Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is Chelsea linked with central midfielders? Sure Bakayoko may be a lost cause but RLC is coming back from loan. They should have enough rotation options as is?

Why is Chelsea linked with central midfielders? Sure Bakayoko may be a lost cause but RLC is coming back from loan. They should have enough rotation options as is?
They want a new starter in a midfield three - so Kante, Jorginho and new name. They do have loads of options though like you say - Loftus Cheek, Bakayoko, Fabregas, Drinkwater, Barkley off the top of my head. Drinkwater is a goner but think they'd need to let go of someone else too.

August 9th will be the most epic transfer window closing in years.

European sides will be desperate for PL transfer fees. Hardly anyone on the continent can match what the English clubs can pay right now, so we're going to see a lot of scrambling to get deals done whilst there's still the possibility of cashing in.

It wouldn't surprise me if the rumours on the last few pages were just about smoking out interest.

No-one has ever said that.

The narrative of they're waiting until everyone else has spent before the do has been put out there for weeks. All calm and planned. Whilst really there is no movement on bringing in players, just an obsession with how good their facilities are and how that will attract these players they're getting no where near signing.

The narrative of they're waiting until everyone else has spent before the do has been put out there for weeks. All calm and planned. Whilst really there is no movement on bringing in players, just an obsession with how good their facilities are and how that will attract these players they're getting no where near signing.
Well it's a mix of both isn't it. The strategy is: Levy is an arrogant smartass.

August 9th will be the most epic transfer window closing in years.

European sides will be desperate for PL transfer fees. Hardly anyone on the continent can match what the English clubs can pay right now, so we're going to see a lot of scrambling to get deals done whilst there's still the possibility of cashing in.

It wouldn't surprise me if the rumours on the last few pages were just about smoking out interest.
Should help that European clubs still have three weeks after to buy replacements.

Should help that European clubs still have three weeks after to buy replacements.
They'll need the PL pounds first.

Continental clubs will feel a lot of pressure to accept what the English clubs are offering on the 9th. They simply aren't going to get anything better for the rest of the window. It's going to mean a shit--ton of activity on the day, and hopefully panic sales which could be of benefit to us. Touch wood, anyway.

Continental clubs will feel a lot of pressure to accept what the English clubs are offering on the 9th. They simply aren't going to get anything better for the rest of the window. It's going to mean a shit--ton of activity on the day, and hopefully panic sales which could be of benefit to us. Touch wood, anyway.
I know, I mean on 31st August a lot of them refuse to sell because it's too late to sort replacements, whereas there won't be that issue now.

Few clubs are really under pressure to sell nowadays, a wider range of clubs can pay big fees and the common sense for those with any ambition is to not sell your best players because quality replacements are so hard to find.

For sure the dynamic in the next 10 days will be interesting but I expect it to widely benefit continental clubs.

What I would give for Pogba to stop being a client of Raiola.

You think Pogba is going to be convinced to leave by Raiola and not himself? You know if he’s that dumb then I dunno - go ahead and earn that gross slob some more inflated agent fees

Some update.

Jonny Evans got injured today (Leicester). His injury seems to be serious. This might affect our Maguire deal. We are still having Alderweireld on our radar if Maguire doesn't materialize.

Martial also expected to stay. 1 depressing inside news was Raiola was speaking with Pogba about leaving United.. This, obviously is a very slim chance but a discussion did happen between them
Pogba should tell Raiola to stop bothering him with those stories and focus on taking United back to the top. He can lead a team, he showed how he can lead France over a World Cup. Lead United just like that and go for it! He is considered a home grown talent for United, he has everything to make this club shine again!

I've got to admit that when the transfer window opened I could never imagine that with 10 days to go we would have only signed Fred and a RB no one had ever heard of (hopefully a great one) I thought this was the summer we would go all in to try and minimize the gap between us and city as much as possible but feck me this has been nothing but a depressing window. Mourinho certainly isn't helping by being so negative all the time and honestly this season could literally go any way, either we will put up a decent challenge or we will have to go through an entire shitstorm a la chelsea 15-16 season, which many people in here think will happen.

Sanchez and Pereira actually feel like new signings in my head. I hope Shaw can start looking that way too.

I have a hunch this season is going to turn way better than most expected.

Sanchez and Pereira actually feel like new signings in my head. I hope Shaw can start looking that way too.

I think our season will pretty much be decided in the first 3-4 games. If we get off to a good start - it could turn out quite ok. But if we get a poor start, I expect Mourinho to turn against pretty much anyone - and be fired before christmas. But if Pogba, Sanchez and Lukaku all have a good season, of course we will do well.

Yup, I look at both Sanchez and Pereira this way too, and Fosu-Mensah to an extent.

I feel that most of the uproar has been about our Manager's pi*s-poor reaction to the lack of transfers rather than the lack of transfer themselves.

If Jose had come out and bigged up the opportunity the likes of Pereira, Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe have to help us chase down City then we'd have far less melts in here. Instead, because of his comments throughout the last few weeks we don't know if half these players are staying to provide competition/cover or if they're just making up the tour numbers. I'm afraid it's the latter.

Wether we voted against it or not, it is what it is and it doesn't mean we've not had months to get tranfers in place. Other teams have had no issues.
City have struggled, Chelsea have struggled thus far, spurs have struggled, Everton have struggled thus far, the only clubs who could claim to have had a decent window are Arsenal and Liverpool, and maybe Fulham

£30m for Rojo would be incredible. It'd make it our 3rd highest sale of all time behind Ronaldo and Di Maria.

Bit of a meaningless post really. Zaha may go for 60 million, so more than di maria. The market has changed a lot in a few years. Ronaldo was 9 seasons ago. Work it out adjusted for inflation and come back to us.

Bit of a meaningless post really. Zaha may go for 60 million, so more than di maria. The market has changed a lot in a few years. Ronaldo was 9 seasons ago. Work it out adjusted for inflation and come back to us.
Don't we have a 50% sell on clause on Zaha? Hope he moves for 60m.. That would be amazing

Apparently translation is, Dembele was offered to clubs before world cup

ManUtd don't want Mina.

If Jose had come out and bigged up the opportunity the likes of Pereira, Fosu-Mensah and Tuanzebe have to help us chase down City then we'd have far less melts in here. Instead, because of his comments throughout the last few weeks we don't know if half these players are staying to provide competition/cover or if they're just making up the tour numbers. I'm afraid it's the latter.
You are quite naive if you think those players are good enough to cut the gap to City.

I agree with this. If our best players can perform at the level we expect them to, we will have a good chance in all competitions.

Pereira looks to be doing everything he can to impress Mourinho, and if he continues to get game time when the season starts we have a whole new player on our hands. Would like to see him played on the right, though. He played some games there for Valencia last season.

City have struggled, Chelsea have struggled thus far, spurs have struggled, Everton have struggled thus far, the only clubs who could claim to have had a decent window are Arsenal and Liverpool, and maybe Fulham
West Ham, and to a lesser extent Wolves.

To be fair, the mood here is so pessimistic that the only way is up.

And even Arsenal’s window isn’t particularly great. A 34 year old wing back, a 30 year old mediocre center half, a slightly above average keeper, and an unproven (but talented) young holding midfielder. Hardly anything to shake the league up.

Liverpool have done well with Alisson and Keita, to address two needs; even if the former is a little over rated. Fabinho is more speculative. Most over rated player I’ve seen in a while, so we’ll see how he does in the premier league.

Chelsea have had a disaster.

out of the CL. Manager sacking/hiring took ages.
Best player has said he wants out. Keeper has a year left and wants to leave. The keeper they were linked to went to Liverpool.
Were linked to Golovin and Higuain who have/are going to other clubs.
Signed Morata, Drinkwater and Bakayoko last summer. All flops.

Owner was reportedly having trouble with the authorities and was asked to prove the source of his wealth.

If we had a similar summer, the caf would have imploded.

Although other clubs have not strengthened much IMO this was a good opportunity for our club to close the gap.
There wasn't much City could improve on except for maybe a back up RW and a holding CM
Arsenal didn't have the money, Chelsea had issues with owner/manager and players wanting to leave and Spurs have made no signings.A good window and we could have cemented the second place and given City a run for their money considering how good Pogba and Lukaku looked in the WC and how Sanchez has looked in the pre season.

We started pretty well IMO, with Fred and Dalot but we should have gone for Sandro, Toby and a RW.
Sandro especially will be a huge missed opportunity as he's a top 3 LB in the world IMO.Now we don't know what happened l, if it was because Shaw refused to be sold or because Juve slapped a huge price tag on Sandro, we couldn't get the deal done.
Same with Toby. Willian to seems like Chelsea wanted a lot of money for a 30 year old.

There's still time and I'm still hopeful that we can sign atleast a CB & RW. That for me will make this window a successful one although a lot will depend on Dalot having a good season and how well Shaw and Young plays at LB. I feel our midfield and attack (except RW) are pretty good. If we can fix our CB conundrum and get a proper RW, we would be almost there.
Here's hoping

Indeed. Between the journalists misquoting things , playing up conflict within the squad and the manager and board, there's a whole lot of nonsense to filter thru. It's tough mate! I genuinely feel the need to strengthen the squad more and it's easy to get dismayed by the shite

Yep, this is why I just wait untill things are done and the truth comes out as much as possible otherwise the temptation to rage every 2 seconds a twatter gets posted would be overwhelming.

I agree with this. If our best players can perform at the level we expect them to, we will have a good chance in all competitions.

Pereira looks to be doing everything he can to impress Mourinho, and if he continues to get game time when the season starts we have a whole new player on our hands. Would like to see him played on the right, though. He played some games there for Valencia last season.

Good point about Pereira playing on the right. But from what I have seen, Jose seems to be preparing to set up the team without traditional wing play. Maybe because he knows he won't be getting a natural right winger and even our players on the left are not natural left wingers.

Yep, this is why I just wait untill things are done and the truth comes out as much as possible otherwise the temptation to rage every 2 seconds a twatter gets posted would be overwhelming.

Me too.....my wife says the transfer window is like selling or buying things on ebay, nothing really happens until when it's coming to the very end.

You are quite naive if you think those players are good enough to cut the gap to City.

Why shouldn't they be provided with a chance and some encouragement from their Manager? We dropped points to half-a-dozen promoted or subsequently relegated teams last year. Fosu-Mensah and Pereira especially are good enough to be given a chance against these teams. The whole season isn't played against the likes of City and Liverpool. There are another 34 matches where points are up for grabs and plenty of our opposition have players with far less ability than Andreas Pereira. It's a long season and players will need rotating. Last season we didn't have these youngsters with us, this season we might. If this happens then yes, if shown trust and given a chance they can help us try and close the gap. At worst they give our first choice players in their respective positions a break. What's naive about this? We have enjoyed plenty of success due to young players or unsung heroes coming through for us at a time when we needed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.