Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal pulled their pants down the moment they didn't sell alexis last summer. Now atm they can either allow chelsea to steal giroud, or miss out on auba

i feel like giroud is underrated. has an annoying knack of coming up with important goals

I am glad we signed the player we wanted, seeing Chelsea and Arsenal and other clubs getting desperate to sign players so late in the window is fun. The media would have probably linked us to a gazillion players by now if we would not have signed Sanchez.
I like ED Woodward's and Mourinho approach. They don't feck around with targets.

i feel like giroud is underrated. has an annoying knack of coming up with important goals

I’ve always liked him - but my Arsenal supporting mate says he can be really frustrating and inconsistent - great as a super sub but not good enough to be relied on as a striker

Probably the best second striker a top team can have. He won't win you a title if you have him as your starting striker though.

It gives Chelsea the upperhand in negotiations due to Arsenal being desperate to seal the Aubameyang deal. Giroud for peanuts is a fantastic deal for Chelsea.

Well, so be it. Auba is a far better player than Giroud. Giroud’s playing time is likely to be limited.

The BBC article says Giroud might want a move to get regular game time before the World Cup... But he wont go to Dortmund and wants to go to Chelsea to be a backup there... :/

Ouch. Must be sore for Sociedad fans - aren't they rivals with them being the two biggest Basque clubs?
Yep, that will not go down well. Pretty sure he's there captain as well, so double whammy.

Giroud would be a fantastic signing for Chelsea. Probably the ideal one of those they were linked with and anything under £20m would be great value for money.

He's a hugely underrated player - Chelsea have great crossing the side to provide service and his ability to link the play with Hazard could be devastating. I imagine they'll setup similarly to France with Hazard in the Griezmann role.

Piss off Arsenal. Only sell to us ffs.

Ouch. Must be sore for Sociedad fans - aren't they rivals with them being the two biggest Basque clubs?
Yep. Although on form Eibar are the best Basque side at the moment and it pains me to say it, but good luck to them. City were supposedly after Martinez, now think it was a smokescreen while they were talking to Laporte. I do not know much about Martinez, but can he play the ball out from the back? Laporte was the passer out from defence, the other lads Nunez and Yeray to me are more out and out defenders, a bit like Pallister to Bruce.

Prieto is their captain but I think he is vice captain and was probably earmarked to be their next captain.
Ah yeah, must have been why I thought that. They're in horrible form of late as well, so the future will look pretty bad for them right now.

Yep. Although on form Eibar are the best Basque side at the moment and it pains me to say it, but good luck to them. City were supposedly after Martinez, now think it was a smokescreen while they were talking to Laporte. I do not know much about Martinez, but can he play the ball out from the back? Laporte was the passer out from defence, the other lads Nunez and Yeray to me are more out and out defenders, a bit like Pallister to Bruce.
Martinez is very much a ball player in the Laporte/Stones mould.

Apparently Monaco also want Giroud.

He’s not my favourite player, but I’d love to hear a reasonable explanation for how Giroud, with the market how it is, is moving for the same price as players like Andre Gray, Troy Deeney’s reported fee yesterday, Locadia etc. Really odd by Arsenal.

20m euros for Giroud is damn cheap for this market, think Chelsea wants to feck up Aubameyang's transfer which is quite funny :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.