Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
We already have Sanchez to play at the number 10 / right wing position. I think we will just sign a mid in the summer and may be a young attacker and that's it. Mata , Fellaini , Blind and Darmian will probably leave. Still we have Matic, Pogba,Herrera,New signing and Pereira for the mid position.
And in the attack we will have Sanchez,Martial,Lingard,Lukaku,Rashford and Mata/new signing.

Can't see us signing more than two for sure !!
Getting two is mistake. Ideally we get RB and/ a LB. Then two midfielders and 1 attacker. Thats 5 players.

With Blind, Darmian, Carrick, Fellaini, Zlatan most likely leaving the club we need numbers as much a quality.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
Getting two is mistake. Ideally we get RB and/ a LB. Then two midfielders and 1 attacker. Thats 5 players.

With Blind, Darmian, Carrick, Fellaini, Zlatan most likely leaving the club we need numbers as much a quality.
So nice to see you have zero faith in our young players, as Mensah can play at right back, and we have two players for the left back position, why would we need another, Young is good for another season, unless there is an outstanding player that comes into our lap, then we really don't need another left back.

Do you not wish to see more from McTominay? As if your wish to sign two new midfielders happens, then that will reduce his game time chances, and he doesn't really deserve that.

He has looked good for us whenever he has played, so I would love to see more from him, and I have faith in him continuing to improve and develop further if given that chance to do so.
So sure sign another one for added depth reasons, but two is pushing things a bit far.

One more attacker when we have Martial/Rashford/Sanchez and Lukaku, that can play up front, just why would we need another one there? How many games realistically could or would a new striker play with those players already at the club??

As exciting as signing a new striker always is, especially if they are on Sanchez's level, we are stocked up currently there, so signing another one just seems rather pointless.

So signing five players just seems very much uncalled for and unnecessary.

rotherham_red

Why do we need a 10 and a winger with Sanchez already here.

How would your hypothetical new team line up?

I expect Jose to go 433 and for us to see something like...

DDG
Valencia Bailly Jones/Lindelof Shaw
Matic
New CM Pogba
Sanchez Lukaku Martial

We'd then have

Romero / J.Pereira
Young
Lindelof/Jones
Smalling
Pereira
Young DM
Lingard
Herrera
Rashford
Mata
New Winger

All on the bench. That's with only 3 signings and 2 of those being ready to start.
I think Jose is pretty wedded to the 4-2-3-1 and he'll play it more often than not. In the big games it might be a 4-3-3 and that is where the winger would come in for the balance of left and right footed attackers. It's all about options in attack and flexibility.

A 10 is needed because right now, the only creative outlet in our team is Pogba. We've all seen what happens to us when he's unavailable or off-colour. We're simply half the team we could be. The ideal for this role would be Dybala, but Ozil is equally as good an option. I'd sell Mata to make space for the 10 and he would nominally take Mata's current role from the right in a 4-3-3 and take the 10 role in the 4-2-3-1.

The winger would probably be a squad option in the form of a youngster with promise who won't mind being on the bench and picking up experience while refining his game eg. Malcom or maybe even Pulisic. By the time the player is ready, Sanchez will be on the wind down and he can effectively replace him without us skipping a beat.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I think Jose is pretty wedded to the 4-2-3-1 and he'll play it more often than not. In the big games it might be a 4-3-3 and that is where the winger would come in for the balance of left and right footed attackers. It's all about options in attack and flexibility.

A 10 is needed because right now, the only creative outlet in our team is Pogba. We've all seen what happens to us when he's unavailable or off-colour. We're simply half the team we could be. The ideal for this role would be Dybala, but Ozil is equally as good an option. I'd sell Mata to make space for the 10 and he would nominally take Mata's current role from the right in a 4-3-3 and take the 10 role in the 4-2-3-1.

The winger would probably be a squad option in the form of a youngster with promise who won't mind being on the bench and picking up experience while refining his game eg. Malcom or maybe even Pulisic. By the time the player is ready, Sanchez will be on the wind down and he can effectively replace him without us skipping a beat.
So what would your 11 be for big games and I'm guessing a tweaked 11 for normal games so lay that one out for me aswell please.

There is also a tweet earlier in this thread suggesting Mourinho is looking for a cm to free Pogba up with leads to him favouring the 433

Classical Mechanic

I think it could easily prove to be astute scouting and business over the next season or 2. The players aren’t very expensive and have big reputations, CL experience and are still young so they could be sold on again for a lot more if they improve...
Do you like the look of Aurier? Looks mediocre at best to me. Lucas has been a disappointment at PSG too.

Mihai

We need a great deep-lying playmaker/B2B and a right winger. Pereira, TFM and Tuanzebe will fill in the other holes once we get rid of all deadwood (Carrick, Ibra, Darmian, Blind, Mata, Herrera, Fellaini)
I think we will go for a young cm, like that Seri kid and a more established midfielder, probably ozil.

Carrick and Ibra are definitely gone, Fellaini - most probably, Blind and Darmian - maybe. I don't think we are going to sell both Mata and Herrera, as they both seem to accept the squad role.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Two players I reckon

A top class CM and a right back.

I think Fellaini will end up staying and Herrera may go. I'd expect blind to go too. With Carrick and Ibra to retire.

Often the biggest growth of a team is when they are strong and don't make too many changes.

Think united in the summers of 2002 (Rio) and 2006 (Carrick)

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
We already have Sanchez to play at the number 10 / right wing position. I think we will just sign a mid in the summer and may be a young attacker and that's it. Mata , Fellaini , Blind and Darmian will probably leave. Still we have Matic, Pogba,Herrera,New signing and Pereira for the mid position.
And in the attack we will have Sanchez,Martial,Lingard,Lukaku,Rashford and Mata/new signing.

Can't see us signing more than two for sure !!
Agree I think Jose will look to move on Darmain Mata Herrera Blind think Fellaini will rightly sign a new deal (he’s earned it for me). I wasn’t a big Herrra fan when he was getting the plaudits I thought his performances were over stated with a few very good ones. He’s a good player but the difference in him and Matic or Pogba in quality is stark and I’ve not forgotten a right few posters that were giving me it really tight for saying I’d rather have Matic any day in my team.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Do you like the look of Aurier? Looks mediocre at best to me. Lucas has been a disappointment at PSG too.
Aurier isn’t finished improving yet.
Moura needs more games. He’s been effective when he’s played.
Clearly enough you can see PSG and Spurs have made lots of good signings over the last few years. Mostly young players with big potential. It’s just while PSG can’t play everyone they seem to be scouting the right profile of player.

032Devil

That's exactly what he will mean. Once the World Cup starts the market almost grinds to a halt.
But during a world cup there are always undiscovered jewels that are uncovered. Perhaps an option should be left open to buy a player (at least), post-WC.

John Keiler

So nice to see you have zero faith in our young players, as Mensah can play at right back, and we have two players for the left back position, why would we need another, Young is good for another season, unless there is an outstanding player that comes into our lap, then we really don't need another left back.

Do you not wish to see more from McTominay? As if your wish to sign two new midfielders happens, then that will reduce his game time chances, and he doesn't really deserve that.

He has looked good for us whenever he has played, so I would love to see more from him, and I have faith in him continuing to improve and develop further if given that chance to do so.
So sure sign another one for added depth reasons, but two is pushing things a bit far.

One more attacker when we have Martial/Rashford/Sanchez and Lukaku, that can play up front, just why would we need another one there? How many games realistically could or would a new striker play with those players already at the club??

As exciting as signing a new striker always is, especially if they are on Sanchez's level, we are stocked up currently there, so signing another one just seems rather pointless.

So signing five players just seems very much uncalled for and unnecessary.
From what I have seen so far, to me, he is far too lightweight for the first team.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
From what I have seen so far, to me, he is far too lightweight for the first team.
Lightweight is definitely not an accusation you can level at him. Not creative enough maybe, but he's a big lad that's strong so I don't know where you're getting lightweight ftom

Alabaster Codify7

Tim Cahill is football's answer to Mummrah, the Ever-living.

In 2073, he'll be playing in the Indonesian league, doing his stupid boxing-the-corner-flag routine.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Considering he is going to spurs, means he won't be costing much. We should have gone for him considering he gives a totally different option of an out-an-out winger on the right.
All players we have for that position drift inside.. we might have missed a trick here.

Infra-red

Considering he is going to spurs, means he won't be costing much. We should have gone for him considering he gives a totally different option of an out-an-out winger on the right.
All players we have for that position drift inside.. we might have missed a trick here.
I think he's quite a good player. His decision making is letting him down and I think that has stalled his progress at PSG, but Pochettino seems to be relatively adept at developing that side of a player's game. Could be a good signing for them.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I think he's quite a good player. His decision making is letting him down and I think that has stalled his progress at PSG, but Pochettino seems to be relatively adept at developing that side of a player's game. Could be a good signing for them.
Lets see how he does at spurs [if he signs of course]
I had similar views regarding Aurier, but he ain't that good.

haram

We just signed Sanchez. If we are going to sign a RW he might as well be a good one rather than adding average players we have worked to remove from the squad.

Idxomer

Moura has been completely frozen out this season, his minutes all season in Ligue 1 haven't even reached 90.

You can't just bring a player who lacks match rhythm in the middle of the season and have any sort of expectations of how he's going to perform. It's simply a risk we can't take right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.