Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the rumours are true and Pulisic is available for around £60 million I don't understand why we don't get him and be done with it.

We're linked with Rebic Willain Perisic, all known for their work rate.Obvious answer is Pulisic is not Mourinho's player.
With Jose in charge I don't see us go after any young attacker, last time he had that kind of signing (age under 23) were Salah, Schurrler I think... You could count Pogba, Lukaku(23-24 when they joined us) as well but they've always been pretty much proven stars.

Im not sure about Fabinho you know. He has a great youtube highlight reel (playing in Ligue 1) but its strange that during the Monaco exodus last season, he wasn't one of those to depart. I haven't seen much of him but the way Liverpool were able to stroll in and sign him is perhaps tells a story? I could be wrong.

As a B-side, how much have Monaco made from player transfer sales in the last 12 months? Must be about £400m.

Edit: Its just short of £500m including bonuses, absolute madness.

Monaco refused to sell like with Lemar, apparently Atletico wanted both.

1. Inaki Williams - He has release clause of 108 million € and Bilbao are never going to sell for anything less than his clause. I don't really know him, so I can't judge him.
2. Ousmane Dembele - I would think he's unavailable.
3. Leon Bailey - decent option.
4. Carlos Soler - Is he really a right winger?
5. Julian Brandt - More of a left winger, but could be an option. I did a quick search, and he's only played about 50 games in his entire career on the right side though.

Bailey was a bit of a character in Belgium, with a bad entourage. Might have matured. Would be my preferred option I guess.
Bailey the decent option with a contract until 2022 and being not for sale..he would most likely cost around 100m€ too.

Brandt has also just extended and wont go anywhere this summer.

Why?

Mourinho/Woodward didn't want to leave the transfer dealings to Ribalta so now he's a traitor?!

Zenit probably granted him more autonomy which attracted him to the job...

Nothing to do with it. He had nothing to do with transfer dealings. He was a scout and that was his job to provide reports to our global scouting director who himself is not in charge of transfer dealings he just directs those below him and consults Jose/board.

The fact is he now has gone to a job which is more senior than his old job and he still won’t have the final say on who zenith buy.

If I see one more comment about autonomy or how Woodward didn’t want to give him any “power” I will will go mental.

Newbies can't post links but feel free to continue being a dick to someone trying to contribute a tweet to the thread among the endless moaning about Mina and our transfer business.

Oh don’t be so precious, I’m only having a laugh. If we’re being pedantic about things maybe he shouldn’t have tried to circumvent the rules and asked a moderator or another member to post on their behalf.

Anyways I’m out, I’ve been avoiding this thread as it is, I didn’t realise tensions were actually high in here.

Nothing to do with it. He had nothing to do with transfer dealings. He was a scout and that was his job to provide reports to our global scouting director who himself is not in charge of transfer dealings he just directs those below him and consults Jose/board.

The fact is he now has gone to a job which is more senior than his old job and he still won’t have the final say on who zenith buy.

If I see one more comment about autonomy or how Woodward didn’t want to give him any “power” I will will go mental.

All the hysteria is because of a few shit stirring tweets from some no mark journalists, based on absolutely feck all substance.

I remember someone on here saying it must be true, why else would he want to move to Russia? He's going to live in St. Petersburg, not the middle of Siberia! It's not like Manchester is the French Riviera either, lets be honest.

Some guy on Reddit is saying that Smalling is on his way to Wolves. He called the Moutinho transfer eight days ago, so there's a good chance it's happening.

All the hysteria is because of a few shit stirring tweets from some no mark journalists, based on absolutely feck all substance.

I remember someone on here saying it must be true, why else would he want to move to Russia? He's going to live in St. Petersburg, not the middle of Siberia! It's not like Manchester is the French Riviera either, lets be honest.

It’s like no one ever moved country for a massive promotion to a leadership position for a feck tonne of money.

I hope we don’t sell Smalling. I think he’s a quality defender and pops up with some important goals.

Much rather we get rid of Jones and Rojo really.

Some guy on Reddit is saying that Smalling is on his way to Wolves. He called the Moutinho transfer eight days ago, so there's a good chance it's happening.

what was the reason smalling was suddenly out of line up against liverpool? would be happy to see him go, some of the bad build up is due to bad passes or lack of passes breaking lines by defence

Insane if Smalling goes before Rojo, Jones and Darmian.

Find this really hard to believe (although the poster has good sources and called the Moutinho transfer...), if Rojo is touted at 25/30m, surely we would be looking for 40/45m for Smalling?

It’s like no one ever moved country for a massive promotion to a leadership position for a feck tonne of money.
Rojo linked away, Smalling linked away yet the biggest waster at the club, Jones, still coasts along with shit performances for 8 years.

Madness and stupidity.

Edit: Meant to quote the Smalling to Wolves tweet!

Insane if Smalling goes before Rojo, Jones and Darmian.

Find this really hard to believe (although the poster has good sources and called the Moutinho transfer...), if Rojo is touted at 25/30m, surely we would be looking for 40/45m for Smalling?

They're all much-of-a-muchness, no? Not sure Mourinho is particularly wedded to any of Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Lindelof or Bailly.

No way we can get rid of Smalling and replace him with Yerry Mina if the links are true, imagine the meltdown here. How bad that would be. Mina, Bailey, Rojo, Jones, Lindelof. 3 of them are always injured.

Honestly can't see Smalling being sold, be shocked.

They're all much-of-a-muchness, no? Not sure Mourinho is particularly wedded to any of Rojo, Jones, Smalling, Lindelof or Bailly.
He should be wedded to Bailly or Lindelof, they're his signings. I think it's clear from last season that he rates Smalling higher than Rojo and Jones, rightly so imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.