Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be insane of Arsenal to do this. Just keep him till the end of the season at least. Why help Chelsea?
Cause Dortmund only sell Aubameyang, if they can secure a replacement in the next 72 hours and apparently want Batshuayi.

Sadly with Giroud going to Chelsea all the 90 minutes goals will be transferred to them. :(

West Brom have some players I like such as the Egyptians; Hegazi and Ali Gabr. This would be a great signing. Pardew has actually done a pretty good job there, they have been unlucky not to win more games. I hope they stay up.

After his dance in FA cup final I hope they are bottom of the league.

West Brom have some players I like such as the Egyptians; Hegazi and Ali Gabr. This would be a great signing. Pardew has actually done a pretty good job there, they have been unlucky not to win more games. I hope they stay up.

Great for me to see someone interested in these Egyptian players. :D

I think Hegazi has more potential than Gabr though.

Depending on the price we get for Giroud and Aubameyang's fee, we might make a profit this window or come very close to it.

Out: Giroud, Walcott, Coquelin and Sanchez: Walcott and Coquelin went for £32 million, if Giroud goes for £35 million that's £67 million in fees received.

In: Aubemayang and Mhki for £55 million

Three of those have been nothing more than squad players this year.

EDIT:

I don't particularly rate Giroud, opposition fans tend to note his last minute goals and occasional worldies but don't pay attention when he goes 10-12 games without scoring or misses easy chances.

Chelsea want a target man. They've been linked with Dzeko, Crouch, Barnes, Carroll and have now settled on Giroud.
Of all those names Giroud is the best.
I'm baffled by the average names they've been linked to. It seems Abramovic has really closed the pipe.

Of all those names Giroud is the best.
I'm baffled by the average names they've been linked to. It seems Abramovic has really closed the pipe.
Names like Giroud and Dzeko make sense as a backup/rotation option. We'd hardly spend massive money when we already have our main #9.

I'd be very happy with Giroud. Compared to the utter shite we were linked with last week he's a godsend.

Names like Giroud and Dzeko make sense as a backup/rotation option. We'd hardly spend massive money when we already have our main #9.

I'd be very happy with Giroud. Compared to the utter shite we were linked with last week he's a godsend.
Agreed.
Džeko is a good player, other names are.. what.. Why would you go for them.

That is a staggering amount for a championship club to reject!

6th in the table, 5 points from 2nd place Derby (albeit having played one more game). They surely want to do all they can to gain promotion. Not that easy to recruit good enough players for challenging for promotion with 3 days left of the window.

That makes no sense to me. With Mkhitayan and Aubameyang, surely Wenger has hopes of making the top four. Giroud would help Chelsea and likely ensure Arsenal don't catch them. Why help a rival?

Exactly. It would make more sense to not get Auba and simply sign another striker.

"there's an intricate legal formula that would allow him to leave Paris for €300m if a series of conditions are met" That sounds like the most ridiculous bullshit ever.
actually sounds very likely to be true to me. Likely one of the conditions is PSG being banned from CL by UEFA

That makes no sense to me. With Mkhitayan and Aubameyang, surely Wenger has hopes of making the top four. Giroud would help Chelsea and likely ensure Arsenal don't catch them. Why help a rival?

It makes all the sense. Dortmund wouldn't sell without a replacement and Giroud wouldn't go there. Chelsea can give them Batshuayi but not without a replacement their end. They want a target man and Arsenal are happy to sell Giroud.

Preferably Giroud to avoid Chelsea but this is the only way they can seemingly get Aubameyang.

From Giroud's point of view, bar more money, why move to Chelsea, a team he'll surely be no more a regular at then Arsenal?

What happens to Lacazette, the £50m man? Will he play wide, or just be benched?

From Giroud's point of view, bar more money, why move to Chelsea, a team he'll surely be no more a regular at then Arsenal?

Staying in London is his only reason I assume.

I think Auba will be the one playing wide.

Giroud would get plenty of playing time here. Morata has already been suspended once and has had 2 fatigue related injuries. We're still in 3 competitions. If he's fit he'll play.

Can even see us deploying both Morata & Giroud together with Hazard behind them against certain opponents.

Like Cech moving in the opposite direction he has a young family he probably doesn't want to uproot. It's going to be bloody weird seeing him playing for a rival.

And there would only be Morata to contend with, rather than Aubameyang and Lacazette, and Morata's position doesn't seem secure. So family and a better chance of playing for France.

Status
Not open for further replies.