Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
City players are happy to play for Pep. They don't need money, all they need is seeing his face everyday and their day is complete.

I just noticed after reading this that Fulham don't actually have a recognised senior left back in their squad. They had Targett on loan (from Southampton) last season.

They have Le Marchand who they signed this summer, he's as much of a LB as he is a CB.

Not surprised about Higuain at all. Would've been the exact opposite profile that our club likes to sign. Giroud may be over 30 but was always coming in as cover and as a plan b. Higuain for £50m or more at 31 years of age as the main man was never going to be an option for the club.

Only problem now is that there are no other options for us and Morata has looked like last season's version so far in preseason.

Not surprised about Higuain at all. Would've been the exact opposite profile that our club likes to sign. Giroud may be over 30 but was always coming in as cover and as a plan b. Higuain for £50m or more at 31 years of age as the main man was never going to be an option for the club.

Only problem now is that there are no other options for us and Morata has looked like last season's version so far in preseason.

Think he will go with Bats if Morata doesn't perform, or Hazard as a false 9.

Being able to live in London instead of Manchester, probably a better financial offer and a chance to work with your ex manager from who you know that you'll play the majority of the games - it's not so hard to see why Jorginho ultimately joined Chelsea instead of City.

Who here thinks we will do a totally random signing which no one knew would happen?

Fully expect it to be Alderweireld and that's it. I was thinking Willian might happen after Sarri's comments, but that seems to have taken a step back after his latest ones. We could yet panic buy someone though.

Tbf they can just wait until the premier league transfer window closes and low ball clubs for whoever they want. Why wouldn’t they?

But surely the clubs would just turn around say no. The players know they won't be sold after our deadline so they need to push now to get a deal done.

Ya.... have a feeling we'll just overpay for Toby and that will be that. Although potentially a good signing, ignoring our RW situation is suicidal.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The idea that Toby will be the dramatic final week, or deadline day signing, when we probably don't even desperately need a CB is just yuck.

Toby is a leader and organiser and lets us play 3 at the back, it would be very worthwhile.

Last edited:
you cant honestly think that? We wont sign any of those 3 :)

Might not be those 3 specifically. But I do believe the club is working on a few big things. Might be muppetry but there's a guy on Reddit who has provided inside information before, and he keeps telling people that United have something big lined up in terms of players that would improve the first team. Far as I know, he's said there's one player certainly coming who would improve the first team and a second big player that is a distinct possibility.

https://www.reddit.com/user/xisimon
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/8vn26z/tomorrow_kohler_announcement/
https://www.reddit.com/r/reddevils/comments/93n2nv/lukaku_rashford_jones_and_lindelöf_set_to_return/e3eic8k/?context=3

This is where I got the figures from.

He’s not on 170

He’s not on 170k.

It's good to know Meyer is on between £170 and £170k per week. Thanks.

Don't know where you're getting £170k from, rumours were that he was demanding ~£77k a year and that the likes of Arsenal were put off by that.

Might be on that or close to at Palace in order to get him to sign, which is still a lot.

Talented player but I can't see if working out, terrible attitude and he won't enjoy being at a club who lose most weeks.

Might not be those 3 specifically. But I do believe the club is working on a few big things. Might be muppetry but there's a guy on Reddit who has provided inside information before, and he keeps telling people that United have something big lined up in terms of players that would improve the first team. Far as I know, he's said there's one player certainly coming who would improve the first team and a second big player that is a distinct possibility.

https://www.reddit.com/user/xisimon
Knob heads on reddit don't know a thing. If they did Smalling would be at Wolves by now

Knob heads on reddit don't know a thing. If they did Smalling would be at Wolves by now

True, but those guys usually get hit pretty hard when they're wrong about one thing. This guy has been right about a few things - called the Kohler sponsorship timing and said United would sign a reserve keeper in the next 24 hours - then we signed Lee Grant. Again, I'm not hanging all my hopes on this, but I do believe United are up to something.

1 first team signing likely, with a second possible, is not "inside information" - it's exactly what Mourinho said publicly a week ago.

True, but those guys usually get hit pretty hard when they're wrong about one thing. This guy has been right about a few things - called the Kohler sponsorship timing and said United would sign a reserve keeper in the next 24 hours - then we signed Lee Grant. Again, I'm not hanging all my hopes on this, but I do believe United are up to something.
Is this the same guy that said we're signing a player we agreed terms with last season and that it was a huge deal? Was around the Kohler deal info posted on Reddit.

Status
Not open for further replies.