Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
So everyone is a Mina expert now? Can we have the verdict of an actual La Liga follower?
Don't think anyone thinks hes shite necessarily. Personally just think we're better off sticking with what we have unless there's a top class option available.

Edit: simonhch apart :lol:

So everyone is a Mina expert now? Can we have the verdict of an actual La Liga follower?
He was pretty bad for Barca from what I know, he only played 3/4 games and was the CB in the only match they lost.
I doubt if he was very impressive Barca would be selling him this soon

Funny go back a season and I bet lots of people liking us linked with Maguire would say dont want, he has got relegated with Hull and saying sign Mina up, Barcelona are linked he must be good.

Personally dont think either solve our weaknesses totally at the back (obviously wrongly judging Mina from seeing very little of him in international football at a major tournament).....but my hunch would be either would still improve us and probably be a better centre back singing than the one we made last year which was poor in my opinion. Mina and Maguire look like they both have the ability, mental attitude and physicality to be better than the mainly average defenders we have at the club at the moment.

Vast majority of us dont know enough of Mina to judge, but considering he played well at the world cup I find the general disdain for signing him a bit strange

I'm happy with the Fred signing and feel he'll improve us but Mina? Meh. Not going to make us better or worse. Just an extra defender who may not get injured I guess. Would prefer to just push harder of Alderweireld or Maguire or shift focus entirely to a right winger or left back.

Exactly this. They’ve over extended themselves financially to sign Ronaldo. His wages are in another stratosphere. Not surprising they are trying to balance the books really. Hardly a bad trade though, Ronaldo for Higuaín!

He’s only been there 2 years, and cost them 90m. So they’ve probably amortized 45m of that transfer. They are getting 36m for him (plus another 18 potentially), meaning their accounting loss on him is only 9m, and potentially they can make a 9m profit on his transfer.

Bonucci for Caldara seems incredibly short sighted. They are going balls deep to win the CL this year. But with a well established system and a finely oiled machine, plus a front two of Dybala and Ronaldo, I would put them in the top 3 favourites along with Barca and PSG. I have to count Madrid out because they simply can’t win it 4 times in a row.
Id say it was a combo of balance the books a bit as they have a decent squad now but also I don't think those two got on at Real.
Yeah they look really strong and will certainly be in the mix for champions league with Ronaldo now.

But his agent said that he wanted to leave.
Shouldn't we believe his agent?

Agents will be agents, and journalists will be journalists. Both like to stir shet up. Martial just overstayed for the birth of his son, he claims there were medical complications to his wife, that’s all we really know.

Bu I am sure if the right offer comes along we would take it, specially if he isn’t going to an EPL competitor.

He looked awesome in world cup. Surely your not judging a 23 year old based on 2 performances for Barcelona having just flown 9000 km to a new continent to try and settle into a new life and way of football for the first time?
Hes only at Barca barely 8 months (minus a football season finished plus a world cup) and they are ready to offload says alot.

I'm happy with the Fred signing and feel he'll improve us but Mina? Meh. Not going to make us better or worse. Just an extra defender who may not get injured I guess. Would prefer to just push harder of Alderweireld or Maguire or shift focus entirely to a right winger or left back.

That would be the logical thing to do, right at the start of this window I had a LB & RW as an absolute must, if we did that then a CM and a RB, I even thought a backup striker would have been deemed as more important this window than a CB!

That would be the logical thing to do, right at the start of this window I had a LB & RW as an absolute must, if we did that then a CM and a RB, I even thought a backup striker would have been deemed as more important this window than a CB!

Agree. Moving target to another position is better than getting a CB that will end on the bench. At least Maguire and Tobby would start easily for us, while this Mina kid won't even get past Smalling. We don't need to repeat Lindelof mistake of signing someone that's not going to be a starter.

My worry is why are Barca willingly allowing him to go after him only joining in January. They’ve already replaced him with Lenglet too

So from what I understand he’s poor with his feet and playing out of the back even if he’s very good defensively how does that solve any of our problems?

My worry is why are Barca willingly allowing him to go after him only joining in January. They’ve already replaced him with Lenglet too
They overfilled their quota of foreign players. That is why they have to let one go. I don't know how good he is but they don't have a choice in the matter.

Question: Can a player from English club leave for other club (non English league) after August 9th?

Agree. Moving target to another position is better than getting a CB that will end on the bench. At least Maguire and Tobby would start easily for us, while this Mina kid won't even get past Smalling. We don't need to repeat Lindelof mistake of signing someone that's not going to be a starter.

It's just too stupid even by our standards, so I'm going assume it's rubbish until I see it.

Jose has bought two cb's, he's had his fill in that position for a bit surely, & tbf both have shown promise. so just stick with them for now, we have adequate backup for whenever we need it.

If the Mina equivalent was available at RW then I'd be all for it, because we are crying out for a player there to at least give us hope.

It's just too stupid even by our standards, so I'm going assume it's rubbish until I see it.

Jose has bought two cb's, he's had his fill in that position for a bit surely, & tbf both have shown promise. so just stick with them for now, we have adequate backup for whenever we need it.

If the Mina equivalent was available at RW then I'd be all for it, because we are crying out for a player there to at least gives us hope.

Exactly. Why go for another prospect in defence when we are desperate for literally anything, a body, on the right wing?

So from what I understand he’s poor with his feet and playing out of the back even if he’s very good defensively how does that solve any of our problems?
He’s not really poor with his feet just nothing special.

Status
Not open for further replies.