Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still wondering why some here are still talking about United allowing Pogba to leave.. it's absolutely mental.

He's our most prized asset and is signed to a lengthy contract. He's also coming off the back of a solid world cup in a position that isn't easy to fill.

United tried for years to build the CM area yet some really think they are going to be forced to sell Pogba last ditch in a transfer window :lol:

I just noticed after reading this that Fulham don't actually have a recognised senior left back in their squad. They had Targett on loan (from Southampton) last season.

It was Sessegnon until Christmas

I still think we end up with Alderweireld, you just have to wait till the final day when that tight feck Levy opens for business like he always does.

I think you are right. And I wouldn't be surprised we don't complete on Mina if we get Toby, towards the end of the window. Mina could well be the next Morata.

When there are constant rumours of a player not being happy or being linked to different clubs over a considerable period of time and the player (and in some cases, the club and or manager) never comes out to out rightly deny it, you just know there is some truth in there somewhere. If Pogba does not leave this Summer (and I don't doubt we could still witness some last day crazy, never-been-seen-before swaps and deals in this transfer window), my guess is that he'll be gone pretty soon.

On a bit of a lighter mood, Jose seems jinxed when it comes to French players most recently. First was our rumoured failed attempts at getting Mbappe and Griezmann. Then Martial and Pogba (according to repeated rumours) seem unhappy and want out. :lol:
He already denied it before with let them talk sign. He has better things to do than deny every stupid rumour out there.

Hardly an upgrade on Jones/Rojo.

Looked decent at the World Cup and highly-rated for Palmeiras, doesn't have the injury issues either of those do and at 23 would seemingly have some untapped potential unlike those 2.

That said, I don't think he should be the target if United are solely after 1 CB. 2 yes, and he could replace Jones and/or Rojo in the squad, but United likely need a CB who's more proven, more experienced and can provide some leadership and stability to the backline to start.

Looked decent at the World Cup and highly-rated for Palmeiras, doesn't have the injury issues either of those do and at 23 would seemingly have some untapped potential unlike those 2.

That said, I don't think he should be the target if United are solely after 1 CB. 2 yes, and he could replace Jones and/or Rojo in the squad, but United likely need a CB who's more proven, more experienced and can provide some leadership and stability to the backline to start.

I dont think that is any indication he is solid or an upgrade though. AC Milan just sold an outcast of a CB to Palmeiras who have been drooling after him for ages; Gustavo Gomez. He is 25 yo, and barely played for Milan over his two seasons there. He was a promising CB from Lanus in Argentina (where he won the league in his last season ahead of moving to Milan).

What I am trying to say is that being a talented CB from the South American leagues is not really a good indication that the said player will succeed in Europe. I feel there is a lot of rubbish defending going on down there and all about attacking. Where if a CB or defender has a decent season they stand out to the rest.

Reactions: van der star
I find it hard to trust the opinions of those who haven’t actively watched Mina when he was at Palmeiras in the Brazilian league.

Surely you can not form an accurate opinion on the player based on the 9/10 games he has played for Barca and Colombia in the past 6 months?

I find it hard to trust the opinions of those who haven’t actively watched Mina when he was at Palmeiras in the Brazilian league.

Surely you can not form an accurate opinion on the player based on the 9/10 games he has played for Barca and Colombia in the past 6 months?
Atleast we can know about his style of play. No defender can learn to pass the ball in a few months. Mina isn't a ball playing CB and is not what we require.

However if the requirement is being a threat at set pieces then its understandable considering Maguire is a threat too. Hence the links to both defenders.

Today is the day! right? eh? :boring::boring:

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone provide us with some absolute horse crap for all I care, just get some tweets in here lying to us, making us believe something exciting may happen

wtf? I haven't been on Redcafe since last night. Thought I'd give it until past noon and there'd be a nice big round number at the top of my screen. Imagine my horror when I hit the enter button and there's zero tweets!!

Is that the guy on £170k a week?:wenger:

Lets fecking hope so eh.

Don't know where you're getting £170k from, rumours were that he was demanding ~£77k a year and that the likes of Arsenal were put off by that.

Might be on that or close to at Palace in order to get him to sign, which is still a lot.

Talented player but I can't see if working out, terrible attitude and he won't enjoy being at a club who lose most weeks.

Atleast we can know about his style of play. No defender can learn to pass the ball in a few months. Mina isn't a ball playing CB and is not what we require.

However if the requirement is being a threat at set pieces then its understandable considering Maguire is a threat too. Hence the links to both defenders.

Has Jose gone through his tactics for the coming season with you? Otherwise how on earth would you know what this ‘we’ you speak of requires or not?

Has Jose gone through his tactics for the coming season with you? Otherwise how on earth would you know what this ‘we’ you speak of requires or not?

fecking hell what is the point of debating anything on here when you get comments like this? All the guy is saying is you lack somebody with the ability to bring the ball out and play from the back FFS.

'I think we need a CM, we only have 1 in the squad'
'Oh has the manager been through his tactics with you? Has he 100% indicated that he plans to play with any CM's whatsoever?'

Between shit like this and the 'why do you care how much the club spends on a player' bollocks I've been seeing a lot of lately, we might as well all just pack it in and not bother commenting on transfers at all.

fecking hell what is the point of debating anything on here when you get comments like this? All the guy is saying is you lack somebody with the ability to bring the ball out and play from the back FFS.

'I think we need a CM, we only have 1 in the squad'
'Oh has the manager been through his tactics with you? Has he 100% indicated that he plans to play with any CM's whatsoever?'

Between shit like this and the 'why do you care how much the club spends on a player' bollocks I've been seeing a lot of lately, we might as well all just pack it in and not bother commenting on transfers at all.

Who told you we should pack it in and stop commenting on transfers??

Will be disappointed if we don't get Willian. He would have been an upgrade on Lingard and Mata

Seems to be a slow news day today

*Hopes to jinx that*
*Unless it’s news that Pogba is off to Barca*

Anyone think we might get a back up centre forward to Lukaku. We struggled towards end of season when he got injured.

Can't think of anyone out there to be back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.