Stark and Torunarigha, they were supposedly looking for a 4th squad player there as they might switch to a 3-5-2 setup this season. They have Plattenhardt and Mittelstädt at the left-back position so they'll only be in need if someone buys Plattenhardt.
Even though they have some experienced players like Skjelbred and Lustenberger as defensive midfielders, they were also rumored to look for an upgrade at that position since both of those players are destroyers and don't offer much as much as bild-up play is concerned.

Fosu-Mensah makes sense for Hertha. Allan from Liverpool played there for a season on loan in 2016/17 and he appeared in 15 matches even though he failed to impress and even left mid-season to play a youth World Cup for Brazil.

Hertha sold Weiser to Leverkusen, so probably Fosu-Mensah will compete with Klünter for the RB spot.

He got Matic right, I am hoping he's getting this one right as well.

Matic seemed to be from his own sources. I'm talking about something like Alexis when he seems to be following the reports of the other reliable journalists in his tweets regarding it. His tweet about Tobby looks nearly the same.

When will they find all the time to gel all those players together? You'd expect them to push for a Europa spot with those signings but I sense a disappointing repeat of what happened to Everton last year.
Everton's main problem was signing a bunch of slow attacking players who play in mostly the same sort of positions in Rooney, Sigurdsson and Klaassen.

When will they find all the time to gel all those players together? You'd expect them to push for a Europa spot with those signings but I sense a disappointing repeat of what happened to Everton last year.

Or even just what happens to West Ham every season.

"I heard some clubs want me but they have to talk to my club and only after that could I join the negotiations and decide.
If I was to change club, it could only be to a top league and top club.
Only God knows what will happen in future, I am happy at Inter but we all know anything is possible in football.”

"I heard some clubs want me but they have to talk to my club and only after that could I join the negotiations and decide.
If I was to change club, it could only be to a top league and top club.
Only God knows what will happen in future, I am happy at Inter but we all know anything is possible in football.”

Would Perisic and Alderweireld round up a good window overall for us? We could do worse I suppose.

Yeah they'd address problem positions and allow us to reassess the full back scenario in January.
Doubt we'd do anything about the fullback situation until next summer. Shaw won't leave anytime soon and the only players available then would be shit anyway. Unless Juventus really needed to sell Sandro at that point.

Doubt we'd do anything about the fullback situation until next summer. Shaw won't leave anytime soon and the only players available then would be shit anyway. Unless Juventus really needed to sell Sandro at that point.

It's hard to predict really. It would depend where are in the table, where the teams we are trying to buy are, how were doing in europe, injuries etc.

Lets hope he doesn't sign a new contract, next summer he would only have one year left on his contract, maybe he will be cheaper then
That is if PSG doesn't buy him this year..they seem to a thing for Brazilian defenders
Tellas could be an option then, he maynot be as good as Sandro but would cost a lot less

Would have loved Koulibaly but didn't chelsea have a 60 million bid rejected two years ago?
That was before the whole Neymar thing IIRC and he's now considered one of the best CBs in the world by many so naturally his price has gone up, but yeah rejecting a 90 million pound bid for a CB is crazy.

I think we should be looking at Skriniar, not as good as Koulibaly right now but can be as good as him in a few years, world rather have him than slabhead for 65 million

If by some miracle of transfer we manage to sign Toby Auderweireld and Ivan Perisic for £120M, I would go as far as to say we would then have the tools within the squad to challenge for the Title.

We would be much more ruthless both in defence and attack and this team at home in a 4123 Formation would finally get United fans genuinely excited again;

D De Gea
E Bailly C Smalling T Auderweireld A Young
N Matic
Pogba Fred
I Perisic R Lukaku A Sanchez

even our 2nd 11 would be more than good enough;

S Romero
Valencia V Linderlof P Jones L Shaw
A Pereira
A Herrera M Feillani
J Mata M Rashford J Lingard

If Only we can dream I guess?

Reactions: Penna
We buy Alderweireld for £50m, they sign Zaha for £65m, we sell Rojo for £30m and everyone is happy.

Can't believe Whats more crazy. Bidding 90m or rejecting it.
I honestly can't believe it's true. He is an excellent CB but for a club who is trying to catch up to Juve, 90M would help them a lot more than keeping Koulibaly.

Status
Not open for further replies.