Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our scouts and manager have formulated multiple lists for multiple positions prior to the transfer window opening. If a certain profile wasn't an option that would have been communicated and would have been over the last few windows.

The profile is about age, fee and talent. The scouts and managers have no idea about the fee when they formulate the lists.

Yep, is he a broken clock or trying to live off getting something right type of journo?
Journos in England are rarely correct about us.
They get our English based transfers right though but my theory is the leak comes from the other side.
Either that or a mass briefing, there's very little hidden sources

Damage control by Woody considering Jose was openly voicing his frustrations. This neither proves nor disproves anything really, more of an official spiel.

Not sure why he wants Perisic when he plays on the left, and we need someone on the right

Perisic on the left, Sanchez through the middle and Lingard on the right might be his thinking.

Not a fan of Lingard as our first choice RW, but Jose might be thinking along those lines.

Then if thats the case stop penny pinching and strengthen the bloody squad.

Say whatever about Jose(or any manager) but if they are not being backed in the transfer window its always going to cause issues.
To me it doesn't look like we're penny pinching ... maybe you're not aware of the size of our squad. Not saying that's Jose's issue to deal with but maybe we're trying to clear out first. Also, maybe we want to see a better path for the youth players, e.g. Tuanzebe and Chong.

"If United's negotiations with the Foxes continue to stall then they'll move quickly to tie up a deal worth around €40m for Mina."

Not meant argumentatively but where are you seeing a lot of progress? He has got us back into the champions league and in the top four the last two years, he has won an FA cup (so did LVG) and the Europa league which was one bit of good progress but not a tournament we should be in but arent those kind of the minimum requirements?

For us fans yes. Sadly though for the board he is doing exactly what they require.

Willian Out, Pulisic in.

Just imagine :wenger: We all know our board are too incompetent though.

Willian is quite a lot better than Pulisic. Pulisic is more talented and likely has a bright future ahead of him (although there is no guarantee of that). He'd not be an upgrade in the short term, though.

Willian is quite a lot better than Pulisic. Pulisic is more talented and likely has a bright future ahead of him (although there is no guarantee of that). He'd not be an upgrade in the short term, though.

Long term he would most have to be an upgrade for the amount of talent and his age.

Short term I don't think we would be any worse off, I really do rate Willian on his day as a player. But he's nowhere near consistent enough his goal rate is roughly 1 in every 5/6 which is not particularly great and he also breaks up a lot of our attacks through slowing down the ball.

Would love nothing more than to see him get some consistency in his output and play how we know is possible, but I have also thought this for the last 4/5 years and yet he still fails to deliver.

I was just taking issue with Jackson, not the content itself.

He's always had a poor reputation from my understanding. Probably his greatest moment was twisting Pep's words right in front of him (when he was at Bayern) at a press conference so I'm not keen on him.

Oh I understand that, and myself I have him as 50/50 in terms of reliability. I knows he’s made an arse of himself a few times but I also thought he got a few things right last year for transfers too. In addition, I think the Mail and the Sun are horrendous in terms of reliability, so I’m more inclined to believe the Jackson article instead of theirs.

Long term he would most have to be an upgrade for the amount of talent and his age.

Short term I don't think we would be any worse off, I really do rate Willian on his day as a player. But he's nowhere near consistent enough his goal rate is roughly 1 in every 5/6 which is not particularly great and he also breaks up a lot of our attacks through slowing down the ball.

Would love nothing more than to see him get some consistency in his output and play how we know is possible, but I have also thought this for the last 4/5 years and yet he still fails to deliver.

:lol:

Short term you would certainly be worse off. I don't know where this overrating of Pulisic and underrating of Willian comes from, but it's rather hilarious.

Last season stats...
Willian: 13g, 12a in 3,053 mins
Pulisic: 5g, 7a in 3.038 mins

And that's in a considerably harder league for Willian. Dembele and Mkhi looked like world beaters in that team playing in the same position as Pulisic. Yet plucked out of that team and league, they don't look that special. Barca even wanted to sign Willian because of doubts over Dembele.

You say Willian is not consistent but he's been having double figure seasons in the EPL for the last 3 seasons in a row and he's a 2 times EPL winner.

I don't understand this obsession with the short term. Willian is a particularly short term signing and he's not going to win us the league looking at the way the rest of the squad is. We likely need to strengthen at the full backs and central defense before we can think of ourselves as contenders. I just don't see the urgent need to sign someone in a position in which we'll have to invest in 2 years again. Is he that much of a leap in quality over some of the younger players available? Definitely not. I'd rather give a young hard working player a go at the position instead of bringing in Willian. In my opinion Willian at 70m, aged 30 is a much bigger risk than someone like Bailey at slightly lesser price.
He's got the same attributes but is extremely hard working to the point where he was deployed as a sole wideman left to cover the whole flank at times for Leverkusen. Most importantly he has the threat of electric pace which will undoubtedly help United stretch the game. His final product may be raw for his age but he's still definitely more productive than Willian. Only real difference is age and Bailey being way quicker with a higher ceiling.
Pulisic is someone who reminds me of Mikhitaryan. Not too big on having him here under Mourinho. Mourinho does prefer his wingers to be strong and able to ride the tackles.

Willian Out, Pulisic in.

Just imagine :wenger: We all know our board are too incompetent though.
Pulisic is very young. It'd be very stupid of him if he leaves.
And why would it be Chelsea? No champion league, sacking manager every two seasons, doesn't have as big fan base in the US as Liv', United', Russian owner.

Don't believe this shit. Chelsea' interest might be real but he won't leave Dortmund for Chelsea. He can join Real Madrid or Munich in 1-2 years

Our board are seemingly doing the exact same as Chelsea's the summer prior to Jose's last exit with them. That summer Pedro was pushed upon him as oppose to the players he actually wanted

We should sack our scouts if it's true.
Our board are seemingly doing the exact same as Chelsea's the summer prior to Jose's last exit with them. That summer Pedro was pushed upon him as oppose to the players he actually wanted
The fact this article leads by saying Barcelona are still interested in Willian when every man and his dog knows they signed Malcolm instead of him last week should tell you it's complete and utter bullshit. You also have a bit where it says we want Rebic/Bale/Willian for the left wing which should set some alarm bells off too but by all means believe it if you want.

Last edited:
We'd be better off signing nobody than signing Rebic and Mina out of desperation. They'll end up being sold as deadwood in a year

Did you read the article? It's a bunch of bullocks.

We'd be better off signing nobody than signing Rebic and Mina out of desperation. They'll end up being sold as deadwood in a year
Agreed, neither of them are going to change a single thing regarding where we finish this season, it would be £80M or so down the drain.

Mina has started following United players apparently.

Or conversely the Mirror have used the fact that clicking on someone's IG following list automatically ranks mutual people you follow yourself above every one else to get some more clicks. That's not to say we're not interested Mina – this article is just more rubbish like that Rebic piece.

Who says its desperation? They'd obviously be on the list that Jose gave to Woodward.

Status
Not open for further replies.