Transfer Tweets - 2018/19 | Remember if posting foreign language tweets to post in English too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that is bonkers!!
However I've just read that Spurs have lost a couple of youth players on the verge of breaking through, they appear to be looking at other clubs rather than staying at Spurs, including Edwards who is quality, which is strange as the general consensus is that Poch will give them a chance.

Caf has an odd version of the truth. Poch is managing one of the top 7/8 teams in the league. Generally there’s little chance of youngsters making a break through. Pressure to perform doesn’t allow much scope for experimentation.

Mourinho said Woodward was on holiday just the other week, crazy when we obviously need his full attention for transfer activity.
Just goes to show that the CL has ruined the clubs ambition, as long as we qualify for it the club are happy enough but they are not willing to spend the money needed to actually compete for it or the PL as the sums don't add up. What a depressing state of affairs.

Wasn't that part of the whole fake news debacle.

Throughout the course of three seasons Mourinho got Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Mata, Fred etc. Its not as if the manager was deprived from world class signings. Woodward also has to obey the Glazers and funds at United are not unlimited as some may like to believe.
Not Mata though. He was Moyes signing.
You can add Ibrahimovich, Mhikitaryan, Bailly, Lindelof to your list even though they are not world class players.

It's quite common managers lower expectations. Injuries and lack of transfers are easy targets. This is so they are not blamed for the teams failures or alternatively hailed as saviours despite the odds if the team does well.
Yeah, I know. But my thinking with it was more along the lines of us actually mounting a challenge in the title race and do pretty well in other competitions. I do think the negativity on this forum is overblown these days. We've added to our squad without losing any vital players (although Martial seems likely to go), that's gotta be a good sign.

Reactions: Sultan
It's quite common managers lower expectations. Injuries and lack of transfers are easy targets. This is so they are not blamed for the teams failures or alternatively hailed as saviours despite the odds if the team does well.
Yes. That is likely what he is doing, but we are Manchester United and our expectations should always be high. Is this where we are as a club?

Yes. That is likely what he is doing, but we are Manchester United and our expectations should always be high. Is this where we are as a club?

Yes. People expecting us to challenge for the title with this squad need to manage expectations.

FC Bayern US on Twitter on Boateng's move to PSG
Karl-Heinz #Rummenigge on transfer rumours: "Regarding @JB17Official, we have received no contact from PSG and we have not discussed money. I do know that his advisor is in Paris, but nothing has been finalised at all."

Yeah, that is bonkers!!
However I've just read that Spurs have lost a couple of youth players on the verge of breaking through, they appear to be looking at other clubs rather than staying at Spurs, including Edwards who is quality, which is strange as the general consensus is that Poch will give them a chance.

Because homegrown is based on the club you were at from 15-21. Eric Dier was in Portugal those years.

Yeah, that is bonkers!!

They are happy for Edwards to leave. He has a poor attitude and is unlikely to do anything major in the game.

Yes. People expecting us to challenge for the title with this squad need to manage expectations.

Why shouldn’t we?
IMHO
We have one of the best goalkeepers in the world

Our CB pairing isn’t great but it isn’t far worse than Manchester City or the Liverpool’s ones

We have Valencia/Young and Dalot for full backs. It isn’t the greatest but it could be very good if Dalot shows the potential we expect from him.

A midfield of
Matic/Pogba/Fred looks great

We have
Lukaku/Sanchez/Rashford up front

Add to that squad players like
Martial/Andreas/Lingard/Mata

We have a very good squad and if we secure a quality CB & RW we will have a great squad.

The 55-year-old is targeting a wide forward and a centre-back, with Internazionale’s Ivan Perisic and Leicester City’s Harry Maguire among his targets.

wow 'we have confidence in Jose' before the season has even started? Dark times.
But understandable when the Fail are running 'exclusives' that Woodward is refusing to release funds despite it being obvious that we're in for at least one more player.

Throughout the course of three seasons Mourinho got Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Mata, Fred etc. Its not as if the manager was deprived from world class signings. Woodward also has to obey the Glazers and funds at United are not unlimited as some may like to believe.

What? Moyes signed Mata...

Not sure why he wants Perisic when he plays on the left, and we need someone on the right

If the money is there why hasn't it been used?

One answer could be that from the club's perspective the players need to be good and viable investments, it means that the profile and the fees are important. I have little doubt that the board would sanction a big deal for a 23 years old CB/RW that currently is in Pogba's bracket but if they are sensible they will think twice about that type of deals for Perisic and Maguire. it doesn't mean that they are not going to allow it in the end but think about it like purchasing a new gaming laptop, even if you have the money you are not going to mindlessly jump on the first one that you see, they all have qualities and flaws that will make you pause and think.

How would you know?
Because that's what most of those stories are about. If you believe it, fine. If you don't, that's also fine. But that's how most journalists source their stories. It could be a high up source, it could be someone low down. But usually they're sourced from inside the club.

Then they really need to stop telling everyone we are the Richest Club in the World as though you get a trophy for it. As a business we are run brilliantly, as a football team the running of it is shambolic at the moment.

Why? He's a known tit.

Maybe, but he’s also got a few things right over the last 12 months or so. And while people might say ‘oh well you throw enough crap at the wall some of it will stick’ and that’s true, I’m more inclined to believe the money is there and José is being backed, rather than the club is about to go to war with itself.

Maybe, but he’s also got a few things right over the last 12 months or so. And while people might say ‘oh well you throw enough crap at the wall some of it will stick’ and that’s true, I’m more inclined to believe the money is there and José is being backed, rather than the club is about to go to war with itself.

I was just taking issue with Jackson, not the content itself.

He's always had a poor reputation from my understanding. Probably his greatest moment was twisting Pep's words right in front of him (when he was at Bayern) at a press conference so I'm not keen on him.

One answer could be that from the club's perspective the players need to be good and viable investments, it means that the profile and the fees are important. I have little doubt that the board would sanction a big deal for a 23 years old CB/RW that currently is in Pogba's bracket but if they are sensible they will think twice about that type of deals for Perisic and Maguire. it doesn't mean that they are not going to allow it in the end but think about it like purchasing a new gaming laptop, even if you have the money you are not going to mindlessly jump on the first one that you see, they all have qualities and flaws that will make you pause and think.

Our scouts and manager have formulated multiple lists for multiple positions prior to the transfer window opening. If a certain profile wasn't an option that would have been communicated and would have been over the last few windows.

Then if thats the case stop penny pinching and strengthen the bloody squad.

Say whatever about Jose(or any manager) but if they are not being backed in the transfer window its always going to cause issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.