Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
The non-eu rule will definitely be playing a part.
Didn't they get rid of Paulinho? Also I read Coutinho is close to attaining European Visa.
Also they knew about the Non Eu rule in January, think they expected him to be better than what he turned out to be

Don't think anyone thinks hes shite necessarily. Personally just think we're better off sticking with what we have unless there's a top class option available.

Edit: simonhch apart :lol:

But we know that the collection of centre halves we already own are dismally bad. There had to be a case for taking a risk on a new signing at the back.

But we know that the collection of centre halves we already own are dismally bad. There had to be a case for taking a risk on a new signing at the back.

That's way over the top. Only Jones and Rojo have serious issues.

Lindelof and Bailly have potential and deserve more time. Smalling has his downsides but is incredibly reliable and is our best 'out and out' defender.

That's way over the top. Only Jones and Rojo have serious issues.

Lindelof and Bailly have potential and deserve more time. Smalling has his downsides but is incredibly reliable and is our best 'out and out' defender.

If Smalling is our best defender then we shouldn’t even bother showing up.....

Think we likely did, but Juve had maybe told him they wanted him back. Seems to be the sort who wants to stay in Italy.
Understandably so, given his age and that it's Juventus. Do people think we just 'have to be in' for a player and they'll drop everything and sign?

3 at the back with Mina/Smalling - Lindelöf - Bailly/Jones maybe? Lindelöf being the one to bring the ball out from defence, the others doing the heavy defensive work. Pretty uncertain how we'll lineup this season though. Have been playing majority of the matches with 3 cb, so that might be our main tactic going into the new season.

How do you know we didn't? I hate these posts.
I think that we didn't. His price is bargain. Italy wasn't on world cup. We can pay more than juve. We could finish that job in june in a few days.
Of course, maybe bonucci didn't want to leave italy. We will never know

Just gone through 4 pages and zilch transfer rumours on Utd.

Can someone make up a rumour or can we lift the ban on posts from Indykalia for 7 days so we can some excitement to this forum.

I do not think we are after Mina at all, but he would be a very disappointing signing. Literally not better than any of the ones we already have here. What we need is a leader and a thinker, not another warrior without brains.

The club have basically said they don't know where he is so he might not even have communicated with them from what we last heard from official channels.
Indeed, he may have not told them what was going on and may well have been AWOL.

However, I cannot believe for a second that when he did tell them, it was via twitter or facebook.

Why is everyone dead-set against Mina? He looked good at the World Cup
He had a horrible game which seems to scar people mind. Other than that I don't see anyone can base on his time in Brazil or his performance for Colombia NT to assess him objectively

Last edited:
Why is everyone dead-set against Mina? He looked good at the World Cup

because hes another project at cb, when we already have two. giving up rojo and paying more for mina is not the direction we should going. mina would be fine if we had two establish starters. We don't have two established starters, everyone is at the same level and interchangeable.

I could swear some of our posters on here are professional scouts with the assessment and conviction with their statement on players. Either good or bad. There are no shades of grey.

Last edited:
Would rather see no one signed than Mina. He’s worse than what we have.

It's an easy link because Barca want rid and he raised his profile during the world cup. I don't think Barca are complaining about his name being linked with Man United every morning.

Yeah I'm still totally not believing the Mina links, it doesn't make sense, doesn't fit the profile of the CB we've seemingly been after all summer either.

Stylistically he seems to fit the bill - strong in the air, comfortable on the ball. He doesn't have the experience/leadership qualities I assumed we were prioritising, though. Still, deals for Bonucci/Boateng/Alderweireld etc are not looking likely.

I could swear some of our posters on here are professional scouts with the assessment and conviction on their statement on players. Either good or bad. There are no shades of grey.

That and maybe an agent or two. They produce stats and try to convince us McGuire is a world class defender of the same caliber as Sergio Ramos and Mats Hummels. Good thing we aren’t the ones with the checkbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.