Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get. It's not hard to find a natural winger to replace Mata/Lingard, yet our RW hasn't been addressed.

It's not that easy imo. Name a few consistent right wingers that would improve us immediately and that are available? Mahrez would have been an obvious answer, but I think he had an agreement with City for a very long time.

Bale or Willian will cost tons of money or/and are not available. Malcolm would have been a huge gamble, as Pulisic or any other youngster would be.

This seems like Ed has had a talk with JM and told him to sit down. Just today we saw Ed had briefed the likes of Jamie Jackson and Simon Stone that there is no issue and now Jose says this. It's clear he's been told that the board employ him, not him the board

I feel like every day I wake up and think ok this has surely got to be the day we actually make a solid movement in the market and something actually happens.

But nope.

It's not that easy imo. Name a few consistent right wingers that would improve us immediately and that are available? Mahrez would have been an obvious answer, but I think he had an agreement with City for a very long time.

Bale or Willian will cost tons of money or/and are not available. Malcolm would have been a huge gamble, as Pulisic or any other youngster would be.

1. Inaki Williams
2. Ousmane Dembele
3. Leon Bailey
4. Carlos Soler
5. Julian Brandt

Any of these players, regardless of their young age, would be better than Juan Mata on the right wing. And they have the potential to be a starter for the club for 10 years. The first three would cost 60m+ but represent long-term value.

This is where I have been for a while mate. I am desperate for a RW player but no one is available unless you want to pay Bale money who does not want to come in any case. The only other alternatives are large gambles for huge money.

Iñaki needs another year or two at Athletic and Soler is as much a winger as Pereira, he's much better suited to centre midfield.

Flaming Norah!:(

For feck's sake. Right, if this happens the club is a complete joke. Only signing based on the world cup. He's proven he's rubbish whenever he's been tested and he can't play from the back, which is our main fecking weakness. Incredibly stupid, but wouldn't be surprising given the exceptionally terrible planning in previous seasons. Yet again another signal that our scouts, board and analytical teams have literally no idea about football.

1. Inaki Williams
2. Ousmane Dembele
3. Leon Bailey
4. Carlos Soler
5. Julian Brandt

Any of these players, regardless of their young age, would be better than Juan Mata on the right wing. And they have the potential to be a starter for the club for 10 years. The first three would cost 60m+ but represent long-term value.

1. Inaki Williams - He has release clause of 108 million € and Bilbao are never going to sell for anything less than his clause. I don't really know him, so I can't judge him.
2. Ousmane Dembele - I would think he's unavailable.
3. Leon Bailey - decent option.
4. Carlos Soler - Is he really a right winger?
5. Julian Brandt - More of a left winger, but could be an option. I did a quick search, and he's only played about 50 games in his entire career on the right side though.

Bailey was a bit of a character in Belgium, with a bad entourage. Might have matured. Would be my preferred option I guess.

Gerard Romero is as reliable as they come for Barca, he categorically stated we don't want Mina.

It's crazy how folks on here want to believe everything negative.

1. Inaki Williams - He has release clause of 108 million € and Bilbao are never going to sell for anything less than his clause. I don't really know him, so I can't judge him.
2. Ousmane Dembele - I would think he's unavailable.
3. Leon Bailey - decent option.
4. Carlos Soler - Is he really a right winger?
5. Julian Brandt - More of a left winger, but could be an option. I did a quick search, and he's only played about 50 games in his entire career on the right side though.

Bailey was a bit of a character in Belgium, with a bad entourage. Might have matured. Would be my preferred option I guess.

fekir? :nervous:

Maguire and Toby available, but Yerry fecking Mina calms the storm?

Available? Most players are available of the price is right for the selling club. But these two clubs are asking ridiculous money. Glad we are not bending over for Levy.

Sometimes I really feel like I'm just gonna start tweeting a bunch of footie related bs. It seems so easy.

I did it once in 2012. Got a load of followers and then trolled all the Liverpool fans. I was trending in Liverpool and the UK :lol:

Why do we so desperately keep wanting centre backs each summer under Mourinho when problem is elsewhere clearly?

Mou must have been warned to behave.

I doubt it. In the very first instance of him talking about more signings he literally said it’s not a big deal as part of the Now much quoted sentences. People just keep ignoring it time and time again

I don't get. It's not hard to find a natural winger to replace Mata/Lingard, yet our RW hasn't been addressed.
Yes, it is truly terrible from the managers and the club. I don't know how it is possible to not sign a quality player to a position that has been in need of an serious upgrade since Nani left. Which has been, oh wait 4 years?

If we only get a CB that is just ridiculous, splash the cash on RW. We can manage with the CB we have.

Afraid it just shows how far our optimism has been eroded.

Nah, the media is ABU and has been like that for ages. We just need to win the PL to put them back where they belong.

The media and way too many spoiled fans that just want to moan & moan, as if by doing that they show they know more than our manager.

@Damien: We should have a “Certified Master Moaner” tag for more than a few people.

Why do we so desperately keep wanting centre backs each summer under Mourinho when problem is elsewhere clearly?

Probably because the centre-backs we have have a terrible injury history, and Mourihno is not a fan of rotating the spine of a team. He likes his starters, and that they are reliable.

Well, as much i want that rw i understand situation. Jose does not want any rw. He wants instant quality. Which is ( for him) willian or bale i presume. But we can't get any of them or we must pay ridiculous fee which ed does not want to pay. Tricky situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.