Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
There has to be some money, bud. We'd need to buy a replacement keeper. ;)

How has Varane been this season? Has he overcome his injury troubles and progressed?
more or less the same problem with the injuries.I didn´t see progress

DdeGoat

more or less the same problem with the injuries.I didn´t see progress
The cash amount just went up, bud. :)

Shame the injuries still bother him. He looked destined to become a world class defender a few years back.

lysglimt

Scout
For the first time in God knows how long - I can honestly Write: Why would he want to swap us for Real ?

E-mal

£100m +Kovacic and bee done with, this rumours can be unsettling for any manager trying to plan his squard for next season.
If he wants to stay come out and say it, if not then Godspeed.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
£100m +Kovacic and bee done with, this rumours can be unsettling for any manager trying to plan his squard for next season.
If he wants to stay come out and say it, if not then Godspeed.
This..

When we sold them Ronaldo we should've asked for Robben in return.

Dr. StrangeHate

Even if we get Asenjo, Kovacic and Isco in return for De Gea we would still be worse off. We would be replacing the best keeper in the world for the next 10 years with a bordering on world class player Isco and two potentially great players in Asenjo and Kovacic. We would never be able to get a better keeper than De Gea because he doesn't exist.
People are downplaying De Gea's importance, the amount of times he has saved us in the past 2 years alone is more important than what Asenjo, Kovacic and Isco have done for Madrid in that time combined.

Tosicsleftpeg

I've seen nothing from Romero to suggest he isn't good enough and little from Oblak to suggest he is significantly better. This is a keeper who started the last world cup final and who has kept 21 clean sheets in 34 appearances for this club. He's played throughout a winning Europa League campaign and has stood in admirably whenever De Gea hasn't been available.

I get this incessant need for shiny new things all the time but if we were to lose De Gea, letting a sure thing walk out from right under our noses just so we can gamble on a new player from another league would be the height of stupidity.
I get what you're saying about his record and he's done well I agree but he definitely has the"nervous keeper" syndrome about him. He's got a flap and a mistake in him and on occasion you can get away with it and against the smaller teams etc but at the top top level I don't think he's good enough as the number 1 keeper.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
We were lucky to get 3 more seasons out of him playing for Manchester United.

I don't know why he would want to be a part of that circus. Trophies guaranteed but, that club is in a constant state of flux. Performances like a sinusoidal wave. Well we would have to do very well to replace him and stay away from Navas.

utdman

I would gladly take 50 mil plus Kroos for DDG if he really wants to leave.

GM K

Madrid will try to sign de Gea for the third time. The operation has already been launched (:lol:)
David knows it, Mendes told him last week.
Price around 100m€
If Dave desperately wants out and they offer 130 million plus Asensio, or 150 million plus Kroos, I will take the offer.

GM K

Even if we get Asenjo, Kovacic and Isco in return for De Gea we would still be worse off. We would be replacing the best keeper in the world for the next 10 years with a bordering on world class player Isco and two potentially great players in Asenjo and Kovacic. We would never be able to get a better keeper than De Gea because he doesn't exist.
People are downplaying De Gea's importance, the amount of times he has saved us in the past 2 years alone is more important than what Asenjo, Kovacic and Isco have done for Madrid in that time combined.
What??????!

How can we be worse off with Isco, Asensio and Kovacic for De Gea?

Asensio is 22, Kovacic is 23 and Isco is 25. All amazing footballers who will take our team to a whole new level.

Yes, we would have lost the best goalkeeper in the world but I suspect that one of the reasons Dave is the best in the world today is because in too many games, teams have found it easy coming at us. If we have improved firepower, they will be way too busy defending than testing our goalkeeper.

I won't mind the trade off of a world class goalkeeper for three incredibly talented young players who can turn us into a beast of a team.

gajender

What??????!

How can we be worse off with Isco, Asensio and Kovacic for De Gea?

Asensio is 22, Kovacic is 23 and Isco is 25. All amazing footballers who will take our team to a whole new level.

Yes, we would have lost the best goalkeeper in the world but I suspect that one of the reasons Dave is the best in the world today is because in too many games, teams have found it easy coming at us. If we have improved firepower, they will be way too busy defending than testing our goalkeeper.

I won't mind the trade off of a world class goalkeeper for three incredibly talented young players who can turn us into a beast of a team.
But there is no guarantee we would be better off either these are good young players but there is no certainty that they would step up and they also have question marks against them, one of the reason why Madrid is struggling is because their old guard is waning but their young talent hasn't stepped up either that's why they would spend big in the summer . If De Gea is adamant to leave then either we take all cash deal or include Kroos and one of their top young talent even if we pay some extra cash to them.

haram

You're judging Romero by some preconceived notion of what he should be because he is second choice. I'm judging him with my eyes and by seeing the saves he makes, the clean sheets he keeps and the influence he has from the back.

Oblak is on about half of what Romero makes at United and as of yet, none of the big clubs have made any serious move to try and buy him. By your reasoning he can't be much good either.
No, I am judging him my eyes. He isn’t good enough for a stretch of a season. We need better. Oblak is simply better than him. You’re just assuming how I am judging him. Romero isn’t good enough.

Oblak would cost way more in transfer fees compared to a second choice keeper in Romero. I don’t know where you got the figures that Oblak is on half what Romero is on either.

Last edited:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
100m Euros. That's what, about £86m?

Nah. De Gea is irreplaceable, as anyone we get instead will be worse than him, so the offer really does have to be a mega one, or he has to really want to go and push for it. I'm not sure I see either of those happening.

Smores

No, I am judging him my eyes. He isn’t good enough for a stretch of a season. We need better. Oblak is simply better than him. You’re just assuming how I am judging him. Romero isn’t good enough.

Oblak would cost way more in transfer fees compared to a second choice keeper in Romero. I don’t know where you got the figures that Oblak is on half what Romero is on either.
I think thats harsh, he's performed well when he's come in to the team and as yet hasn't let us down.
He deserves a chance in my book. If De Gea were to go that is.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Good luck with Madrid trying to get anything out of Jose he’s one stubborn man and knows what he likes. DDG is a great keeper personally I’d like Bale plus cash but I’d honestly keep DDG and just buy Bale as we have enough money.

Reynoldo

£100m in todays market for the Spanish number 1 keeper entering his prime with 10 years ahead of him? No chance! If they are talking about bidding 200m for Kane then I wouldn't even take a call unless they matched that offer for De Gea and even at that our answer should be a resounding no, we dont need the money and we dont need to put any more holes in our squad.

Infra-red

If this really is the year for De Gea, we should insist on one of their players in return AND on lining up his replacement (Oblak or Alisson for me), prior to any deal going through.

Reynoldo

If this really is the year for De Gea, we should insist on one of their players in return AND on lining up his replacement (Oblak or Alisson for me), prior to any deal going through.
Exactly, other teams do this all the time and so should we. You want De Gea, how much you say? Hang on and we'll get back to you. Right we are being charged 120m for Oblak so we are not leaving De Gea go unless we can cover the cost of his replacement + another world class player as we need to compensate for weakening our team by strengthening in other areas so the price is Oblaks price (120) + 100m for another world class player. So cough up 220m or we come back with an offer for a deal with one (or two) of your prime players (Asensio and Kroos + 100m (yes unlikely but we should set the terms)) and not one of your very soon to be problems (benzene, bale or ronaldo) who would then become one of our soon to be problems. We need to ensure we are breaking even at least but hopefully improving overall squad wise as a result of any deal.

Fracture90

I would personally hate to see DDG go but in case he wants to leave we should be asking for 100 million + Kroos and 1 bare minimum.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
I hope we use the trusty fax machine if Madrid come calling for De Gea again.

Status
Not open for further replies.