Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's not world class but surely better than Wolves level. After all, as I said, he has been United main CB for 4 years or so now.
And we’ve been utterly shit. He’s so overrated it’s unbeliveable.
Literally no other top tier club in world football would have him.

If a deal is already agreed for Maguire or Alderweireld then this could make sense. Especially as the Mendes link to Wolves is so strong. It would leave us with Bailly, Lindelof, Jones and Harry/Toby as our CB options (plus Axel and Tofu). Probably the best set we could hope for for the coming season. Smalling is a solid defender, and isn't as injury prone as the others, but he looks like a drunken Bambi on ice whenever he gets the ball. I've never seen someone have to turn their entire body around the ball to make a sideways pass before. Not even at amateur level.

Rojo is definitely surplus to requirements. He's fecking rubbish. But I'd only sell Smalling if he's replaced by Harry or Toby. Definitely not if his replacement is Yerry fecking Mina. As for the whole Jones vs Smalling debate. Jones is clearly the better player by a considerable distance, but has a horrific injury record. I'd rather keep Jones, as long as we aren't relying on him to be a starter. He's good enough, just not reliable enough. Smalling on the other hand, really isn't good enough to be a starter for Manchester United. He's squad filler.

Hopefully we are not stupid enough to sell our best centre back.

Tend to agree. Yeah, he's not the best passer, but I feel he's the most dependable CB we have. The rest are either too rash, get caught out a bit, or are lacking the defensive nous that Mike brings. Unless we bring in Alderweireld, I can't see Jose sanctioning this move.

And we’ve been utterly shit. He’s so overrated it’s unbeliveable.
Literally no other top tier club in world football would have him.

We have been shite but from Smalling's own perspective he has been Manchester United main CB for 4 years so hard to accept the step down again from his own perspective.

We must have a almost done otherwise we are going to get fleeced by the selling club as they would know that we are loaded and desperate

We have been shite but from Smalling's own perspective he has been Manchester United main CB for 4 years so hard to accept the step down again from his own perspective.
Or bench and / or being frozen. It’s how footy works!
Memphis was our AML then got shipped out, Chicarito, Rafael...the list goes on.

Will Smalling be satisfied with a midtable finish after playing for one of the top teams in the country ?
So players would never ever move down from a tier 1 team? So so many players that aren’t good enough have done so!

Or bench and / or being frozen. It’s how footy works!
Memphis was our AML then got shipped out, Chicarito, Rafael...the list goes on.

Smalling was a main player for 4 years though not just few months and was highly rated by both LVG and Mourinho. Different from Depay case surely, and Chica was always a bench player for us.

I'm just talking from Smalling's own perspective.

Bailly and the new signing will be our CB’s.

That does not fill me, personally with any confidence at all.

I’d rather smalling and Jones start our first game than Bailly and a new signing. Bailly is erratic and hasn’t shown himself to be anything resulting calmness personified and a new signing will take months to bed in. Bailly still needs to bed in and he hasn’t a partner which he will do that with right now.

We really need to keep hold of Smalling - either of Anderweireld or Maguire would improve us loads, just please keep Smalling and not the other jokers in our defence

Sell the only CB that actually wins headers in our own box? Brilliant idea. I'd much much rather see Jones piss off.

Smalling was a main player for 4 years though not just few months and was highly rated by both LVG and Mourinho. Different from Depay case surely, and Chica was always a bench player for us.

I'm just talking from Smalling's own perspective.
Even RVN had to leave. Cole too.
Sure, you CAN hang around, reject every move, get hated on by the club and fans. Basically become a winston bogarde.

Well it looks like we’re replacing one of them this summer. We’d have Bailly, Lindelof, new signing, Jones and youth players who could step in.

More than enough and all players who can actually pass the ball, with Jones being the exception.
I'd love to be able to rely on Bailly but you can't due to injury, nor Jones. Left with Lindelof and probably Mina are they good enough? Neither are currently as good as Smalling who is good in the air, fast, strong and a good defender in general he is just terrible with ball at his feet.

At the beginning of the year I'd love to bin off Jones Smalling and Rojo if we had top replacements but our transfer strategy has put us in a hole.

Would love to know why Jose wants to let go of our most reliable defender. The fact he thinks the CB position needs strengthening over other areas of the team like fullbacks is ridiculous.

Even RVN had to leave. Cole too.
Sure, you CAN hang around, reject every move, get hated on by the club and fans. Basically become a winston bogarde.

But RVN left to Madrid, not to a no name. Surely at a certain point each player will have to step down but usually for main players in big teams it's when they're washed up. Smalling is still 28 and has been highly rated by all our managers.

I don't think he's world class as I said, but definitely still a tier above Wolves at this stage imo.

Will he have a choice??

Actually don't believe Mourinho himself will be willing to let him leave considering how he was reliant on him so much last season.

But RVN left to Madrid, not to a no name. Surely at a certain point each player will have to step down but usually for main players in big teams it's when they're washed up. Smalling is still 28 and has been highly rated by all our managers.

I don't think he's world class as I said, but definitely still a tier above Wolves at this stage imo.

Actually don't believe Mourinho himself will be willing to let him leave considering how he was reliant on him so much last season.
If not Wolves, what sort tier of club then? Give me names.

We hardly ever sell our best players, so I doubt we'd sell Smalling. Pipe dream for Wolves.

Smalling is smart and knows that he's not fan favorite. I think the move makes sense for him as he already been part of a big club and won premier league medal. He will move to club where he's appreciated.

Probably this explains why he was suddenly out of playing 11. Sure to go and hence mou pulled him out of starting 11 ?
That would make sense. No point risking his transfer by a potential injury. Also makes you wonder if we came to an agreement for a CB in the last few days with news coming out that Rojo & Smalling are off. Jose seems certain we will sign somebody too so hopefully some news of that soon

Everything makes sense now.
>Tell Mina to wait
>Sell Rojo to Everton because they can't buy the colombian
>Sell Smalling because he's shit
>You already have enough money to buy a top tier CB.
>Mina goes somewhere else.

Based Jose.

I bloody hope we don't sell Smalling and replace him by Yerry Mina

Wouldn’t make sense to throw Smalling out and replace him with a similar player. We need upgrades

Sell all the defenders!

Shaw to Wolfsburg, Smalling to Wolves, Rojo to Everton, Darmian to Juve.

Who else can we feck off?

Didn't Smalling just give an interview to MUTV saying, "I have the shirt now, and I'm not giving it up for anyone!", must be pretty fooked off if he gets sold to fecking Wolves three days later.

Looking forward to buying tweets. In reality, tweets about 1/3rd of our defenders being inquired by other clubs...

Ffs, hope he’s unreliable:

Sun journalist but it doesn't bode well for those that want Smalling sold. Didn't think it made a lot of sense (much like the Mina rumour.) Every day is going to have something like this until the window SLAMS SHUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.