Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good news is we should get at least 50m for Smalling with the current prices. That might be enough to go for a world class player in defence or elsewhere.

Smalling's contract expires next summer so better off get rid now if we have no plans to extend it

Agree fully with this, I'm reserving judgement personally, and how anyone can be so certain he isn't what we need is confusing as hell. You can be not good enough to play out from the back for Barce and still great at it for a different team who plays in a completely different way.

Remember, this is the same caf that was spitting of the prospect of signing Mane 3 years ago, Perisic last year and so on ... this is the same caf that wanted Pedro and had a meltdown when he went to Chelsea, the same caf that wanted Morata and was shitting on Lukaku last year.

So yeah, i think we can safely say that our scouts would have better judgment than the caf on a player that someone your regular Joe in here knew only during this world cup.

We'll see at the end of the year how this year's signings will perform, anything before that would be too early, especially before even signing them ...

Would be very disappointed if Smalling is the centre back we're replacing.

Bigtime. I dont even rate the guy too highly but he's significantly better than Rojo, Jones and Lindelöf and probably Bailly. So what exactly would be improving? We need a CB to be our main man while Smalling / Bailly and 1 x other compete to be the first choice partner for the guy.

The good news is we should get at least 50m for Smalling with the current prices. That might be enough to go for a world class player in defence or elsewhere.
The problem with this is that Wolves probably won't want to spend that much on a player. It's fine when you've got Madrid and Barcelona sniffing around but you really have to squeeze every last drop out of the smaller clubs.

Bigtime. I dont even rate the guy too highly but he's significantly better than Rojo, Jones and Lindelöf and probably Bailly. So what exactly would be improving? We need a CB to be our main man while Smalling / Bailly and 1 x other compete to be the first choice partner for the guy.
Agree. Getting rid of our best centre back to bring someone else in doesn't seem right to me.

Not unless the replacement is deamed as better and smalling wants to leave as he is not prepared to play second fiddle as opposed to those remaining.
Is Maguire better? Alderweireld is, but he would seem like a good partner to Smalling.

Hard to believe we're going to sell Smalling when he was our most reliable defender last season and played 90% of the matches. It's not going to happen.

I don't know what is happening behind the scenes, but selling 2 of our top 4 CBs in one go is not a very intelligent move IMO, especially selling Smalling who, despite his defects is a very good PL defender, is reliable and mostly fit. Also he's our most experienced CB along with Rojo.

What we will have left is Lindelof, who imo is not good enough, yet ; Bailly and Jones - injury prone.If we are planning on buying Mina and Maguire, it wont a big improvement on Smalling and Rojo, not to mention, there will be a severe lack of experience among our CBs. Neither Maguire nor Mina has played in the CL. Our most experienced defender will be Jones, who can't stay fit

I don't think such a big change in CBs days before the start of the season is going to help us,especially if we are planning on playing one of the new CBs with a CB we have now. The lack of understanding between our CBs could be a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.