Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not going to lie that is a fairly shocking thing for Ozil to do, he is basically throwing away any chance of winning anything in his club career, just for a decent pay check.

Shows that unlike Sanchez, he has no ambitions in the game whatsoever.

Not going to lie that is a fairly shocking thing for Ozil to do, he is basically throwing away any chance of winning anything in his club career, just for a decent pay check.

Pep or money?

Just imagine if city got Sanchez and were waiting for ozil to come to us ending up with neither. Both very good players. Jose must have got tipped that he wants to stay, so hijacked Sanchez instead

At least that would end another no. 10 to United rumours. Would like to see a combative midfielder to complement Pogba and Matic. Kante would have been the perfect guy. Alas, I am sure Woody are working on another great deals for the summer.

"Watch this space"

I think Ozil has realised his options were limited. As in, if United weren't in for him, who would be?

That being said, it does smack of a staggering lack of ambition on his part. Particularly given how precarious Arsenal's Champions League qualification is.

Kinda sad, he's genuinely one of, if not the, most creative players in Europe. Hopefully Arsenal get a new manager and rebuild around him.

We were the only club with a realistic chance of silverware seriously linked to him and any need we may have had for Ozil went the moment we signed Alexis.

Think Jose would have been happy to take Ozil in the summer for free, but calmed his interest when there was a chance of Sanchez. Think there could have been an agreement we'd give Arsenal another crack of signing Ozil up, if we went for Sanchez.

Also, Mata signed a new 1 year deal and probably offer him 1 year rolling after that and start blooding in the likes of Gomes, Chong, Gribbin etc if they start making the step up in the next 12 months.

I honestly think that Lingard's performances and improvement has something to do with us not pursuing any deal with Özil right now. We will most likely sign another attacker in the summer as well, and with Mata staying until 2019 (I don't think he'll be sold in the summer if he is fine with being a squad player) and Lingard evolving behind the striker, we will have Martial, Lukaku, Alexis, Lingard, Mata, Rashford and maybe a new signing fighting for 3-4 positions, depending on the opponent. Özil was not needed, though obviously picking this kind of quality up on a free is always a bonus.
I hope we sign an upgrade on Herrera (who can stay as a squad player) and Fellaini in central midfield, move to 4-3-3 and free up Pogba to do the creative part upfront.

Ozil signing a contract is a blessing in disguise really. Great player and would have loved him here, especially on a free, but it would have been going after a flashy player rather than building around a formation / team. Means us as fans can concentrate on an actual midfielder :lol:

So this purchase is going to cost Arsenal a whopping £63,7m! Because we know now that wages = transfer fee.

I don't really understand it but I love Arsenal fan reaction memes to anything Ornstein posts.

350k is a lot. No club would pay him that much.

I think I remember reading him having the same drinking /partying late problem as Vidal

Ya I remember him apologizing for partying on new years.

I wasn't in the best shape on new years either tbf. I'd still have him :)

I'm sad that Özil won't join us. But oh well, he wasn't a necessity, but it would have been great to rub more salt in the Arsenal wounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.