Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why shouldn't they be provided with a chance and some encouragement from their Manager?
I didn't said they shouldn't. But the only one who has quality to be a relevant squad player is Pereira. The other 2 certainly aren't. At least today.

Whoever sanction that EPL's transfers deadline this year need a headshot from close range in public. Stupid. Dont serve any purpose at all.
Arsenal, Bournemouth, Brighton, Chelsea, Everton, Huddersfield Town, Leicester City, Liverpool, Newcastle United, Southampton, Stoke City, Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham United all voted for it.

The clubs voted for it (or at least most of them did).

United didn't and apparently Poch didn't want it, and Spurs voted without him being in the loop. You can understand why. There's like 3/4 weeks after the end of the world cup which is ridiculous especially when most players go on holiday then.

United didn't and apparently Poch didn't want it, and Spurs voted without him being in the loop. You can understand why. There's like 3/4 weeks after the end of the world cup which is ridiculous especially when most players go on holiday then.

I agree, I thought it was stupid at the time and it's worse than I imagined. We also haven't seen the full scope of this cock-up yet - just wait until Real/Barca/PSG/Juve start unsettling players at EPL clubs after our window is shut but theirs are still open...

Last edited:
It's not a tweet but it's on record online.

Joel Pereira on loan to Vitória de Setúbal

http://www.record.pt/futebol/futebo...l/detalhe/mourinho-empresta-joel-pereira.html

Goalkeeper Joel Pereira will represent V. Setúbal until the end of the season on loan from Manchester United. Record found that the agreement between the clubs was closed last night and the player is expected tomorrow at Bonfim to sign and start working on the squad led by Lito Vidigal.

According to information gathered by our newspaper, it was Jose Mourinho himself to indicate the name of the goalkeeper, aged 22, to the sadinos. The Man. United coach is from Setubal and has never hidden his passion for the hometown club, so he helped put the Under-21 international in Bonfim.

With contract valid until June 2012 with the English, Joel Pereira will fulfill the second period of giving to a Portuguese club after passing through the Belenenses in 2016/17 (made ten games). In Setúbal will fight for the ownership with Cristiano and Milton Raphael, and Miguel Lázaro has to transit to the sub-23 team of the sadinos."

Last edited:
If PL clubs choose to do transfer business (by selling players) after the 9th August, it will make a mockery of the ‘early’ closure of transfer window they voted for!

This only serves to strengthen the European clubs inflating their player prices waiting for the PL transfer window to close before doing their own business.

Whoever sanction that EPL's transfers deadline this year need a headshot from close range in public. Stupid. Dont serve any purpose at all.

What difference does it make? There is plenty of time, this just forces clubs to stop spending so much time posturing and more time negotiating.

Take into account negotiations can be started at any point. It's not necessary to wait till last minute and if clubs are goings to wait till last minute you could have a 1 month or 11 month window, but still the clubs will wait till the end.

So shooting someone over this concept is a bit conceptually extreme!

On the one hand I'm glad the window closes early. I just can't stand the constant speculative rumours, tweets, 'ITKs' and all the feckwittery that comes with the transfer season, find it stupid and childish.

On the other hand, it doesn't leave us much time to buy someone :lol:

If PL clubs choose to do transfer business (by selling players) after the 9th August, it will make a mockery of the ‘early’ closure of transfer window they voted for!

This only serves to strengthen the European clubs inflating their player prices waiting for the PL transfer window to close before doing their own business.

Most PL clubs will only sell if it makes sense and/ or they can negotiate a loan.

Ironically the loan system makes a mockery of the window anyway. Instead of I'll pay you £80m now, it'll be I'll pay you £79m now and £1m as an option to buy at the end of the season. The cost of the loan will mean that for all intents and purposes the player is transferred.

The English clubs closing the window early could apply both ways in and out. They can outright refuse any offers as they arrive and issue hands off warnings for all the players that want to be there. Also if the player is unsettled by one of these teams coming in then it’s clear his heart isn’t at United and shouldn’t be there anyway.

On the one hand I'm glad the window closes early. I just can't stand the constant speculative rumours, tweets, 'ITKs' and all the feckwittery that comes with the transfer season, find it stupid and childish.

On the other hand, it doesn't leave us much time to buy someone :lol:

We'll still have all of that speculation, only it will be with regards to sales - expect endless stories about Pogba wanting away and Juve/PSG/Barca/whoever "preparing a bid", right the way up until September.

Good point about Pereira playing on the right. But from what I have seen, Jose seems to be preparing to set up the team without traditional wing play. Maybe because he knows he won't be getting a natural right winger and even our players on the left are not natural left wingers.
Seems more and more likely we'll play 3-5-2 more often this season, which can be good if if we actually get a ball playing CB. If we do play 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 I would love to see Pereira on the right. He is right footed as well, so would be going out wide.

Still a bit of time left in the window, so hopefully something will happen.

Arsenal, Bournemouth, Brighton, Chelsea, Everton, Huddersfield Town, Leicester City, Liverpool, Newcastle United, Southampton, Stoke City, Tottenham Hotspur, West Bromwich Albion, West Ham United all voted for it.
Welp, they're all dead. Top 4 guaranteed.

There is no fibre of my body that believes we are negotiating or even tracking Mina. Whilst we are familiar with the flaws of the UK press, our European counterparts are not too far behind in ‘promoting’ Utd interest to accelerate transfer dealings. This story is yet another example, ignore and move on!

Mourinho saying he is fine by only one more signing means we aren't signing any RW. Rojo goes and we have another CB as the last signing.

Just another gripe I have with these transfer stories. When it says "preparing a bid", what the feck does that actually mean?? If you want a player and have the money, just bid for him??

I hate transfer season!

I think when LFC bought Fabinho, it was done very quickly, in a few hours.
It proves that it doesn't take months/weeks/days to "prepare a bid".
As you said, if you have the money, tell the seller that this is what we can offer and then begin negotiations.

Best signing Milan have made in a long time. Think they'll be top 4.

Our scouting team :lol:

No mention of Mina and Maguire pre-World Cup. Both happen to have good World Cup's. Both are apparently our top two CB targets.

What's the point of defensive scouts if our top targets are identified in the same manner that half the Cafe are accustomed to, television?

Indeed.
Our head scout recently quit, rumour has it that it was because he felt he had little power (not sure about this, though).
Perhaps he identified some young talent, but the MUFC bosses said "no, we want to go for the 2 players who did well in the WC".

As you said, what is the point in having scouts, if we are going to judge a player's value, based on performances in big competitions, which we can all view on the telly.
I mean, it doesn't need a scout, to say, "Bale, if not injured, would improve us". Or, "Perisic would improve us". Or, "Sandro in, Shaw out, would improve us". I'm not a scout and even I know these things, as do most MUFC fans.

On a positive note, we did buy Dalot. Whether he will turn out to be good is anyone's guess, but if he does, it will be the result of good scouting.

Status
Not open for further replies.