Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great professional but i wont miss him a bit. Maybe he knows no one would touch him even its free.

Valencia is one of those players that despite his lack of quality and blatant shortcomings, seems to have cult hero status and enjoys popularity way beyond what his performances merit.

he’s Rooney like in the sense that he has had a number of people hoodwinked for way too long, the difference being that at one point Rooney was actually very good.

now that I’m looking back, us buying him (Valencia) was the first sign of ragnarok tbh

This thread is for transfer tweets, so hopefully no more posts like these horrors, the first is an embarrassment to the forum

I think if a player of the same age and profile of them two was available for rw he would have been signed or we would be in the process of making the deal happen

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. So we are circling back to the point that they have to be marketable (if I understand you correctly). I think we’ll keep running into trouble as long as the club keeps putting as much weight on these things as the pure sporting aspect. We really should have football people running the sporting part.

That Pilger bloke is a terrible source, surprised he's not blacklisted by now. Quietness and time being taken could mean literally ANYONE, doesn't have to mean Toby.

What?! Valencia has been a terrific servant for the club, and still is!

He's been our player of the season even.

Yep and the post above is lauding Juan Mata for being a great bloke and player in the right position (Valencia now playing at full back). Yet as a record signing he’s been bollocks. Cafe logic.

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. So we are circling back to the point that they have to be marketable (if I understand you correctly). I think we’ll keep running into trouble as long as the club keeps putting as much weight on these things as the pure sporting aspect. We really should have football people running the sporting part.

No, that's not what I am saying. Is lukaku that marketable? I mean that whilst Willian for instance would improve the team you have to look at other variables. He is probably on 100k+ at Chelsea and would probably want at least 200k to join. Then add in the transfer fee of 60m+ on top of that. If he was 24-27 I think the deal would be done. But at willians age it seems a huge gamble for the club. They have already given Sanchez who will be 30 soon a massive contract and probably don't want another 30 year old on a big long term contract. They have learned from the Rooney and Schweinsteiger situations.

You would think, since he's been angling to leave for fecking months, that our club would've been working on identifying potential replacements for ages. Yet there are now only a few days left in the window and we haven't found one.

No, that's not what I am saying. Is lukaku that marketable? I mean that whilst Willian for instance would improve the team you have to look at other variables. He is probably on 100k+ at Chelsea and would probably want at least 200k to join. Then add in the transfer fee of 60m+ on top of that. If he was 24-27 I think the deal would be done. But at willians age it seems a huge gamble for the club. They have already given Sanchez who will be 30 soon a massive contract and probably don't want another 30 year old on a big long term contract. They have learned from the Rooney and Schweinsteiger situations.
Ah, got you. So there isn’t anyone out there with the right profile? I don’t believe that for a second. We’re struggling to do business as we have since Woody took control (not counting record transfers like Pog and Rom)

Ah, got you. So there isn’t anyone out there with the right profile? I don’t believe that for a second. We’re struggling to do business as we have since Woody took control (not counting record transfers like Pog and Rom)

Are we though? I remember the legendary Gill failing on closing the hazard deal and the Moura deal. I believe Mourinho got his targets in his first summer. Last year Woody again wouldn't pay over market price for a 28 year old. It's a clear pattern Martial at 19 for 36m, Pog and Rom,Adm for 60 when he was 26, 18 year old shaw for 30m a few years back. Fred for 50m from the Ukrainian league , if it doest work out we can at least get half what we spent on him in a couple of years. If in a couple of years Willian hasn't worked out what do we get from him?

Are we though? I remember the legendary Gill failing on closing the hazard deal and the Moura deal. I believe Mourinho got his targets in his first summer. Last year Woody again wouldn't pay over market price for a 28 year old. It's a clear pattern Martial at 19 for 36m, Pog and Rom,Adm for 60 when he was 26, 18 year old shaw for 30m a few years back. Fred for 50m from the Ukrainian league , if it doest work out we can at least get half what we spent on him in a couple of years. If in a couple of years Willian hasn't worked out what do we get from him?
I get the logic, but this looks more like the spurs/pool model, and even then, they always seem to get the better talent. Something is wrong, and I’m no expert so can’t really isolate it, but it definitely doesn’t fill me with confidence.

How about Valencia?

If I’m not mistaken he fired his agent because he didn’t see himself leaving United.

Nah he seems to be devoid of any character, Evra clearly loved United and his personality is great, just a personal opinion that's all.

Desvelan que Yerry Mina cobraría 8,5 millones de euros al año en Manchester y firmaría por 5 temporadas....Los ingleses habrían presentado una propuesta de 39 millones, mientras que el Barça no quiere venderlo por menos de 45.

I would rather wait a year for Alderweireld than sign Mina, it just stinks of a panic buy...

Status
Not open for further replies.