Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he really need to make that comparison with Costa who had been told by Conte to f off? Strange tweet.

Imagine if our only other signing now is another centre back, fecking hell.

If you would have said back in June, "imagine if we don't sign two full backs".
That appears to be a sad reality. As much as I think we need a solid starting CB, we need better FB's first and a RW second.

If the rumours are true and Pulisic is available for around £60 million I don't understand why we don't get him and be done with it.

All the CB options seem overpriced too. I'd consider looking at someone like Alfie Mawson as an alternative to Mina - much cheaper alternative.

If the rumours are true and Pulisic is available for around £60 million I don't understand why we don't get him and be done with it.

All the CB options seem overpriced too. I'd consider looking at someone like Alfie Mawson as an alternative to Mina - much cheaper alternative.
Isn't Mawson in the process of having a medical at Fulham?

I think this guy has played about 5 games for Barca, last season.
Now, what he is, is very tall and we know that since Jose arrived, we have bought mostly tall players.
I do hope we don't get this guy. IMO, Rojo (who we may sell) is better than this guy.

You would think United were signing Per Mertesacker or some other woeful CB judging by the meltdown here.

You would think United were signing Per Mertesacker or some other woeful CB judging by the meltdown here.
Yeah, it's strange. He's not my first choice, but when you think Barca HAVE to sell him because they bought Malcom and Arthur - the fee will at least be reasonable. You can't say that about Maguire or Alderweireld

Gerard Romero is as reliable as they come for Barca, he categorically stated we don't want Mina.

It's crazy how folks on here want to believe everything negative.

Wonder what Castles’ game is then? Is Mina a Mendes client? Pushing it out there to try and get Everton etc to make a move.

I think this guy has played about 5 games for Barca, last season.
Now, what he is, is very tall and we know that since Jose arrived, we have bought mostly tall players.
I do hope we don't get this guy. IMO, Rojo (who we may sell) is better than this guy.

6 foot 4...that would help defend set pieces and get more from our set pieces! I don't recall his world cup goals, but I'm sure that height helps!

Mina would be pointless. Hopefully it's the usual press garbage because I'm not even sure he's even 1% (if at all) better than what we have. Better paying what Spurs want for Alderweireld really.

For feck's sake. Right, if this happens the club is a complete joke. Only signing based on the world cup. He's proven he's rubbish whenever he's been tested and he can't play from the back, which is our main fecking weakness. Incredibly stupid, but wouldn't be surprising given the exceptionally terrible planning in previous seasons. Yet again another signal that our scouts, board and analytical teams have literally no idea about football.

Please tell me how much you know about a player who has played a massive 6 games for Barcelona? And after that was fairly reliable/ scored 3 goals for Colombia at the world cup to make it 6 in 15 which is one hell of an asset in itself.

Or are you going to tell me you have in depth knowledge of the Brazilian leagues?

Please tell me how much you know about a player who has played a massive 6 games for Barcelona? And after that was fairly reliable/ scored 3 goals for Colombia at the world cup to make it 6 in 15 which is one hell of an asset in itself.

Or are you going to tell me you have in depth knowledge of the Brazilian leagues?
Think it is more that if our defence needs strengthening it isn't with yet another project. We need someone in there with experience, who can organise.

It's preparing for failure really. No RB or LB. No RW. All positions in desperate need of upgrading. It will come back to bite us during the season I'm sure.

Think it is more that if our defence needs strengthening it isn't with yet another project. We need someone in there with experience, who can organise.

We are organised though, if anything we are too organised at the back.
I'd say we need a ball player to play against the press but conceding from set plays is a much bigger problem for us at present imo.
Plus with Fred joining, I can see him take a lot of that passing responsibility away from the centre backs

Exactly. As I said before, nothing against Mina. He might be a great player in five years when he hits 28. But right now he's not even as good as our current players. So how is he going to help us compete with the Champions League and the Premier League this season? This is the type of player we should be aiming for, not another squad player on big wages we'll need to sell in two years.

a goal scoring CB

that is Mourinho's grand plan then?
IF it happens it’s clear the brief is find him another John terry who can aggressively win the ball in the air

A lot of panick in this thread, but he’s played like 4 games in Europe so I doubt most people here could really make a proper observation on him based on the WC. You can be sure that United were aware of him from his time in Brazil

https://www.barcablaugranes.com/fc-...-transfer-review-keep-loan-or-sell-yerry-mina

Reading this, which doesn't exactly say a lot, I can see your point. Potentially quite a raw talent, which arguably we either don't need another of, or needs to be in addition to a more developed defender.

Something like Mina and Maguire in for Jones and Rojo out might be a reasonable bit of transfer activity.

Mina could be a big threat from the bench, or against compact defences, or even simply as another big body to defend a lead which Jose would love.

As part of a 3 he could use his more flamboyant skills to pull the ball out of defence.

I can see why Barcelona would have wanted him, but I think he might be better suited to some of our games. He might not be your Champions League/ top 6 defender, unless playing a back 3, but against teams parking the bus he'd be perfect

IF it happens it’s clear the brief is find him another John terry who can aggressively win the ball in the air

A lot of panick in this thread, but he’s played like 4 games in Europe so I doubt most people here could really make a proper observation on him based on the WC. You can be sure that United were aware of him from his time in Brazil

Agree fully with this, I'm reserving judgement personally, and how anyone can be so certain he isn't what we need is confusing as hell. You can be not good enough to play out from the back for Barce and still great at it for a different team who plays in a completely different way.

Could have thought the same thing when he signed Poopa Djilibodji or whatever the feck he was called for you. Signing some random no name with no pedigree before saying, "ah well, its Jose, he knows what a good defender looks like", many of the defenders Jose has signed in the past would tell you he's very hit and miss with CB's.

Personally more concerned about not addressing the obvious weak spots but i can't talk about the panic posts.

Could have thought the same thing when he signed Poopa Djilibodji or whatever the feck he was called for you. Signing some random no name with no pedigree before saying, "ah well, its Jose, he knows what a good defender looks like", many of the defenders Jose has signed in the past would tell you he's very hit and miss with CB's.
Who is this he? Mourinho? Conte was not loud enough making the point, wasn't he?

Apparently so, a bargain at £20 million. No idea why we're so keen on spunking upwards fo £60 million on a position where we already have cover.

I think mawson is this year's Maguire.both good in the air and on the ball and progressively step up a level each time.
Would have preferred this sort of signing to a lindelof

Im not sure about Fabinho you know. He has a great youtube highlight reel (playing in Ligue 1) but its strange that during the Monaco exodus last season, he wasn't one of those to depart. I haven't seen much of him but the way Liverpool were able to stroll in and sign him is perhaps tells a story? I could be wrong.

As a B-side, how much have Monaco made from player transfer sales in the last 12 months? Must be about £400m.

Edit: Its just short of £500m including bonuses, absolute madness.

And how the heck does he know it was done in a few hours?

If the media have been briefed about the Mina interest (I doubt it very much!) then I can only a assume its to put pressure on our main targets, surely no one at Utd, not least Jose, thinks Mina has what is required to upgrade on what we have.

If this deal happens then we have truly lost the plot and practically throwing money away!

If the media have been briefed about the Mina interest (I doubt it very much!) then I can only a assume its to put pressure on our main targets, surely no one at Utd, not least Jose, thinks Mina has what is required to upgrade on what we have.

If this deal happens then we have truly lost the plot and practically throwing money away!

I'm with you. Can only assume his agent is trying to get other clubs to hurry or United are telling other targets they have options. Nothing about Mina to United would make sense. The fee would be too expensive for another squad player and he isn't good enough yet to start for a club like United.

Of course not, he left because he told the united bosses that they should buy some unknown jem but they told him "No, we are gonna buy those two players who did well in the world cup". the fact that he left to get a sporting director role at Zenith is just a consequence of that \s ... :wenger:

Where did you get this from?

Mina seems like a pointless signing. Now I have only seen him at the WC so not an expert on him but don't see what he offers really. He's tall and dominant in the air and not much else. As far as I can tell he's just a younger, slower, and less experienced Smalling. I don't him as an upgrade on any of our defenders. I genuinely don't see the logic behind this move which is why I'm almost certain it's paper BS/his agent drumming up interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.