Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
So that’s my concern , even assuming Klopp is talking out his yellow teeth face hole , there’s some pattern to the kind of things Woodward is saying. That and the incessant settle for 4th rumors.

More than anything, the mindset of this American ownership is really clearly not to be the best from a sporting point of view. A couple trophies sprinkled with CL money will do the trick. The brand is big enough for complacency on average with a Big Bang signing here and there.

:lol:

Thing is the waving of the cheque book narrative and the not spending and settling for top 4 narrative are completely. Contradictory arguments.

Still don't see why Leicester would even consider selling Maguire with only days left in the window. What sort of message would that send to their fans? They've already sold Mahrez. Selling their two best players in the same summer would be devastating.

His value won't drop if he stays another season, so what incentive would they have to sell now?

Still don't see why Leicester would even consider selling Maguire with only days left in the window. What sort of message would that send to their fans? They've already sold Mahrez. Selling their two best players in the same summer would be devastating.

His value won't drop if he stays another season, so what incentive would they have to sell now?

Well, if he doesn’t have that good a season his price could drop 20 million.

If he has an averge (or below) season with Leicester his value would drop massively I'd think.
After the World Cup he had I think it would actually make sense for Leicester to lock in 50m in profit for him.

The interest seems to come from our desperate than a pre plan, coming this late to the window closure. So there is a chance we wouldn't come back next season even if we can't sign a CB now. L'pool, City already have their expensive CBs. Even Tottenham had Davidson Sanchez for club record fee and well stocked in CBs department. That leaves very little room for Maguire to move to a English CL clubs.Not many overseas teams would afford his fee and not sure overseas folks rate him to beginning with.

Last edited:
Something tells me you don't work in sales? :lol:

:lol: Not directly no - The whole situation is getting on my last nerve.
By the time they reach an agreement the window is gonna be shut. They need to speed things up, time is of the essence.

If he has an averge (or below) season with Leicester his value would drop massively I'd think.
After the World Cup he had I think it would actually make sense for Leicester to lock in 50m in profit for him.

Unless he gets injured. Or loses form because his cat died. Or develops an unhealthy obsession with Coronation Street. He's the flavour of the month because of his world club performances. Leicester would do well to sell now, particularly for anything over 50m. Unless he moves this summer, he won't be worth 30m next year.

"Rojo, who earns more than £120,000-a-week, has not linked up with the rest of the United squad in the USA..
United would be willing to sell a player they bought for £16m from Sporting Lisbon four years ago if they receive a bid in excess of £20m..."

Have Everton learned nothing from Schneiderlin and Rooney?? Don't buy what we're willing to chuck out :lol:

In the Jurgen Klopp biography Bring the Noise, it is alleged Ed Woodward pitched Manchester United as 'an adult version of Disneyland' to the then-Borussia Dortmund coach.

Petition to blacklist Sam Luckhurst. The vast majority of his United-related output is bollocks specifically designed to whip the gullible portions of our fanbase up into a frenzy.
Wether we voted against it or not, it is what it is and it doesn't mean we've not had months to get tranfers in place. Other teams have had no issues.
Yeah, because Chelsea, City and Spurs have been doing fantastically this window, what with City losing out on the primary target to a Chelsea who only managed to appoint a manager a couple of weeks ago and are on the cusp of losing their first choice goalkeeper with no replacement in sight, all while battling to keep their star player and remedy their Morata problem.

Last edited:
Wether we voted against it or not, it is what it is and it doesn't mean we've not had months to get tranfers in place. Other teams have had no issues.
Chelsea has made one signing.
Spurs have made none.
City failed with moves for Fred and Jorginho and spent most of the window trying to sign Mahrez who they had been trying to do a transfer for since at least January.

I feel like foreign clubs are just quoting silly prices to the English clubs, the new deal has had a negative effect in that regard, I think English clubs will need to improve their scouting abroad to get these players in at a young age or develop youth themselves.

Petition to blacklist Sam Luckhurst. The vast majority of his United-related output is bollocks specifically designed to whip the gullible portions of our fanbase up into a frenzy.
Pretty, pretty please.

I've got to admit that when the transfer window opened I could never imagine that with 10 days to go we would have only signed Fred and a RB no one had ever heard of (hopefully a great one) I thought this was the summer we would go all in to try and minimize the gap between us and city as much as possible but feck me this has been nothing but a depressing window. Mourinho certainly isn't helping by being so negative all the time and honestly this season could literally go any way, either we will put up a decent challenge or we will have to go through an entire shitstorm a la chelsea 15-16 season, which many people in here think will happen.

:lol:

Thing is the waving of the cheque book narrative and the not spending and settling for top 4 narrative are completely. Contradictory arguments.
Indeed. Between the journalists misquoting things , playing up conflict within the squad and the manager and board, there's a whole lot of nonsense to filter thru. It's tough mate! I genuinely feel the need to strengthen the squad more and it's easy to get dismayed by the shite

Spurs and Chelsea are having nightmare summer's. Arsenal doing ok with a few nice 5 - 15m signings

Nah. A nightmare summer for Spurs would have been losing Pochettino and several of our best players, but instead we're tying most of them down to long contracts.

My only exposure to this guy was at the World Cup a few weeks ago where he was bang average. Even on YouTube where anyone can be made to look world class he only looks decent and nothing special. Weird signing he would be.
Spurs and Chelsea are having nightmare summer's. Arsenal doing ok with a few nice 5 - 15m signings
Wouldn't say we've had a nightmare summer at all. Not yet, anyways. All of our best players are still here for the time being. We've signed a brilliant CM and Sarri is already changing our style completely. If we end the window by selling one of our stars and not signing anyone else it'll be terrible.

Tottenham on the other hand have been shocking.

I feel like foreign clubs are just quoting silly prices to the English clubs, the new deal has had a negative effect in that regard, I think English clubs will need to improve their scouting abroad to get these players in at a young age or develop youth themselves.
Yeah, Lemar was quoted around 90m last summer. Atletico signed him for I believe less than 50m.

They will be snapping Utd's hand off for 50m for Alderweireld by the end of the window. Beautiful.

Not necessarily. Unless they can find a decent replacement, they'll probably just wager that they're better off going into the season as they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.