Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoo

Info @francefootball #Lucas is currently in London. It is negotiating with #Tottenham for a permanent transfer.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
He's not for sale this window. They need reinforcing so the transfer makes sense. He won't be match sharp though so won't make an immediate impact imo.
I thought it was that he was for sale but only if Bordeaux keep him until the end of the season? Malcom will be wanting to go somewhere he can realistically start and Lucas takes up his position so can't see them going back in for Malcom once the season is over.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
I thought it was that he was for sale but only if Bordeaux keep him until the end of the season? Malcom will be wanting to go somewhere he can realistically start and Lucas takes up his position so can't see them going back in for Malcom once the season is over.
I think the point of Spurs buying this window is so they get much needed reinforcing before the CL Knockouts start. They were dropping points earlier in the year during the CL Group stages when it exposed their questionable squad depth in attack. That kind of rules out Malcom for Spurs and probably also why Arsenal backed out, both clubs want reinforcing now.

GM K

You've not answered my question though. Why Neymar would prefer Real is obvious. What I'm asking is why would PSG sell? I'd be very surprised if there's a release clause and that too at those figures. It'd be a net loss to Neymar given the extras they'd have paid Neymar to join them.
Neymar seems to be becoming a problem at PSG. Rumours of dressing room unrests, his ego spats with Cavani, the who-takes-the-penalty disputes, fans booing Neymar for the penalty situation, etc.

Boycott

Never got the big deal about Lucas Moura. I remember the summer of 2012 when after missing out on Hazard it looked like Moura would come to Old Trafford. From the highlights and Olympic performances he looked a big downgrade. And he hasn't exactly set the world alight at PSG.

United_We_Stand

Did someone not say previously it’s illegal to have a release clause in a contract in France?
Are you sure? Many outlets (including Sky) have reported that Jean Seri has a release clause in his contract at Nice.

Manchester United are one of a number of clubs chasing Nice midfielder Jean Michael Seri, according to Sky sources.
The in-demand Seri joined Nice from Portuguese side Pacos de Ferreira in 2015 and is believed to have a release clause of around £33m in his contract, which expires at the end of next season.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Are you sure? Many outlets (including Sky) have reported that Jean Seri has a release clause in his contract at Nice.
Release clauses are officially illegal in France in accordance with LFP rules. The only way in which such a clause could exist is if a separate contract not ratified by the French league was signed between a club and player.

Hammerfell

Does anyone else have a largely irrational hatred of tweets that say "the situation"?

MAME DIOUF 32

Doesn't Sissoko play a decent number of games on the right for Spurs? Pretty much any wide player in world football is an upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.