Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Mourinho doesn't talk about players from other teams but was talking about Ronaldo earlier, and Sanchez before we signed him.
Hopefully his market is short though, ideally get everyone in before the World Cup starts but whether it's that simple is anyone's guess

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
thats not good
I really would read anything into what he’s saying on the summer market right now. That could also mean a lot of things, maybe he means we’ll be buying all our players before the World Cup in a short time frame? Maybe he means just one or two? It really could mean anything.

No point worrying about it. He’s doing a good job.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Its actually a smart way to lessen speculation and avoid other clubs ratcheting up their fees.
It is, but Jose has been honest with the press since he joined us. I believe him, which is worrying for me

Dante

Average bang
thats not good
Nobody anywhere can guess how long a negotiation will take.

If we start bidding for only one player in June, we might wrap up the transfer in 3 days or it could take 3 months. It's going depend on the whilms of the player, his family, his agent, the selling club, etc.

With that in mind, there's no way Mourinho's comment about it being a 'short window' would be indicative of how much business we intend do. The number of players we target has no bearing on the shortness of the bidding process. Instead, I think that Mourinho believes that we've already agreed terms with our main targets and that all that's left is the official confirmation. In terms of duration of the window, that's the only thing that makes sense.

I reckon two players will do it. We're on the cusp of being elite again. The players who are going to make the difference are already in the bag.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m sure I’ve said it before but I always find it incredible that Moura was seemingly a nipper when we were linked with him a few years back and now he all of a sudden looks older than my Dad.

RedRom

"Where's Lingard?"
I'm taking this to mean we won't be bringing in many players, likely 2, which would be a mistake, IMO.
Why would I be a mistake??

How many players do you honestly think we need to buy and in which areas??

Lets have a think about it, do we need a goalkeeper? No, even if Romero leaves, Periera is a good number two (presumably Johnstone will leave), so we are good there.

Left back? Young and Shaw are good enough for next season, we can replace Young in summer 2019.

Right back? Valencia is top quality still, and we have Mensah to come back, and he can be his deputy there.

Centrebacks?? Well even if we sold Blind and maybe Rojo, we would still have Bailly, Jones, Smalling, Lindelof, Tunzabe and even Mensah can play there, so I think that we are covered there for players.

DM? We have Matic, so yeah we could do with an extra body here, so that is one extra.

CM? Herrera and McTominay could play here, so maybe and extra person, two then.

CAM? Well this is where Periera, Lingard, Pogba, and Sanchez could play, so I think that we are covered there.

LM? Rashford/Martial/Sanchez, again we have more than enough here.

RM? Mata/Sanchez/Rashford, a small possibility of one extra here, so let's say three.

CF? Lukaku/Martial/Rashford/Sanchez, nope no-one is needed or required here.

I have not included people like Carrick, Ibra or Fellaini, as they most likely all will not be with us next season.

So at best we could do with three players, but realistically even just two would be fine, so I don't see the panic, or the worries that I am picking up from your post, if we don't sign loads of players, as we really don't need to do so, we have a good in-depth squad as it is currently.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
No surprise by the short window comment really. With the world cup and the English market closing earlier, it literally will be a short window.

Also don't expect too many signings.

One attacker to replace Mata/Lingard
One CM to play next to Pogba and Matic when we go 433.
One full back to challenge Valencia/Shaw

Pereira will return to fill another of the CM slots vacated by Fellaini and Carrick.

tomaldinho1

Short is a measurement of distance (in this case referring to time), not a quantity. Jeez.

F1D

I cannot embed but there are rumours of Chelsea enquiring about Giroud :lol:

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
short transfer market can mean anything, he didnt say not much transfers incoming or whatever.
It could well be, we don't know what Jose meant. I took it to mean we won't be very busy in the window.

Maybe the likes of Shaw, Lingard and Martial have given him second thoughts.

rotherham_red

Lets have a think about it, do we need a goalkeeper? No, even if Romero leaves, Periera is a good number two (presumably Johnstone will leave), so we are good there.

Left back? Young and Shaw are good enough for next season, we can replace Young in summer 2019.

Right back? Valencia is top quality still, and we have Mensah to come back, and he can be his deputy there.

Centrebacks?? Well even if we sold Blind and maybe Rojo, we would still have Bailly, Jones, Smalling, Lindelof, Tunzabe and even Mensah can play there, so I think that we are covered there for players.

DM? We have Matic, so yeah we could do with an extra body here, so that is one extra.

CAM? Well this is where Periera, Lingard, Pogba, and Sanchez could play, so I think that we are covered there.

RM? Mata/Sanchez/Rashford, a small possibility of one extra here, so let's say three.

I have not included people like Carrick, Ibra or Fellaini, as they most likely all will not be with us next season.

So at best we could do with three players, but realistically even just two would be fine, so I don't see the panic, or the worries that I am picking up from your post, if we don't sign loads of players, as we really don't need to do so, we have a good in-depth squad as it is currently.
A 10, at least one midfielder, and a left footed winger to play off the right are absolute musts. After that, a LB is a maybe if Shaw proves unreliable. That's 3 absolute must haves and one maybe. If we only buy 2 we'll have basically stood still when City are already a mile away, and are likely to spend big again.

You're also putting a whole load of faith in a lot of players who have either a) let us down badly these last three years; b) have proven themselves incompetent and now hardly get a game; or c) have not done enough to be trusted with even the responsibility of a squad role.

We went down a similar route in Jose's first season, where he hardly let anyone go: look where that left us in the league.

TrebleFan99

thats not good
Might not be a bad thing. The club are probably working on 2 or 3 deals now and hope to wrap them up soon after the season ends.

Better than being involved in a summers long transfer saga imo. Get the players in for a proper pre season as much as possible with a WC.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Would need to get Kroos, Asensio and €50-60m to give to Atlético.
I like that Oblak is only worth €50-60m but De Gea is apparently worth more than Neymar.

I never thought the guy I consider is the best GK in the world could be vastly over-rated, but somehow this forum has achieved that feat.

rotherham_red

How many do you think we need? I don't think we're after any more than 3, and I could probably accept 2.
In an ideal world, we need 4:
A 10, 2 CMs and a left footed winger for balance. And potentially a LB as well to phase out Young and provide proper competition/replace Shaw - we only have Lukaku and Mata who are the lefties right now in attack. Lukaku isn't someone who does his best work out wide and Mata finally looks like he's been feeling the effects of being flogged by three successive managers and we've seen the best of him. He does need to be sold or let go and we need to bring in someone who can replace him who has pace, cutting edge, and dribbling skills - like Pulisic, for example. Maybe we can hold off on that til next Summer, but if Jose wants us to properly challenge next season, this position has to feature pretty high on the list. The CMs are pretty self evident and so is the 10 with Miki's departure and the question marks over Lingard's form being a purple patch or not.

Seven Seas Sardines

I like that Oblak is only worth €50-60m but De Gea is apparently worth more than Neymar.

I never thought the guy I consider is the best GK in the world could be vastly over-rated, but somehow this forum has achieved that feat.
The market decides the prices. If we don't want to sell the best GK in the world for less, we don't need to.

Rajma

In the market where Southampton's CB goes for €85mln it is only natural that it will take something north of €130mln for us to consider selling undisputed world's best GK from the top club like United which is in no need of money.

Mihai

I'm taking this to mean we won't be bringing in many players, likely 2, which would be a mistake, IMO.
Jose said before that we would be looking to sign 3 players in summer. We have Sanchez now and I expect two more signings.

Seven Seas Sardines

Jose said before that we would be looking to sign 3 players in summer. We have Sanchez now and I expect two more signings.
We need a great deep-lying playmaker/B2B and a right winger. Pereira, TFM and Tuanzebe will fill in the other holes once we get rid of all deadwood (Carrick, Ibra, Darmian, Blind, Mata, Herrera, Fellaini)

L1nk

If the rumor of Madrid wanting De Gea again is to be believed and this is the summer he finally goes we would need a replacement, however if Romero leaves I would agree with you and put Pereira as #2

Centrebacks: I personally don't think we need a signing here, that is if Tuanzebe impresses on loan, fact is Smalling isn't good enough, Jones is a crock, Lindelof needs time still, Bailly is good but lets see how he returns from injury.

DM: Need another besides Matic for sure.

CM: Herrera has been poor as of late and McTominay needs a loan, I personally don't see him making it here, we need a quality addition.

Everything else I agree with, unless Mata goes, then we should bring in another attacker.

In an ideal world we'd be rid of Blind, Smalling, Fellaini, Ibra, Darmian, possibly Rojo..

I still have concerns regarding Lingard and Rashford, more so Lingard, Rashford is still young and can still grow. Lingard is 25, i understand he's had a couple of great months and it's fantastic for him and the team, but let's not forget we had seasons of average dross from him before that, i'd like to see him be consistently this great for the better part of a season before I jump entirely on the bandwagon of him being on the team sheet week in week out.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
A 10, at least one midfielder, and a left footed winger to play off the right are absolute musts. After that, a LB is a maybe if Shaw proves unreliable. That's 3 absolute must haves and one maybe. If we only buy 2 we'll have basically stood still when City are already a mile away, and are likely to spend big again.

You're also putting a whole load of faith in a lot of players who have either a) let us down badly these last three years; b) have proven themselves incompetent and now hardly get a game; or c) have not done enough to be trusted with even the responsibility of a squad role.

We went down a similar route in Jose's first season, where he hardly let anyone go: look where that left us in the league.
In an ideal world, we need 4:
A 10, 2 CMs and a left footed winger for balance. And potentially a LB as well to phase out Young and provide proper competition/replace Shaw - we only have Lukaku and Mata who are the lefties right now in attack. Lukaku isn't someone who does his best work out wide and Mata finally looks like he's been feeling the effects of being flogged by three successive managers and we've seen the best of him. He does need to be sold or let go and we need to bring in someone who can replace him who has pace, cutting edge, and dribbling skills - like Pulisic, for example. Maybe we can hold off on that til next Summer, but if Jose wants us to properly challenge next season, this position has to feature pretty high on the list. The CMs are pretty self evident and so is the 10 with Miki's departure and the question marks over Lingard's form being a purple patch or not.
Why do we need a 10 and a winger with Sanchez already here.

How would your hypothetical new team line up?

I expect Jose to go 433 and for us to see something like...

DDG
Valencia Bailly Jones/Lindelof Shaw
Matic
New CM Pogba
Sanchez Lukaku Martial

We'd then have

Romero / J.Pereira
Young
Lindelof/Jones
Smalling
Pereira
Young DM
Lingard
Herrera
Rashford
Mata
New Winger

All on the bench. That's with only 3 signings and 2 of those being ready to start.

Ephrem

We already have Sanchez to play at the number 10 / right wing position. I think we will just sign a mid in the summer and may be a young attacker and that's it. Mata , Fellaini , Blind and Darmian will probably leave. Still we have Matic, Pogba,Herrera,New signing and Pereira for the mid position.
And in the attack we will have Sanchez,Martial,Lingard,Lukaku,Rashford and Mata/new signing.

Can't see us signing more than two for sure !!

Pavl3n

:nono:

These guys are on the blacklist. They're useless. Don't use them/post anything of theirs.
Last time someone posted their tweet, they were saying Sanchez will be in the team sheet for the Yeovil game.

Status
Not open for further replies.