Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bayern need a winger. Ribery/Robben are 35/34 and Gnabry is a bit shit.

They might not sign Martial, but saying they dont want a winger is just a lie.

"As it stands, United probably only have the time to maybe sell one more, and get that defender, with many club sources still maintaining it will still be Toby Alderweireld - but that it’s likely to go right to the wire."

It was a kneejerk reaction from the FA and the PL clubs. United voted against it and rightly so. it's extremely stupid. it's either the same for all europe or at least the big leagues, or nothing.

Bayern need a winger. Ribery/Robben are 35/34 and Gnabry is a bit shit.

They might not sign Martial, but saying they dont want a winger is just a lie.
They'll make a move for him next summer and they'll lowball us as he'll only have 1 year left on his contract at that stage.

It's about getting game time. As he is, he's at best second choice for some better clubs. Why would we send him to somebody's bench?

He could have gone to a club like Villa which would have been a much better test

It's about getting game time. As he is, he's at best second choice for some better clubs. Why would we send him to somebody's bench?

I just feel that if he was a future no.1 for us he should be at a level now where he could be looking to start for a championship club.

how have they convinced higuain to go to Milan.
It's like City swapping Aguero and Zinchenko for Hazard. Just never happens.
Not like Milan is a hell hole or something. Higuain may even see it as an upgrade in some respects. More glamorous city and way less pressure than at Juve where it's CL or bust.

I wonder if Woodward and Jose are sat back somewhere smugly knowing they've got something sorted, and no one is on to it...

Sneaky feeling this is the case. Koulibaly is the big one I'd watch in the next week. We might be mad enough to pay the 100m pound Napoli wants.

"As it stands, United probably only have the time to maybe sell one more, and get that defender, with many club sources still maintaining it will still be Toby Alderweireld - but that it’s likely to go right to the wire."

I don't get it. It's only shortened by three weeks. Clubs still have over two months to negotiate a transfer. Actually that's not true, clubs have all season to negotiate a transfer and then over two months to finalise and register the player. It's only incompetent managers and chairmen dithering that cause the last minute mad rush.

He could have gone to a club like Villa which would have been a much better test
Those clubs play with an ambition to get promoted (PL money) so no guarantee game time. When he is given time a mistake and he can be benched for the rest of the season.

I just feel that if he was a future no.1 for us he should be at a level now where he could be looking to start for a championship club.
GK really needs experience from playing. Just because you may have potential doesn't mean you're better off waiting on the wing for chance to displace a starter GK at some higher level clubs. And GK is unique position that you don't have to learn from other senior players when on the pitch. Playing at decent level can be all it takes to help development. Getting game time and being at weaker team in the competition where you're asked to do more goal keeping job may be a better benefit.

Last edited:
I don't get it. It's only shortened by three weeks. Clubs still have over two months to negotiate a transfer. Actually that's not true, clubs have all season to negotiate a transfer and then over two months to finalise and register the player. It's only incompetent managers and chairmen dithering that cause the last minute mad rush.
Not really. Sellers especially foreign clubs are at advantage. They can ask extra fee from English clubs and hold out since they can always sell at more reasonable price after English transfer window closes. English clubs are forced to overpay most of the time.

Rose has been meh since returning from injury. Not even close to displace Ashley Young for a starting spot for England. We're supposed to get rid of deadwood not adding more

I know, post was meant somewhat as a joke hence the Levy comment. But yeah unless he is dirt cheap then think the ship has sailed on Danny Rose somehow.

Whos this Meyer guy? What's the big fuss? Is he any good?

Whos this Meyer guy? What's the big fuss? Is he any good?
Was (is?) a rated youngster, only 22.

If he lives up to any sort of promise i imagine he'll be off within 2 seasons.

I'm surprised some people on here would want Boateng he's injured all the time will cost a fortune and be another Phil Jones.

Hypothetically speaking if Marcelo ends up at Juve and we don't go for Sandro then I will label Ed and Mourinho as useless as Dr Evil's comb.

Hypothetically speaking if Marcelo ends up at Juve and we don't go for Sandro then I will label Ed and Mourinho as useless as Dr Evil's comb.
Not really. What if behind the scene Madrid need to find replacement and wouldn't agree for the sale until deadline day of their transfer window. This makes Juventus not to agree the sale of Alex Sandro until things get sorted out. English transfer window closes early is the problem in this scenario.

Not really. What if behind the scene Madrid need to find replacement and wouldn't agree for the sale until deadline day of their transfer window. This makes Juventus not to agree the sale of Alex Sandro until things get sorted out. English transfer window closes early is the problem in this scenario.

Yeah that is true. Also theres a possibility Madrid would be asking for Sandro in return.

Difficult choice for Boateng if it comes to it. Live in Paris and partner with Thiago Silva in defence or live in Manchester and look at Phil Jones drooling in training every morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.