Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know most gossip and reports from media are BS but have this sneaky feeling that Pogba is going to go. The rest of Europe have until end of August to buy and if a good offer comes in for Pogba the club might accept it. What i mean a good offer something like 180-200 mill. I think he wants out. Too much stuff going around about him being unhappy from multiple media sources. If he does stay for this season he be gone next summer.

Nothing really new here, but restating Toby was/is first choice. Also Marca, so eh. At least its a tweet about us!! :drool:

I can see it now. Woody behind the wheel of a muscle car reving his engine representing pure brute force and a lack of care about how much petrol he’s using and on the other side Levy peering over the steering wheel through his specs inside a moderately priced skoda.

"The intermediary has unexpectedly inserted himself in the middle of negotiations and now the Basque club are changing their tune and demanding for €60m in order to sell the player instead, doubling their previous demands of €30m."

If Levy wasn't such a tight arse he would have had a decent chunk in his pocket to spend. If Alderweireld isn't sold then I don't know what Spurs are thinking, because he'll have plenty of suitors next season when he is going for £25m. Juventus and Bayern would love a bit of that.

I know most gossip and reports from media are BS but have this sneaky feeling that Pogba is going to go. The rest of Europe have until end of August to buy and if a good offer comes in for Pogba the club might accept it. What i mean a good offer something like 180-200 mill. I think he wants out. Too much stuff going around about him being unhappy from multiple media sources. If he does stay for this season he be gone next summer.
We definitely won’t sell Pogba this window.

''has helped United'' How exactly? If anything by them not signing a replacement they're more likely to hold on to their CB.
Yeh I don’t get that? Nothing about that would help us, in fact quite the opposite.

Never going to happen, not this summer. Completely worrying for the sake of it. Not a chance he leaves us in this window.

''has helped United'' How exactly? If anything by them not signing a replacement they're more likely to hold on to their CB.

Anyway, If we get £30m for Rojo and spend that +£20m on Toby I'll be delighted.
It could mean We can swap one of our CB + cash for him since Spurs hasn't got his replacement and the transfer window is about to end, it puts United in a better position if Alderweireld wants to come. Even if a swap deal wont happen, Spurs could also be 'forced' to accept our offer (better to get some money than to keep an unhappy player) but again.. only if Alderweireld wants to come.

Wasn't £50m the price at the start? And judged too high!?

£50mil does still sound too high to me for what is a very good, if not truly exceptional player, who is 29 and entering the last year of their contract with no desire to extend.

Yeh I don’t get that? Nothing about that would help us, in fact quite the opposite.
A successful transfer window would mean they're less dependant on Toby. They could then keep an unhappy player knowing he wouldn't be a key member of the side if Utd won't match the price...maybe?
Like Martial, if he were a key Utd player I think we sell him but we have Rashford and Sanchez who can cover him until his head is right.
Without that cover I think we look for a replacement.
At the same time its a nothing tweet, he even mentions that the many CB to Utd stories he tweeted weren't actually true!

£50mil does still sound too high to me for what is a very good, if not truly exceptional player, who is 29 and entering the last year of their contract with no desire to extend.

Well Spurs have the option of a 1-year extension with a release clause of 25m that would kick in next summer.

So if we paid 50m, we're basically paying 25m for one season.

But if he improves the team and provides security and confidence from the back, allowing us to play more adventurous football.. then I'd say it's worth it.

Anyway, If we get £30m for Rojo and spend that +£20m on Toby I'll be delighted.

They couldn't buy anyone with the funds they have. i think that they are restricted in what they can spend. Villa said they are far from the value of Grealish and apparently they have the same problem with Zaha.
By selling to us, they'll have more funds available to conclude their transfers. that's what he means by 'has helped united'.

Who’s going to offer that? Barcelona and Juventus have spent a load of money already. There is no chance they have £150-200m left in their kitty.

That leaves PSG and Real Madrid. Real don’t need a CM and PSG is just mercenary central.

A successful transfer window would mean they're less dependant on Toby. They could then keep an unhappy player knowing he wouldn't be a key member of the side if Utd won't match the price...maybe?
That doesn’t make sense. That would mean because of the unsuccessful window they’re more dependent on him and so less likely to sell...

Napoli are closing in on Malcuit. We’re probably stuck with Darmian.

What is the reason of the sudden push Luckhurst is giving regarding Tobby's deal ? Last I checked he only talks like this when someone else reliable reports news.

If they did a deal now while his price is higher, they’d soon find a replacement. Odd how our fans are so keen to take a ‘squad player’.
He’s not really though is he. Because of his injury and the contract situation Spurs quite rightly prioritised Vert and Sanchez. If he signed a new spurs deal tomorrow he’d probably force his way back into the first 11 quite quickly.

So no right wing or a left back then? Or a backup striker for Lukaku or selling out some players it's another C.B or nothing eh! Mmm wow.

It's last two years in fairness. Otherwise there wouldn't be this 25m fee next summer

The keeper is a good point, forgot about him. But I'm thinking in the lines the prices quoted for Koulibaly (over €100 mill), Belotti last year (pretty sure it was around €100 mill), Savic (€150 mill) and so on. Seems like they're overestimating what they can get for a player having a good season. Take Belotti as an example. If they had sold him last year for a bit less then what was quoted, they could made an insane profit on him. Instead, they outpriced him and he stayed and scored 16 goals less this season.

I had completely forgotten Belotti existed tbh...haven't heard that name in months

I'd walk away from the Toby deal this week just to prove a point to cueball, take him for 25m next summer.

Alderweireld clearly wants to leave, and an unhappy player in a dressing room is never good, specially when a club is asking for way too much.
But would we get him next season or would competition from other clubs hurt us

Well Spurs have the option of a 1-year extension with a release clause of 25m that would kick in next summer.

So if we paid 50m, we're basically paying 25m for one season.

But if he improves the team and provides security and confidence from the back, allowing us to play more adventurous football.. then I'd say it's worth it.
We are paying 25m for one season and the certainty that we get him. If he is 25m next season anyone can sign him for that. Lots more clubs come into the equation and we may not be able to get him. Just like the sanchez trade off in January

We are paying 25m for one season and the certainty that we get him. If he is 25m next season anyone can sign him for that. Lots more clubs come into the equation and we may not be able to get him. Just like the sanchez trade off in January

Exactly.

Not surprised he's going on loan, would have liked it to be to a PL team, but the Palace loan move wasn't exactly great, so maybe the change of league is what he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.