Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always like Giroud. Hope he goes abroad to Monaco or Dortmund than to Chelsea, although I still don't understand why Arsenal 'Need' to sell him. They can keep him till summer and probably get a better deal.

I've always like Giroud. Hope he goes abroad to Monaco or Dortmund than to Chelsea, although I still don't understand why Arsenal 'Need' to sell him. They can keep him till summer and probably get a better deal.

I agree but guess it's done out of good will. Despite all the flak he has got the guy has over 100 goals in 5 and a bit years.

Last world cup for Giroud coming up. Wants to cement his place.

I agree but guess it's done out of good will. Despite all the flak he has got the guy has over 100 goals in 5 and a bit years.
Yes, I never understood the criticism. He was great with those one two passes in and around the box which Arsenal love to do and usually very involved in their build up play along side the goals he scores.

Last world cup for Giroud coming up. Wants to cement his place.
That probably makes sense. If that's the case, going to Chelsea would probably be more ideal for him. But even there, if Morata regains some form, Giroud is again going to play second fiddle.

20m euros for Giroud is damn cheap for this market, think Chelsea wants to feck up Aubameyang's transfer which is quite funny :lol:

I don't think Chelsea wants to mess up Arsenal. I think they are toying with Conte. The idea might be to avoid any investments until a new manager comes in.

Bartra is headed back to Spain. Betis Sevilla loan until the end of season, then a full four year contract according to Kicker. Maybe he cannot shake the attack in Dortmund or he was just another pro-Tuchel guy not needed anymore like Ginter.

Some people are overeating Giroud.
How many of you would want Giroud as our second striker if we are looking for one.
He's a good player mind but he isn't as good a Dzeko who Chelsea were close to signing.
Of course he's better than Crouch but that's setting the bar too low or maybe too high?!

Giroud is obviously cheap because we're using him to facilitate the PEA transfer.

Dzeko's best seasons are more prolific than Giroud's but he also seems to go missing more than Giroud does. I haven't watched enough of him to say but isn't his defensive contribution less than Giroud's? Giroud does well to bring others into play but so does Dzeko, I think.

There have been comments that Arsenal haven't always played to Giroud's strengths and I would quite like to see how he'd do under Conte, even though I don't want him to go to Chelsea.

Relays castles info of united wanting a midfielder if the right one becomes available even tomorrow.

Dzeko's best seasons are more prolific than Giroud's but he also seems to go missing more than Giroud does. I haven't watched enough of him to say but isn't his defensive contribution less than Giroud's? Giroud does well to bring others into play but so does Dzeko, I think.

There have been comments that Arsenal haven't always played to Giroud's strengths and I would quite like to see how he'd do under Conte, even though I don't want him to go to Chelsea.

Was thinking Dzeko might be an upgrade on Morata myself.

This is why I love that Mourinho tells everyone his transfer plans. I know we are done for January and can relax while all the Arsenal and Chelsea fans around me are swinging between anger and joy each time they check their phones and read the latest rumour.

Some people are overeating Giroud.
How many of you would want Giroud as our second striker if we are looking for one.
He's a good player mind but he isn't as good a Dzeko who Chelsea were close to signing.
Of course he's better than Crouch but that's setting the bar too low or maybe too high?!
Anderson would leave him for dead in the pizza parlour.

Can't post the tweet, since his account is protected but Alan Nixon is saying City are interested in Mahrez now.

I do not know much about Martinez, but can he play the ball out from the back? Laporte was the passer out from defence, the other lads Nunez and Yeray to me are more out and out defenders, a bit like Pallister to Bruce.
Yes, he's better on the ball than Laporte. I don't rate him as a cb though, but think he could be an excellent DM

Man City own 5 of the most expensive defenders if Football history

Van Dijk - €84m
Laporte - €65m
Mendy - €57.5m
Walker - €57m
Stones - €55.6m
Mangala - €53.8m

Man City own 5 of the most expensive defenders if Football history

Van Dijk - €84m
Laporte - €65m
Mendy - €57.5m
Walker - €57m
Stones - €55.6m
Mangala - €53.8m
Still chuckling at VVD going for that much. City will lose a lot of money on Mangala. God knows who will take him off their hands.

Pretty sure that I read some poster writing the exact same thing. Maybe these journos are just reading the fan forums and inventing stories out of thin air

Status
Not open for further replies.