Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand all the smalling hate on here, Jones is so so much worse. Smalling is brilliant in the air and allot of the time does well defensively, ok he's a shit footballer ala bringing the ball out etc but he can bloody defend.

Just because he is slightly better than jones doesn’t mean he isn’t crap. Just means he is less crap. I hate seeing him on team sheet because I just know at least 10 times in a game he will pass the ball five yards behind a target and slow down a counter attack

This. Inter are a pathetic club tbh. Want extortionate fees for most of their players, yet want everybody they sign on loan first.
Inter are working under strict FFP sanctions. They're not asking players on loan by choice

A lot of Smalling overrating going on here... The guy is shit.. said it last year our worst CB when all are fit and firing.

And he gets so lucky with his shirt pulling all the time in the box.
Well you said it wrong I'm afraid.

Every player is shite on our team nowadays. Maybe just maybe he's a decent player, but someone to improve upon if our aim is to have one of the best teams in the world.

Fair enough, that's your opinion.

In mine, Bailly, Jones and at times, Rojo have been consistently defenders than him when they've had a decent spell fit. Think Lindelof, Tuanzebe and Fosu-Mensah will prove themselves far better defenders as well in time. He's no poster boy for fitness either.

I watch Smalling and I see a walking mistake waiting to happen. He loses concentration in the same way Rio used to very early on in his career, but unlike Rio, he lacks the pace and athleticism to make up for mistakes. He is also well past the stage Rio stopped making such errors.

Jones and Bailly can also make mistakes, but both are more athletic than Smalling and in my opinion, have more natural defensive ability.
Smalling lacks pace and athleticism? What? He's our fastest CB and I'd only have Bailley being more of an athlete than him.

Smalling lacks pace and athleticism? What? He's our fastest CB and I'd only have Bailley being more of an athlete than him.

According to that post, Smalling is a walking mistake yet Jones is better than him when he has a decent spell fit.

Jones is like watching a car crash, he has cost us multiple games in the last season alone including the FA cup final which was one of the biggest games of the season. He is a last ditch defender, always on the edge of completely losing it for no reason instead of doing the coached play.

People just don't watch football but still find the time to comment on it.
It's not the first person I've seen say that Smalling is slow. They're linking how he looks on the ball to his athleticism. Clearly, because he looks so awkward he must be slow.

According to that post, Smalling is a walking mistake yet Jones is better than him when he has a decent spell fit.

Jones is like watching a car crash, he has cost us multiple games in the last season alone including the FA cup final which was one of the biggest games of the season. He is a last ditch defender, always on the edge of completely losing it for no reason instead of doing the coached play.
Given up on Jones tbh. I don't hate him but I have no faith in him anymore.

Jones once had the potential to be better than Smalling. If one has to go, it as to be Jones though, the guy cant even stay fit.

Given up on Jones tbh. I don't hate him but I have no faith in him anymore.

His injuries caught up with him, a defender of his style needs that physical element which has been slowly eroded away. Now he's constantly making rash challenges or getting turned easily.

Get 1v1 against Jones and he'll do something desperate because he no longer trusts his body to keep up.

Jones is the far better defender IMO, just far less reliable due to injuries. Jones was actually really good last season but high profile mistakes vs Spurs and Chelsea overshadowed that.

Jones is the far better defender IMO, just far less reliable due to injuries. Jones was actually really good last season but high profile mistakes vs Spurs and Chelsea overshadowed that.
I agree that Jones is better, though Smalling is underrated on here, Rojo should be the first defender to go, then Jones simply due to him being too injury prone.

I agree that Jones is better, though Smalling is underrated on here, Rojo should be the first defender to go, then Jones simply due to him being too injury prone.

Agreed completely. Smalling is competent but clumsy, certainly a valuable squad player.

This is the Reddit ITKs vs Journos summer.The guy who said Moutinho is signing for Wolves a day before the media was onto it, still claims Mike is moving.

This is the Reddit ITKs vs Journos summer.The guy who said Moutinho is signing for Wolves a day before the media was onto it, still claims Mike is moving.

Yep - sad state of affairs as neither group has a clue - just like the good old days we’ll have to wait and see.

*I’ll still be clinging desperately to this thread for updates as usual

Don't know how reliable this is, but DiMarzio is reporting that Luka Modric is open for a move to Inter.

Google Translate:

@ Inter has initiated contacts for @ lukamodric10: it seems impossible, in reality the player has opened and the agents are working on it. A glimpse, in the great dream. All about @SkySport now #calciomercato with @LucaMarchetti

Twitter link in Italian

Eriksen isn’t anywhere near the same type of player as Modric, and he will never been half the player Modric is. Eriksen makes the attack tick when he is given time on the ball, he is completely useless when he isn’t. Modric controls every game he plays, huge difference, and that’s why he has won like fifteen Champions Leagues.

Agree 100%

Think inter will have a great team if Modric joins... Nainggolan, Vidal, Modric is a great midfield with a lot of personality. Icardi and Lautaro upfront and a solid defense axis with Skriniar and Miranda. Inter is weak on the wings - but otherwise pretty strong axis.

Just because he is slightly better than jones doesn’t mean he isn’t crap. Just means he is less crap. I hate seeing him on team sheet because I just know at least 10 times in a game he will pass the ball five yards behind a target and slow down a counter attack
Like I said his footballing ability isn't amazing but his heading is top drawer I can't think of many better defenders in the air than him. He blocks masses of shots as well, obviously he makes mistakes but so does Sergio Ramos, footballers aren't perfect but he's a solid defender.

I wanna keep both Jones and Smalling - Rojo can go, I have no problems with that.

Monaco refused to sell like with Lemar, apparently Atletico wanted both.
That could well be true, I would've taken him if we didn't sign Matic last summer. However with Jorge mendes as his and Mourinho's agent there must have genuinely been no interest from us.

So the only source of the Smalling to Wolves bit is the Reddit poster Whisky right? He wasn't actually the first to call the Moutinho to Wolves deal.
Nikolas Alek, who's also called the Patricio deal going so far as to get even the exact time of his arrival right called the Moutinho deal or heavily hinted at it a day before Whisky made his post.

@NikolasAlek July 22
Big news Wolves fans. Monday you will have a very, very nice surprise. He's asked me not to say the name but he's a Portuguese international and he's one or Rui's best friends. The Wolves project is taking shape.

@NikolasAlek July 22
Ok now it's already been guessed by a few of you. I'll leave it at that. Enjoy Monday and we can talk again after it's announced.

@NikolasAlek July 23
Lads, this is frustrating for me too! I’ve warmed up to the Wolves fan base after you lot started treating me nicely but I can’t just out the guy directly when Rui said nobody knows yet! (as of yesterday) Having said that, he sure can pick a pass! (that was the last teaser)

@NikolasAlek July 23
So by now everyone knows. It's João Moutinho. They've been friends since the Sporting academy years. Once again I'm stepping away from Wolves Twitter. I milked this one a tad bit too much. Disrespectful to Rui. You've all been top class though, I'll be supporting Wolves.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nikolasalek?lang=en

This guy's supposedly friends with Rui Patricio and hence new all the insider info on Moutinho and Patricio. The Reddit poster made his post a day after. Everybody assuming his credibility on that one call needs to chill.

Completely agree, he's far better than Jones and Rojo.
Yeah, Bailly is a talent but more process to losing his head I think, plus being injured last year didn't help. Smalling is the most consistent of the lot. I'd hate if we lost him ahead of Rojo or Jones. I think Rojo should be first out the door. Big year for Lindelöf too, needs to impress.

Reddit: Let's track the stories of hundreds of journalists and rank them into tiers according to their proven standards of reliability.

Also Reddit: This anonymous poster got something right once... must be ITK!

Status
Not open for further replies.