Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
we dont need him we have fellani and we also have a good amount of homegrown players already (unlike chavs)

I didn't say we don't need him. I said if we're the ones linked to him and imagine how you'll be underwhelmed by the prospect of him signing. This is underwhelming signing from every aspect. I mean if they want another sub surely they can get someone better than Andy fecking Carroll.

It's just another average signing added to the big list of average but hardworking players their squad is felt with.

I didn't say we don't need him. I said if we're the ones linked to him and imagine how you'll be underwhelmed by the prospect of him signing. This is underwhelming signing from every aspect. I mean if they want another sub surely they can get someone better than Andy fecking Carroll.

It's just another average signing added to the big list of average but hardworking players their squad is felt with.

if we were the ones linked with him there would be an out cry because whats the point of his signing for us? he is a good fit for chelsea squad especially after missing out on his spanish version in Llorente. They need him we dont and i would be upset if we filled a squad place with him when we have no use for such a player

Sanchez goes to City, Aubameyang goes to Arsenal, Fellaini signs a new 3 year deal and Mkhitaryan gets consigned to the U23s! Don't think my constitution could take that scenario.

Only the signing of Carroll to Chelsea would ease any pain at that point.

I just hope that Arsenal get one of their targets before it is too late. I don't blame Mkhi for not wanting to go there but it's such a bitch that the deal is dependent on it...if reports are to be believed.

if we were the ones linked with him there would be an out cry because whats the point of his signing for us? he is a good fit for chelsea squad especially after missing out on his spanish version in Llorente. They need him we dont and i would be upset if we filled a squad place with him when we have no use for such a player

So your point is if, for example, we don't have Fellaini in the team we wouldn't have been underwhelmed if we're linked to Andy Carroll ?

people may laugh but this signing makes alot of sense for chelsea . He will be happy to sit on the bench and will be a great option to come off when chasing a result

People have demolished us for a similar situation with Fellaini. At least Fellaini played well at Everton.

Conte getting crap players, and when he is done with it, he will leave Chelsea, and say "F*** off Roman! This is what you get when you F*** with me over Lukaku...and what not.. Now live with it!"
Maybe conte is getting his revenge in now before he leaves. Barkley? Carroll? Just sayin!

Conte getting crap players, and when he is done with it, he will leave Chelsea, and say "F*** off Roman! This is what you get when you F*** with me over Lukaku...and what not.. Now live with it!"

Couldn't help picturing Conte screaming at Roman, "You Little man!! You very, very senile little man!! You will remain a little man!" and then he spits on the carpet, storms out, bangs the door and takes the next flight to Milan. Roman is left stunned and wondering why the hell he fired Mourinho.

Chelsea really are in for Carroll. They're not taking the piss. It's absolutely brilliant! I thought the days of us rolling around because one of our rivals paid real money for Carroll in January were long gone, but no. I think Mourinho must have really got to Conte and he's lost it. He's gone full Souness.

Last edited:
Couldn't help picturing Conte screaming at Roman, "You Little man!! You very, very senile little man!! You will remain a little man!" and then he spits on the carpet, storms out, bangs the door and takes the next flight to Milan.

"You got me Barkley and Andy Carroll, I'll never forget this!"

Is there really any difference between Spurs signing Llorente and Chelsea signing Carroll?

Nobody sneered at the Llorente deal (rightly, he's a good back-up option who offers something different) but people will at Carroll (3 years younger too) because he's British, 'hard-Brexit' type signing.

He'll be a decent option as back-up/off the bench for Chelsea, certainly better than Batshuayi.

Their main problem at the moment is how negatively Conte has started setting up their team.

Is there really any difference between Spurs signing Llorente and Chelsea signing Carroll?

Nobody sneered at the Llorente deal (rightly, he's a good back-up option who offers something different) but people will at Carroll (3 years younger too) because he's British, 'hard-Brexit' type signing.

He'll be a decent option as back-up/off the bench for Chelsea, certainly better than Batshuayi.

Their main problem at the moment is how negatively Conte has started setting up their team.

He's not better than Batshuayi?

There is a difference. Batshuayi is better than Carroll and less injury prone. Llorente was an upgrade on Janssen.

Or, not because he's British, but because he can't stay fit and isn't that good. As opposed to Llorente who scored lots of goals for Swansea in the season before he joined Spurs, not to mention his pretty much stellar reputation before that.

He's not better than Batshuayi?

There is a difference. Batshuayi is better than Carroll and less injury prone. Llorente was an upgrade on Janssen.

He probably is though, at least he would be for Chelsea. Batshuayi is horrendous whenever he starts games and looks totally unsuited to the physicality of the Prem and/or Conte's style.

Looking around for a target man to regularly sit on the bench, not many better out there than Carroll. People look at it through the lense of other clubs making stellar signings but he would be a good squad man at Chelsea IMO.

Couldn't help picturing Conte screaming at Roman, "You Little man!! You very, very senile little man!! You will remain a little man!" and then he spits on the carpet, storms out, bangs the door and takes the next flight to Milan. Roman is left stunned and wondering why the hell he fired Mourinho.

I wouldn't imagine called Roman a 'little man' would be a very good idea...

He'd probably just sit there, with that always there weird smile, but I imagine there'd be 'consequences'.

@Bicycle seat sniffer That twitter link is a photoshop of lindelof.

I can't post in the thread....

Proof in the replies to tweet

Keep this thread for actual transfer tweets and not explanations of why other tweets are shopped. The tweets posted here show up in the Tweets only feed so people don't want to see this sort of thing there.

Chelsea have made a firm approach for Roma left-back Emerson Palmieri, who has also been linked with Juventus and Liverpool.

According to Sky Sport Italia transfer guru Gianluca Di Marzio, Antonio Conte has set his sights on the Italian-Brazilian.

It’s a risky move, because Emerson has just recovered from a torn anterior cruciate ligament he sustained in May 2017.

No Sandro?

surely the Chelsea fans would prefer them to go for Hernandez over Carrol?...I no I would.
Chelsea want a tall player who is good at heading (hence why they went for Lukaku in the first place and then went for Llorente). Though Hernandez had made a few decent headers for us in the past despite his height, he doesn't fit what Chelsea are looking for. I think Carroll's home grown status is a factor too.

Mino Raiola is a good businessman and understandably he's trying to get the best deal possible for his client. Don't feel that sorry for Mkhitaryan, seems like a solid bloke but irrespective of what happens he is still going to be raking it in!

With these types of things, I think destiny plays a part. All United can do is do their best and if it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out and we move on. We are due a glorious number 7, if he does eventually sign, hope Sanchez lives up to expectations.

It kind of always seems like January transfer season comes with a lot of bark but little bite. In a way it appears more designed for players to beg for bigger contracts than actual transfers.

Status
Not open for further replies.