Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

GM K

Good luck with Madrid trying to get anything out of Jose he’s one stubborn man and knows what he likes. DDG is a great keeper personally I’d like Bale plus cash but I’d honestly keep DDG and just buy Bale as we have enough money.
If Jose thinks for a minute that DDG wants out, he will have no qualms exchanging him for a damn good deal. Jose is never reluctant to sell players that want to leave. The good thing is that he usually gets good deals off them. Remember when he sold Zlatan? It seemed insane but not when Inter was getting Samuel Etoo and a bagful of cash in exchange.

RobinHood

Even if we get Asenjo, Kovacic and Isco in return for De Gea we would still be worse off. We would be replacing the best keeper in the world for the next 10 years with a bordering on world class player Isco and two potentially great players in Asenjo and Kovacic. We would never be able to get a better keeper than De Gea because he doesn't exist.
People are downplaying De Gea's importance, the amount of times he has saved us in the past 2 years alone is more important than what Asenjo, Kovacic and Isco have done for Madrid in that time combined.
:wenger:

Those are three of the best young players in the world. We will be better off. Don't be so hyperbolic. Dave is exceptional, but I would definitely take your hypothetical deal no questions asked.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The last of the big spenders :lol:

I think some of the posters who tried the 'how much are you worth?' transfer game were worth that much.
Sometimes it is transfers like this that end up the gems rather than the big money transfers. The latter can bring loads of disappointment, while it is easy to write off £200,000.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
If Jose thinks for a minute that DDG wants out, he will have no qualms exchanging him for a damn good deal. Jose is never reluctant to sell players that want to leave. The good thing is that he usually gets good deals off them. Remember when he sold Zlatan? It seemed insane but not when Inter was getting Samuel Etoo and a bagful of cash in exchange.
If Madrid is what he wants then I'd let him have it, for the right deal of course. Senseless to keep a player who would rather be elsewhere.

Obviously not suggesting that is absolutely the case mind.

If we could swing a big fee and a player who would improve us and us open to the move then fair fecks.

If it's Navas however, they can feck right off.

Irish Jet

Supports
Anyone but Rashford
We should be looking for one of their CM's.

Any one of Kroos, Modric, Kovacic, Isco, Ceballos, Llorente would all (to varying degrees obviously) be valuable additions to our squad.

We can't see him unless we're getting something seriously worthwhile in return. Can't let these bastards try and bully us.

Danillaco

For me the only option is Kroos + Isco combo for De Gea. Then we go to the market for a great GK.

But that would never happen.

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
I think we could have kept him here as a backup for AV and I even think that he may have even gone ahead of him. I think he is outstanding. However, it is good that he has gone to play under Steve Bruce as he will likely not just sit on the bench.
Hopefully Bruce will give him his fair crack and then it's up to him.

I agree with you to a degree...but nothing beats playing week in week out at a higher level than he's used to. If he performs for Brucey I'd be over the moon in his development

Nick7

I think we could have kept him here as a backup for AV and I even think that he may have even gone ahead of him. I think he is outstanding. However, it is good that he has gone to play under Steve Bruce as he will likely not just sit on the bench.
He's not a right back though. The more experience he gets playing center back the better.

EyeInTheSky

Hopefully Bruce will give him his fair crack and then it's up to him.

I agree with you to a degree...but nothing beats playing week in week out at a higher level than he's used to. If he performs for Brucey I'd be over the moon in his development
Yep, TFM has been getting great reviews on his loan at CP. Hope for the same here.

hubbuh

For me the only option is Kroos + Isco combo for De Gea. Then we go to the market for a great GK.

But that would never happen.
From our perspective though, money is practically useless given how much the club generates organically. We really should push for an arrangement in which we receive a player from them + cash if necessary. It's obviously never that simple, but we are unique in how rich we are without having Middle Eastern investors. Any of Kroos, Asensio, Isco etc. would make losing De Gea slightly less painful.

Dr. StrangeHate

:wenger:

Those are three of the best young players in the world. We will be better off. Don't be so hyperbolic. Dave is exceptional, but I would definitely take your hypothetical deal no questions asked.
Isco would always start for us. Asenjo and Kovacic will be squad players.
De Gea has no equal in world football. He makes saves regularly that very few goalkeepers can. Can you imagine the pressure players feel when they are 1 on 1 with Dr Gea. That pressure causes several misses which are not even considered when determining De Gea's importance.
Real Madrid are struggling despite those three players in their squad. There is no hyperbole, I believe we would we worse off with Kovacic, Isco and Asenjo swapped with De Gea.

United_We_Stand

"The Independent understands that.... Ronaldo, for the first time since arriving at the club in 2009, is not “unsellable”. While Manchester United do not now have interest in their old hero, they are, for example, monitoring the situations of Raphael Varane, Casemiroand - less likely given Luka Modric’s age - Toni Kroos.
Other potential targets for Real are Harry Kane and Eden Hazard, as well as one of the two goalkeepers Thibaut Courtois or David De Gea, but all would be willingly discarded if it meant signing Neymar."

cyberman

Delaney is that friend who copied your homework but rephrased each sentence so it looked like his own

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover

"The Independent understands that.... Ronaldo, for the first time since arriving at the club in 2009, is not “unsellable”. While Manchester United do not now have interest in their old hero, they are, for example, monitoring the situations of Raphael Varane, Casemiroand - less likely given Luka Modric’s age - Toni Kroos.
Other potential targets for Real are Harry Kane and Eden Hazard, as well as one of the two goalkeepers Thibaut Courtois or David De Gea, but all would be willingly discarded if it meant signing Neymar."
Feck those names, we should monitor the situation of Kovacic.

Varun

Staff
Real and Neymar are in for some shock if they think PSG is letting him go.

Status
Not open for further replies.