Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Why would PSG sell?
He’s causing a lot of issues already, he’s not settled and there’s no way Neymar moved there with the intention to spend the next 5 years of his career there. I think this was planned all along, get out of Barca and then work his way to Real.

The article says there is a release clause for €222m next summer. That might not be true but it also wouldn’t surprise me either.

PSG is not a suitable place for someone wanting to win a Ballon D’or.

Varun

Staff
He’s causing a lot of issues already, he’s not settled and there’s no way Neymar moved there with the intention to spend the next 5 years of his career there. I think this was planned all along, get out of Barca and then work his way to Real.

The article says there is a release clause for €222m next summer. That might not be true but it also wouldn’t surprise me either.

You've not answered my question though. Why Neymar would prefer Real is obvious. What I'm asking is why would PSG sell? I'd be very surprised if there's a release clause and that too at those figures. It'd be a net loss to Neymar given the extras they'd have paid Neymar to join them.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
You've not answered my question though. Why Neymar would prefer Real is obvious. What I'm asking is why would PSG sell? I'd be very surprised if there's a release clause and that too at those figures. It'd be a net loss to Neymar given the extras they'd have paid Neymar to join them.
Also I think having Neymar transfer out a year or two after he joined will be seen as a loss of face for PSG's owners.

Real should be careful here, it didn't end well for Barca when they came knocking for Verratti.

sully1

"The Independent understands that.... Ronaldo, for the first time since arriving at the club in 2009, is not “unsellable”. While Manchester United do not now have interest in their old hero, they are, for example, monitoring the situations of Raphael Varane, Casemiroand - less likely given Luka Modric’s age - Toni Kroos.
Other potential targets for Real are Harry Kane and Eden Hazard, as well as one of the two goalkeepers Thibaut Courtois or David De Gea, but all would be willingly discarded if it meant signing Neymar."
the day PSG news came out my gut feeling was Neymar and his dad are moving to this french league to pave way for Neymar to go to Real Madrid eventually.

Neymar wants to follow fat ronaldos foot steps and play for both clubs

prateik

the day PSG news came out my gut feeling was Neymar and his dad are moving to this french league to pave way for Neymar to go to Real Madrid eventually.

Neymar wants to follow fat ronaldos foot steps and play for both clubs
Couldnt Madrid have just paid the release clause directly?

Nick7

Carrasco would be just as annoying, unreliable, and inconsistent as any of the options we already have.

United_We_Stand

It was widely reported that the player has a release clause in his contract. But a couple of weeks ago, his lawyer (or someone who claims to be his lawyer) told Radio Globo that Neymar's contract does not contain a release clause http://www.espn.com/soccer/story/33...ymars-paris-saint-germain-deal-lawyer?src=com

Last edited:

AndyJ1985

Couldnt Madrid have just paid the release clause directly?
Where were they going to find £200m in cash to pay in full? Plus the insane signing in fee and agent fees. I doubt even we could fund that and we're richer than Real.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

"The Independent understands that.... Ronaldo, for the first time since arriving at the club in 2009, is not “unsellable”. While Manchester United do not now have interest in their old hero, they are, for example, monitoring the situations of Raphael Varane, Casemiroand - less likely given Luka Modric’s age - Toni Kroos.
Other potential targets for Real are Harry Kane and Eden Hazard, as well as one of the two goalkeepers Thibaut Courtois or David De Gea, but all would be willingly discarded if it meant signing Neymar."
Ridiculous that Real would basically give half their team away in order to find a signing for Neymar. They would then need to replace half their team again, unless they feel the Spanish talent they have been collecting are all ready to step up.

Anyone, one Kovacic please Jose!

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Summer sales this summer.
60m for Kovacic only today! Buy Varane and get Theo on loan!.
Lucas Vázquez,enthusiasm, vitality and heart for only 35m :D

Abdullah7

The club needs to be careful around this saga. Ronnie defiantly loves United. He's one of our legends but he has some issues. His demands are a lot. Wages and agent fees not the issue. He can disrupt the harmony in United's dressing room. he's a diva who will always look for attention. We have something good with José why disrupt it? I think he's not as he used to be.

Sorry Cristiano, I still love you but won't want you anywhere near United.

Last edited:

Zlatattack

Is he really world class?
I knew i'd get called up on that when i typed it. Honestly, meh, probably not. I don't watch enough La Liga to judge. The pun came to mind and the logic just fitted around it.

PoTMS

Summer sales this summer.
60m for Kovacic only today! Buy Varane and get Theo on loan!.
Lucas Vázquez,enthusiasm, vitality and heart for only 35m :D
Perfect - we can swap deal if you want too. We’ve got Darmian and Blind valued at 40m. And for one time only, 50m for Fellaini.

Cliche Guevara

Status
Not open for further replies.