Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see West Ham have now entered their favoured "enquire about every single footballer on the planet" mode.

The oil club needs to keep spending to stay relevant. It's the only thing they have going for them as a club.

Not sure what you are talking about, player spent all his savings and took loan to buy out his contact. He is even playing for free to play for Pep.

You are not comparing two strikers.

Depends on how you define "striker", I guess.
I know that they play different positions but in my book Sanchez is indeed a striker.
I would agree that Sanchez is more talented and Aubameyang is certainly a late bloomer, but the application of his "limited" talent is rather special.
Also, calling Aubameyang being"half the talent" Sanchez is, is way over the top.

Loaning players to Scotland is proving to be a good thing, we should all be looking to do that more. Mitchell is doing great up there.

It’s a terrible standard of football, might as well loan Mitchell to my Power League team.

Depends on how you define "striker", I guess.
I know that they play different positions but in my book Sanchez is indeed a striker.
I would agree that Sanchez is more talented and Aubameyang is certainly a late bloomer, but the application of his "limited" talent is rather special.
Also, calling Aubameyang being"half the talent" Sanchez is, is way over the top.

Sanchez isn't a striker, he is an attacking player but he isn't a striker. Sanchez adds to the finishing a creativity that Aubameyang doesn't not have, he is also far better technically. All of that doesn't mean that Aubameyang isn't a good player but he isn't close to Sanchez.

Sanchez isn't a striker, he is an attacking player but he isn't a striker. Sanchez adds to the finishing a creativity that Aubameyang doesn't not have, he is also far better technically. All of that doesn't mean that Aubameyang isn't a good player but he isn't close to Sanchez.

I would put it like this:
Sanchez is a striker who doesn't play as a CF often, but he has all the traits of a striker.
He is quite selfish, likes to dribble, often opts to strike on goal by himself when teammates are in good positions and is very good at finishing with both feet.
Aubameyang is not as good as Sanchez with the ball at his feet. In this department I would agree with your assessment of being "half the talent".
However, "talent" doesn't stop there. Athleticism is one part of "talent" as well. As are spatial awareness and timing. Aubameyang is top class in all three departments.
His shooting with both feet is on par with Sanchez and Aubameyang is real threat in the air.
Not sure, how you come up with a verdict like being "half the talent", except if you overemphazise being good with the ball at your feet as the most important part of being talented.

I would put it like this:
Sanchez is a striker who doesn't play as a CF often, but he has all the traits of a striker.
He is quite selfish, likes to dribble, often opts to strike on goal by himself when teammates are in good positions and is very good at finishing with both feet.
Aubameyang is not as good as Sanchez with the ball at his feet. In this department I would agree with your assessment of being "half the talent".
However, "talent" doesn't stop there. Athleticism is one part of "talent" as well. As are spatial awareness and timing. Aubameyang is top class in all three departments.
His shooting with both feet is on par with Sanchez and Aubameyang is real threat in the air.
Not sure, how you come up with a verdict like being "half the talent", except if you overemphazise being good with the ball at your feet as the most important part of being talented.

It's called an hyperbole.

Can someone tell me that music in the beginning of the besiktas video. It’s at the tip of my tongue but I can’t quite place it

Here's why this article falls a bit flat for me.

City haven't spent that £80m+ on a single player because they haven't spent big money on a forward in the last couple of years. You spend more on attackers. That isn't rocket science.

Sane was about £45m I think. And he was 20-21 years old. That was huge money for him.

They have spent absolutely massive fees for defenders. Only one other club in the world has a defender that cost over £50m. City are about to have 4, with £35m and £42m reserves.

So in context, City have spent huge fees relative to the positions they've bought. They got Delayed Bruyne just before things went mad and paid a pretty penny for him. Absolutely worth every penny mind. Great player.

£50m for Sterling was huge as he was young, buy bs looking more and more worth it. City will have 7 players in their starting line up costing over £50m. We have 2, and one other who's left since.

Status
Not open for further replies.