Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marca said they haven't made any bid. Looks like Chelsea are just setting the price here.
Barca sources also rejected bidding more than 50m euros, so I can definitely see this being Chelsea trying to up the bid if we were to get involved.

I don't know why Chelsea are looking too offload Willian, it seems to me he would suit Sarri 's style of play, unless they want to raid Napoli for Callejon.
I'm pretty sure Napoli would accept a silly offer for Callejon,maybe that's why they are asking for silly money for Willian ?

Would be great but I just don't see it to be honest, I've heard rumours of Chelsea wanting a £10m loan fee which there is no way we'll pay.

From what I've heard Michail Antonio is more likely so if him and Meyer come off I would expect something like an Antonio Milivojevic Meyer Townsend midfield with Zaha and Benteke up top.

I think you need another CB to partner Sakho and another FB so you can get rid of Ward etc - have been linked to any?

I don't know why Chelsea are looking too offload Willian, it seems to me he would suit Sarri 's style of play, unless they want to raid Napoli for Callejon.
I'm pretty sure Napoli would accept a silly offer for Callejon,maybe that's why they are asking for silly money for Willian ?
I think this is all media bollocks. The club & Sarri both seem keen to keep Willian.

As for Callejon, the Napoli president De Laurentiis confirmed yesterday what many suspected. Chelsea signed a "non-belligerent clause" where we agreed not to pursue any other Napoli players.

I think when LFC bought Fabinho, it was done very quickly, in a few hours.
It proves that it doesn't take months/weeks/days to "prepare a bid".
As you said, if you have the money, tell the seller that this is what we can offer and then begin negotiations.
They'd been working on the deal for weeks. But yeah deals don't take long unless there are special conditions. It's the negotiations that take up the time. Paying what the seller wants wraps it up quickly.

I think you need another CB to partner Sakho and another FB so you can get rid of Ward etc - have been linked to any?

A back-up centre back will do I think but we've not really been linked with one. Sakho and Tomkins have played 15 league games together and we've won 10 and drawn 5 in those so they have the basis of a really good partnership...about as good as we'll get without a big outlay anyway. I actually think Tomkins is a more consistent player than Sakho to be honest, definitely got less mistakes in him and scores a few goals as well. Back-up is a bit ropey with Martin Kelly but he's solid enough and we've also got Scott Dann coming back from injury soon which will be a boost.

I think we're also set for full-backs to be honest, expect Aaron Wan-Bissaka to edge out Ward as the season goes on and nail down the RB slot this year, Van Aanholt is also about as good as we can expect down the left. The focus has rightly been on midfield with Cabaye and RLC going but hopefully that's about to be addressed. :)

A back-up centre back will do I think but we've not really been linked with one. Sakho and Tomkins have played 15 league games together and we've won 10 and drawn 5 in those so they have the basis of a really good partnership...about as good as we'll get without a big outlay anyway. I actually think Tomkins is a more consistent player than Sakho to be honest, definitely got less mistakes in him and scores a few goals as well. Back-up is a bit ropey with Martin Kelly but he's solid enough and we've also got Scott Dann coming back from injury soon which will be a boost.

I think we're also set for full-backs to be honest, expect Aaron Wan-Bissaka to edge out Ward as the season goes on and nail down the RB slot this year, Van Aanholt is also about as good as we can expect down the left. The focus has rightly been on midfield with Cabaye and RLC going but hopefully that's about to be addressed. :)

Fair enough - the likes of Ward, Dann and Kelly make me anxious whenever ive seen them play. But it sounds like they'll be eased out of starting 11 soon enough. What's happened with Wickham? I feel like he's been injured since the beginning of time.

Well if the CB we are buying turns out to be a class addition, someone who can elevate our defense to the next level, then in 2019 we would probably need to buy only a LB & RW as first team players.
So I guess that's something positive

Sounds like he's finally had his snickers bar.

Lukaku might be back on the training ground?

media_xl_3835806.jpg

Don't believe him one bit. He will still mention that as an excuse when wheels inevitably start to come off come November.

Don't believe him one bit. He will still mention that as an excuse when wheels inevitably start to come off come November.

Let’s fire him now then? You seem to have great knowledge of what’s going to happen this season. Where will we finish?

So it's really Maguire and that's it. God help us then.
This. Don’t see us challenging for the title anyway, that would be extreme wishful thinking. Top 4 hopefully? At least he sounds fairly confident we’ll land one more at least, probably Maguire/Alderweireld.

This. Don’t see us challenging for the title anyway, that would be extreme wishful thinking. Top 4 hopefully? At least he sounds fairly confident we’ll land one more at least, probably Maguire/Alderweireld.

Yes. It will be a centre back for sure going by sound bytes on twitter etc. Meanwhile arguably our biggest problem position (right wing) remains unaddressed yet again. Criminal...

So there's no drama. What will we do!?!?!
They will start another thread "Why is José so afraid" or "Why José doesn't High Press". Even better "Why José signed a inexperienced fullback we never heard off when we are a club who gives Youth a chance". :devil:

Let’s fire him now then? You seem to have great knowledge of what’s going to happen this season. Where will we finish?
Ban has been doing this "I'm ironically being dramatic about everything" routine for a few months now. I get the sentiment and tt's really fun in the sense that it was for the first five times he did it, but now it's just becoming increasingly boring.

They will start another thread "Why is José so afraid" or "Why José doesn't High Press". Even better "Why José signed a inexperienced fullback we never heard off when we are a club who gives Youth a chance". :devil:
:lol:

"Where's the old Jose?"
"Why is José afraid of the board?"​

Ban has been doing this "I'm ironically being dramatic about everything" routine for a few months now. I get the sentiment and tt's really fun in the sense that it was for the first five times he did it, but now it's just becoming increasingly boring.
I do it once every 3,4 months, I'm sad you don't like it.

Yes. It will be a centre back for sure going by sound bytes on twitter etc. Meanwhile arguably our biggest problem position (right wing) remains unaddressed yet again. Criminal...
Yup. It is by far our weakest position along with left back. Centre back shouldn’t be prioritised this window but anyway.

I don't get. It's not hard to find a natural winger to replace Mata/Lingard, yet our RW hasn't been addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.