Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could swear some of our posters on here are professional scouts with the assessment and conviction on their statement on players. Either good or bad. There are no shades of grey.
They either spend all of their waking time watching football matches from all over the world....or they play Football Manager, have never actually seen these players play, and know absolutely f*ck all.

I know where my money is.

Would rather see no one signed than Mina. He’s worse than what we have.

Im not sure worse is the right word. He might be less developed, but I think he has better potential than most of our defence, tall, quick and skillful and very good at headers.

He'd be a different option, one that could grow to become a starter, but would probably be the best option from the bench in terms of height offering support to defence and attack late in a game.

Surely Palace aren't paying £170k p/w for Meyer, more like £70k.

Why is everyone dead-set against Mina? He looked good at the World Cup

Because he has only played 6 times for Barca and they are considering selling. Basically most don't have a damn clue.

I'd probably go as far as to say less than 1% can make a qualified judgement. How many people watch the Brazilian leagues and further to that how many study defenders in the Brazilian leagues with any level of intensity.

Compare that to mourinho on martial.

Mourinho is more direct and does not bullshit. Sarri wants to sound nice by saying he wants to speak to the player first and then in the same breath tells everyone he is not happy and that William's action is 'strange'.
So, he says he doesn't want to say anything yet he says a lot. :lol:

This is why Jose has problems with people. He often sidetracks diplomacy.

I would absolutely love it if we got Mertens.

I’d bet hundreds of pounds it won’t happen though.

Amazing business from Barca if it happens, they paid €11M and he played a handfull of games, they realized he's slow and sloppy and could now somehow not only get rid of a dud, but make over £25M profit.

Amazing business from Barca if it happens, they paid €11M and he played a handfull of games, they realized he's slow and sloppy and could now somehow not only get rid of a dud, but make over £25M profit.

I’m not sure that’s what they’ve realised in fairness.

There’s a massive amount of good CBs that wouldn’t fit at Barca but would (and) do extremely well in the PL.

Price does seem high though - though reportedly being wanted by a few TV rich Prem clubs will do that.

Who is McGuire, and if he really is as good as Ramos and Hummels, sign him up! Never heard of him before, but get it done woody.

I’ll learn the correct spelling when and if we sign him. I just don’t think he’s coming to us.

Is this the dude who plays poker?

No that was Max Kruse. He was thrown out of the german Nt because of some things he did in his private life.

He is still one of the best players in Bundesliga and has been for years.

Unlike that Max Meyer dude. I remember the outcry when Jesse Lingard got his 100k a week contract. Now imagine someone with less natural talent and less achievements than Jesse getting 170k. Max Meyer is still living off his hype from 5 years ago.

I’m not sure that’s what they’ve realised in fairness.

There’s a massive amount of good CBs that wouldn’t fit at Barca but would (and) do extremely well in the PL.

Price does seem high though - though reportedly being wanted by a few TV rich Prem clubs will do that.
Well he is slow and sloppy on the ball which is why they don't want him, how that's good enough for us when we already have sloppy ball players at CB, I don't know.

the price is crazy given he's not improved at all since they bought him, but the PL money glut is like blood in the water to the rest of Europe's clubs with bits of deadwood to flog.

No that was Max Kruse. He was thrown out of the german Nt because of some things he did in his private life.

He is still one of the best players in Bundesliga and has been for years.

Unlike that Max Meyer dude. I remember the outcry when Jesse Lingard got his 100k a week contract. Now imagine someone with less natural talent and less achievements than Jesse getting 170k. Max Meyer is still living off his hype from 5 years ago.

I was going to do a lame 'looks like Palace have gone all in on Meyer' gag. Good thing I held it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.