Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

United Pro

Just got in from work - too much to catch up on, can someone please give me the gist on proceedings? Still look like it's happening or are City still sniffing about?
Pretty much nothing has happened. Bouhafsi says we're in negotiation with Arsenal and have categorically rejected their offer of a swap deal for Martial, but negotiations continue.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Pretty much nothing has happened. Bouhafsi says we're in negotiation with Arsenal and have categorically rejected their offer of a swap deal for Martial, but negotiations continue.
Thanks. They're trying to get Martial? Don't bloody think so, glad it was rejected. Just hope talks don't stall enough to allow City to swoop in.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
If all else fails in my life I'm just gonna start calling myself a sports journalist and just starting making shit up that is guaranteed to get clicks, likes and followers. Either that - or President of the United States.

Reactions: langster

United Pro

Thanks. They're trying to get Martial? Don't bloody think so, glad it was rejected. Just hope talks don't stall enough to allow City to swoop in.
Yeah and there are still tweets suggesting that City aren't out of this yet and are debating whether to get involved. This transfer saga seems to have some legs yet. Well I guess more from a results perspective rather than time, as Wenger said it should be concluded within 48 hours and that was over a day ago.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Don't think Martial is completely off the table, but to include him in this deal Arsenal would have to cough up quite a lot of cash on top of alexis. Say, £80m+Alexis? I think United might take that deal

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Don't think Martial is completely off the table, but to include him in this deal Arsenal would have to cough up quite a lot of cash on top of alexis. Say, £80m+Alexis? I think United might take that deal
He's off the table.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I just hope we re not being made a fool of again - even though it's likely not because of our own doing. It seems we re everyone's favorite club to toy with/pick on/use when it suits them. Of course Sanchez could even be a smokescreen of our own making as we've seen with some of our recent transfers. It's like a footie lovers version of a soap opera - you want to not have to watch it all, but dammit what if you miss some kind of plot twist.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Swap deals never happen but journalists and twatters love to talk about them.

Dazzmondo

The fact his agent supposedly went back to City to discuss our offer shows what he really wants. In the end he will likely accept less money after City come up a little.
What reliable source is reporting this 'fact'?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Why on earth would that be an attractive deal for us ? Martial is just starting his career whilst Alexis is on the downward slope of his. We don't need the money as we are not a selling club.

Nick7

they won't do that, though. So yeah Martial is off the table. Said Martial said no to Arsenal as well, so it's dead in the water.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Why on earth would that be an attractive deal for us ? Martial is just starting his career whilst Alexis is on the downward slope of his. We don't need the money as we are not a selling club.
Because you're already getting a better player right now in Alexis, who might yet be better for another couple seasons, and you do have the money to sign the next young phenom, plus you also already have Rashford

Basically, i don't think losing Martial might be such a big loss for you, not now and not going forward...though it would certainly hurt to watch him become a world class player elsewhere.

automaticflare

Because you're already getting a better player right now in Alexis, who might yet be better for another couple seasons, and you do have the money to sign the next young phenom, plus you also already have Rashford

Basically, i don't think losing Martial might be such a big loss for you, not now and not going forward...though it would certainly hurt to watch him become a world class player elsewhere.
martial is our best attacker. the only one who can create something out of nothing of our attackers and beat a man.
You don't move on players like that when you are already trailing behind a team like city, you add to it, and add another player who can do the same and keep the opposition guessing.

I am sure Jose thought Miki would be that player but he has been pretty poor since he came despite scoring a couple of important goals for us. He needs the team to be playing well for him to play well. We have enough of them. We need players who can turn around a team which is playing poor, take the burden on to create and make us play well. We need another insitgator, not another passive player.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Martial will produce for the next decade whereas Alexis may by good for a couple of years. That's obviously not a deal that benefits us.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!

Nonsense. He's one of the biggest talents in European football yet his contribution is more than good enough even at this early stage of his career.

Swapping him for Sanchez would be a terrible deal all things considered.

Nick7

I mean sure, but why not, hear me out, buy Sanchez and keep Martial?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Martial will produce for the next decade whereas Alexis may by good for a couple of years. That's obviously not a deal that benefits us.
But you already have Rashford, Alexis should produce for the next 2-3 years and you have the money to sign the next Martial, or another player like Alexis, etc...

Put it this way instead: Alexis+Ozil+£60m? Would you turn down that?(damn, you could go out and sign Alex Sandro right now with that money, maybe)

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
But you already have Rashford, Alexis should produce for the next 2-3 years and you have the money to sign the next Martial, or another player like Alexis, etc...

Put it this way instead: Alexis+Ozil+£60m? Would you turn down that?(damn, you could go out and sign Alex Sandro right now with that money, maybe)
Money isn't the issue for us. 2 players who are free agents in 6 months time won't make us sell one or the best young talents around.

deafepl

We are not selling clubs like Liverpool or Spurs, that's it.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Rashford isn't near ready at the moment. We want to strengthen our team and exchanging one of our players who has been producing this season for someone who hasn't hit his form of last season and could be a bit of risk makes no sense for us. Money to sign the next Martial? With the way the market is going, the next Martial would cost well over £100M. City aren't offering anyone in exchange. We're offering Mkhitaryan. Mkhitaryan for Sanchez makes sense. Martial doesn't.

Lining up with:

Lukaku
Martial Lingard Sanchez​

with Rashford and Mata on the bench is a lot better than

Lukaku
Rashford Lingard Sanchez
with Mkhitaryan and Mata on the bench.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

We're obviously not interested in selling our best young players who have their entire careers ahead of them for a player who maybe has a couple of years left in the tank. That would be bad business. On the other hand, a player like Mkhitaryan would obviously be a no brainer.

IrishRedDevil

Yes we would turn it down. Why would we accept that? Martial is class and one of our best players who has a long career ahead. You do realise that crazy transfer fees mean similar players are being sold for well over 100m? We could just get Sanchez now, Ozil for free in the summer and if we really wanted him we would just throw £60m at Juve for Sandro.

Status
Not open for further replies.