Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arturo Vidal just seems like the most anti-Barca player I can think of.

I thought Vidal had lost it lately but Barca have dropped some decent wedge on him :o

Arturo Vidal just seems like the most anti-Barca player I can think of.
No. Smalling can claim that title for eternity. Coaches at Barcelona would go crazy with his passing

Hmm. Wonder which area. A whole summer signing only 2 players after finishing miles and miles behind City is worrying.

Hmm. Wonder which area. A whole summer signing only 2 players after finishing miles and miles behind City is worrying.

The WC, shorter window and lack of available talent at the tier 2 clubs have made this window impossible.

This guy must be the dream for Chelsea board. No more pressing them to sign anyone. Even if he doesn't win anything I think he can stay for a long time with this strategy.

This guy must be the dream for Chelsea board. No more pressing them to sign anyone. Even if he doesn't win anything I think he can stay for a long time with this strategy.
This needs time to tell. Abramovich ain't the type without ambition

Sound like CF by 2+2 logic regarding Higuain
No one available, though. Not one that would come right in and displace Morata. Plus, Sarri just said a couple of days ago that Batshuayi would definitely have a role to play for us.

I don't really think Roman is the same as before. He doesn't spend as much as he was previously anymore.
I know, but he is very competitive type, and wouldn't put no pressure if the club turn Arsenal the past decade.

No one available, though. Not one that would come right in and displace Morata. Plus, Sarri just said a couple of days ago that Batshuayi would definitely have a role to play for us.
Belotti seems to be on the market. Mertens has some rumor. Different type of forwards but proven goal scorer under Sarri

This is the strangest transfer window I can remember in a long time. The top 3 teams from last season have done such little business and even Chelsea have been pretty quiet . I just don't know what's happening but I genuinely think that there is a good chance now that we won't sign anyone

Belotti seems to be on the market. Mertens has some rumor. Different type of forwards but proven goal scorer under Sarri
From what I've read Belotti has been pretty average over the last season. I didn't follow him so couldn't say myself. Mertens, like Higuain, is 31-32 so can't see the club sanctioning a deal for him.

I think we have Alderweireld in the bag going by some reports today. If we are then playing 352 a right winger isn’t a necessity but a perisic type player is.

However if we go 4231 we definitely need a right winger and a left back but if we did get perisic he could double as a left wing back in a 352 and on the right of a 3 in 4231. If we can only get two I want those two as bale is a pipe dream.

From what I've read Belotti has been pretty average over the last season. I didn't follow him so couldn't say myself. Mertens, like Higuain, is 31-32 so can't see the club sanctioning a deal for him.
What was the asking price couple seasons ago? 100 mil ?

Henrotay said: "I have been reading everywhere that Chelsea are saying it is up to Thibaut, but he has made it clear to the club that the best option for him is to move to Madrid.
"For him this is a big decision because he wants to be near his family, and there is an offer in place for Chelsea to accept."
He added: "We have seen suggestions that it is about money, and it is true he could get an increase with a move.

"But he has turned down a better offer elsewhere because this is more than a financial decision.

"Throughout this it has important for everyone to be reasonable, and the buying club has come up with a reasonable offer for a player who has one year left on his contract when they know they could sign him without a fee in 12 months.

What was the asking price couple seasons ago? 100 mil ?
Think so. Like every other Italian club they overprice their players because they think they'll get a lot of money out of it, it seems. Kinda weird when they rarely sell players for that sum, and surely would want a hefty sum coming in. Which was the last player that got sold from the Italian league to a league abroad for a hefty sum? Pogba?

Think so. Like every other Italian club they overprice their players because they think they'll get a lot of money out of it, it seems. Kinda weird when they rarely sell players for that sum, and surely would want a hefty sum coming in. Which was the last player that got sold from the Italian league to a league abroad for a hefty sum? Pogba?

Yeah that sounds about right. Maybe have to go back to Kaka and Shevchenko before that

Henrotay said: "I have been reading everywhere that Chelsea are saying it is up to Thibaut, but he has made it clear to the club that the best option for him is to move to Madrid.
"For him this is a big decision because he wants to be near his family, and there is an offer in place for Chelsea to accept."
He added: "We have seen suggestions that it is about money, and it is true he could get an increase with a move.

"But he has turned down a better offer elsewhere because this is more than a financial decision.

"Throughout this it has important for everyone to be reasonable, and the buying club has come up with a reasonable offer for a player who has one year left on his contract when they know they could sign him without a fee in 12 months.

Show compassion. Give me a break! We sold our legendary, fan favorite keeper to a direct rival to accommodate him and he repays us by trying to force his way out.

Wish we'd just feck him off already and be done with him.

Show compassion. Give me a break! We sold our legendary, fan favorite keeper to a direct rival to accommodate him and he repays us by trying to force his way out.

Wish we'd just feck him off already and be done with him.

Sit his ass on the bench for a year! These footballers are becoming oh so tiresome, I'm starting to despise the game these days, not one player anyone can relate to.

I think Evra was the last player I had real love for from United.

This is the strangest transfer window I can remember in a long time. The top 3 teams from last season have done such little business and even Chelsea have been pretty quiet . I just don't know what's happening but I genuinely think that there is a good chance now that we won't sign anyone

It is a strange and quiet market in general. The Neymar deal seems to have been a wrench into the market. As fans, we don’t really care about the money, we just want the players our club needs. But club boards have to look at these players both as players and as massive investments, and at the moment there is too much risk. It’s also possible that FFP2 is already being discussed, and clubs may be prefer to wait a year in the expectation that the market comes down FFP does it’s job. Anyway, I agree it’s a strange market.

The points total last season wasn't really representative of the quality of the two squads. Jorginho is a big addition for your lot. A quality CF will make a huge difference IMO. The rest is about bringing the best out of what you have.

Sit his ass on the bench for a year! These footballers are becoming oh so tiresome, I'm starting to despise the game these days, not one player anyone can relate to.

I think Evra was the last player I had real love for from United.
How about Valencia?

If I’m not mistaken he fired his agent because he didn’t see himself leaving United.

I think we have Alderweireld in the bag going by some reports today. If we are then playing 352 a right winger isn’t a necessity but a perisic type player is.

However if we go 4231 we definitely need a right winger and a left back but if we did get perisic he could double as a left wing back in a 352 and on the right of a 3 in 4231. If we can only get two I want those two as bale is a pipe dream.

What reports?

What reports?

i'm only speculating on the reports the OP is talking about. However there were two reports in the past 24 hours from shaky outlets. One about spurs listening to offers for Toby/Dembele/Rose (Sky) and a supposed report that states that Toby will purposely run down his contract till the reduced fee kicks in if he isn't allow to transfer to MUFC now (Mirror).

I don’t know. Surely a more big picture approach is in place?:confused: Why splash big on Pogba and Lukaku and then throw in the towel?

I think if a player of the same age and profile of them two was available for rw he would have been signed or we would be in the process of making the deal happen

Great professional but i wont miss him a bit. Maybe he knows no one would touch him even its free.

What?! Valencia has been a terrific servant for the club, and still is!

He's been our player of the season even.

Half of Premier League teams would go for Valencia if He's free. Doesn't kick up a fuss, always gives his all, not the best but decent at RB. A lot of teams could definitely use him as a backup RB/RW, if not as a starter.

Valencia is one of those players that despite his lack of quality and blatant shortcomings, seems to have cult hero status and enjoys popularity way beyond what his performances merit.

he’s Rooney like in the sense that he has had a number of people hoodwinked for way too long, the difference being that at one point Rooney was actually very good.

now that I’m looking back, us buying him (Valencia) was the first sign of ragnarok tbh

Valencia was brilliant for a good period of his time here, he's just not anymore. We don't need to rewrite history and pretend he was always average, because that's just simply a lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.