Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he is slow and sloppy on the ball which is why they don't want him, how that's good enough for us when we already have sloppy ball players at CB, I don't know.

the price is crazy given he's not improved at all since they bought him, but the PL money glut is like blood in the water to the rest of Europe's clubs with bits of deadwood to flog.

I think it was Duncan Castles who was saying they originally wanted to send him out on loan but they also kind of need the money. Who knows. I think he could develop into an improvement on what we've got, but a ball playing centre back he's not. If we're signing him I wouldn't be surprised that we are signing two.

6624[/MEDIA][/QUOTE]

Been impressed with Mertens the few times i have seen him play. £35m in today's market seems cheap,.

Mina in and Rojo out for about the same money. I guess that is an improvement or is it ?

Will be happy with such a deal. Mina is a monster in the air, and is quite a good passer. Main problem is that he can be rather slow, especially on the turn.

I'm liking all this English talent going abroad.

Finally, since recently most of them rather go to championship or lower then try their luck abroad in weaker leagues, where they could gain EL/CL xp too.

That and maybe an agent or two. They produce stats and try to convince us McGuire is a world class defender of the same caliber as Sergio Ramos and Mats Hummels. Good thing we aren’t the ones with the checkbook.

I don't understand, are these produced stats fake? Comparing defenders off the ball in different systems isn't easy. But comparing their succesful defensive interventions and creative work on the ball is pretty straight forward.
No one laid down an inference from the given date that Maguire was of the same Calibre. Maybe he isn't, maybe it was a fluke across 38 games. But to just dismiss stats because they differ from your previously formed conclusion is being very shackled.

Vrsaljko gone to inter on loan. I guess signing dalot meant not hugely needed here

Amazing business from Barca if it happens, they paid €11M and he played a handfull of games, they realized he's slow and sloppy and could now somehow not only get rid of a dud, but make over £25M profit.

Done lots of scouting in the Brazilian leagues have you....?

Because I cant see any sense in what you are saying.

You do realise Mina has been scouted for a couple of years? Barca might have got in early, maybe got a good price. That doesn't mean it was a fair price.

Dalot for example could be £60m next summer...who knows! What we paid is irrelevant as he has a release clause.

6624[/MEDIA]

Been impressed with Mertens the few times i have seen him play. £35m in today's market seems cheap,.[/QUOTE]

Except a month or so ago he had a release clause which was set at 28 million euros. That's now expired. So had we done our business in time we could have saved 11 million pounds. Not that I think we're actually in for him.

"MEN Sport understands that while Pereira is represented by agent Giuliano Bertolucci, it is his father, Marcos, who is the key influence within his inner circle.
Following a previous spell at Granada, Marcos is understood to have advised his son to look elsewhere for the second summer running - much to Mourinho's displeasure."

"MEN Sport understands that while Pereira is represented by agent Giuliano Bertolucci, it is his father, Marcos, who is the key influence within his inner circle.
Following a previous spell at Granada, Marcos is understood to have advised his son to look elsewhere for the second summer running - much to Mourinho's displeasure."

Would be very disappointing I must say.

They either spend all of their waking time watching football matches from all over the world....or they play Football Manager, have never actually seen these players play, and know absolutely f*ck all.

I know where my money is.

Why do you doubt that they have a better scouting coverage and scope than all the worlds clubs combined?

Pogba to Barca is a non-story. Even if he wants to go and they want him they can't afford him anyway.

It's a complete non-starter. Pogba is going nowhere this summer.
Wouldn't it really take the biscuit though if we lost one of our best players to them and take Yerry Mina off their hands. Yes they have time to do the transfer but without a replacement and a world class one at that, there is no chance this will happen now. If it does someone wants their arse kicking.

Isn't he supposed to be really good ? Palace making some interesting moves.
He was regarded very highly but I guess he hasn't progressed that well, if he was very good,im sure Bayern would have snapped him up or any other top club for that matter

If it doesn't click for Pogba this season and his United career continues to go the way it has been up to this point, I reckon he'll go next Summer. This Summer though I'm sure he'll stay.

As for Andreas Pereira, surely he is in control of what he does next? This sounds like a replay of last year when Jose wanted him to stay but he left anyway. In fairness to him it was likely the right decision but at some point you need to make a go of it at United. Should be this season.

If it doesn't click for Pogba this season and his United career continues to go the way it has been up to this point, I reckon he'll go next Summer. This Summer though I'm sure he'll stay.

As for Andreas Pereira, surely he is in control of what he does next? This sounds like a replay of last year when Jose wanted him to stay but he left anyway. In fairness to him it was likely the right decision but at some point you need to make a go of it at United. Should be this season.
There quite often seems to be a problem when the father is in charge of where their sons go. It is Andreas's career and he should do what he feels is right for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.