Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one with raised eyebrows about the Kluivert tweet?
Know nothing about the young lad outside Youtube - thought there was a good chance of him coming to Utd tho...

Will be a huge mistake by Real. I won’t go as far as to say Hazard is a nothing player, but he is not the player everyone seems to think he is. With Hazard, people get very confused between ‘best player in the league’ and ‘most gifted player in the league’. His main concern when he gets the ball os first to show off his fantastic touch, then to change direction two or three times and demonstrate to everyone that his marker can’t get near him, and then maybe pass it square to Cesc. The crowd roar, the commentators go on about what ‘fantastic ability’ he has, which is very true. Still, his concern isn’t to hurt the opposition at all, and he’s more of a decoration for me.

Real’s great forwards have always been about effectiveness, and Hazard will get nowhere near the numbers the current lot get. And I doubt it will bother him either. As long as he shows the Bernabeau how gifted he is.

Surely it is hard to see this as anything other than it being really close. It has gone from "i don't talk about players from other Clubs" to "if he moves, i think we have a chance". As usual i'm not gonna get any expectations until it is official. Been down that road one time too many :wenger:

I don't know what future Mkhitaryan sees at United if (with 2.5 years on his contract) - he turns down Arsenal, irritates Mourinho and turns ever fan against him.
It is of course his right to do so - but he is a brave man if he does

Why swap deals almost never happen.
You can't just wake up and tell a player to go to so and so club.

I don't know what future Mkhitaryan sees at United if (with 2.5 years on his contract) - he turns down Arsenal, irritates Mourinho and turns ever fan against him.
It is of course his right to do so - but he is a brave man if he does

There will be no way back for Miki at Utd. Jose has made it clear he does not see him as part of his plans. That being said the ball is in Miki's court. He has a contract with Utd. He certainly will not accept a lesser off salary agreement, and if he doesnt fancy a move to Arsenal then that is his choice. Perhaps he wants to go to another country. Complicated trying to get him in the deal I think

Are people so happy to let Miki Go? :confused:

Sanchez is a major upgrade on him. I'm not of the opinion that Mkhi has been utter shit for us. He was good in the 2nd half of last season and the first month or so of this season, but his form has dropped off a cliff and I think Jose has completely lost his trust in him

Why swap deals almost never happen.
You can't just wake up and tell a player to go to so and so club.

Not exactly. The main issue is that Big clubs, except in Italy, don’t buy players from each other. As a result, one player in a swap is always going to take a massive step down in prestige and likely salary. If United bought players from Arsenal more often, as opposed to Southampton or the like, surplus players would go the other way, and can also be paid well on the other side.

Arsenal for Mkhitaryan is a good deal, a club that he would probably leave Dortmund for in the first place if they were after him. They want him, and we don’t, he should go.

Happy ? No! Realistic ? Yes!

He will never be good enough here - so it's better for all parties that he finds himself a new club. And I actually think he could do well at Arsenal. I don't mind Mkhitaryn - he did his best. It just didn't work out. He was the wrong player for Mourinho.

If the option was there, I'd add Sanchez and like to see how Mkhi would develop. However, given the fact that Arsenal seem to want him, the choice of Sanchez or Mkhi is so easy. One has shown that he's world class, the other has shown that he'll never reach that level. I've defended Mkhi a lot this season, but either doesn't seem up for it or just doesn't look good enough. Moreover, regardless of this current situation, I think we'd be looking to get rid of him in the summer.

Need the mods start bringing the (thread) ban hammer down on people linking tweets for every Tom, Dick and Harry.

He's French, but of Armenian origin, his Twitter feed is full of NBA chat. Sports guy, good start.

Similar to the Spanish, I assume all Armenians know every other Armenian on earth, so it's probably legit. Him and Mkhi must go way back.

Need the mods start bringing the (thread) ban hammer down on people linking tweets for every Tom, Dick and Harry.
Would you prefer running commentary tweets from Luckhurst or James Robson?

Status
Not open for further replies.