Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate, Phoden is 17 and Diaz is 18. None of the midfielders that are now considered world class were anywhere near ready to play regularly for teams with title and CL ambitions at the age of 17-18. McTominay is now getting some games for us at 21. It's too early for them (Phoden, Diaz) to be worrying about the first team's strength. It'd be like us saying that Angel Gomes' path to the first team is blocked by the arrival of Sanchez or Martial or whoever. The real block for them is that they aren't ready yet and probably won't be for years.

The situation might change drastically for City by 2022 and Phoden might be ready to be closer to the first team by then. He'll only be 21 after all.
Im not arguing they should be getting starts, but when you have the opportunity to provide as backup just for 6 weeks, to provide great experience for development, it must feel pretty sh*tty. You can't deny that has happened at lots of teams and given chances to talented players on the bench. Only City have gone out and bought because of a 6 week injury.

Not even youth - they've got Bernardo Silva (one of Monaco's best players last season) who can slot in fine. Diaz and Foden (Foden coming back from injury) are their youth players in that position. Even Zinchenko was originally an attacking midfielder but he's been converted to LB.

Surely that damn Mourinho had something to do with that.

Wasnt he supposed to be the second, sorry thousandth coming?

Who will Leicester target in the next 24 hours? Sessegnon?

Surely that damn Mourinho had something to do with that.

Wasnt he supposed to be the second, sorry thousandth coming?

Guess they bought him on base of his performance vs Juventus in EL semi final but then Rodgers tried to turn heavy AMR into wing back.

Wonder if we will look to bring anyone in last minute with Blind potentially leaving? leaves us a little short at the back and another body in midfield (even if jose never played him there).

Yeah Blind would be suited to Serie A.

I’d have ridiculed the idea of him leaving last summer but he’s really struggled this year, even as early as pre-season when many thought he could be first choice LB.

He should theoretically be a good utility guy but he’s just not performing well enough in his sporadic appearances. Maybe he just needs to play every week.

If he does leave I’ll wish him all the best. Seems a class act and a clever guy off the pitch. I’d still sooner offer up Darmian.

Happy for Blind to go. Versatility isn't much use when you're a bit crap in each of the positions you play.

Full story Translation

I
mportant news at Roma home about the incoming market. The Pallotta company is in fact dealing with Manchester United for Blind. The Dutch defender, class 1990, has already given his ok for the transfer to the Giallorossi. Rome is at work, in these hours, to try to find an agreement with the English club.

Blind is the 3rd option in LB and about 6th option in CB. We don't need to replace as he has been pretty much useless this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.