Transfer Tweets - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

by John Cross
Mkhitaryan, 28, has got three and a half years left on his £150,000-a-week contract, wants a pay rise to go to Arsenal and will also want a “golden handshake” to leave United.
Raiola wants a big agent commission - more than £5m - and it is believed he will use the opportunity to try and renegotiate future terms for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, another of his clients.

There's trying to get your client a good deal, and then there's taking the piss. We're rich enough to pay Arsenal the £35m in full and let Mkhitaryan rot in the reserves.

It's done deal. What's in it for Henrik in staying? He played his last game for us already one why or another, and after spending majority of the season on the stands, which club is going to offer him the wages he expects? None. His choices in the summer will be limited to some secondary clubs or he runs the risk not playing competitive football again, I doubt he would be content with that at his age still. We hold all the cards.

There's trying to get your client a good deal, and then there's taking the piss. We're rich enough to pay Arsenal the £35m in full and let Mkhitaryan rot in the reserves.
The problem is not us if the other tweet is to believe. it's Arsenal who needs a replacement. They can't expect us to pay over the odd for their pursuit of Malcom, Aumabeyang or whoever (the selling clubs doesn't want to sell now as they also would not be able to find replacement so they up their asking price even further). Sanchez is motivated to leave and Arsenal clearly want to seal the deal lest them get nothing come summer and having to pay Sanchez for months while can't rely on him to perform anymore

by John Cross
Mkhitaryan, 28, has got three and a half years left on his £150,000-a-week contract, wants a pay rise to go to Arsenal and will also want a “golden handshake” to leave United.
Raiola wants a big agent commission - more than £5m - and it is believed he will use the opportunity to try and renegotiate future terms for Zlatan Ibrahimovic, another of his clients.

This was always the risk of being in bed with Raiola, I mean what temrs could Zlatan want?

This was always the risk of being in bed with Raiola, I mean what temrs could Zlatan want?

I suspect it's bullshit, Zlatans behaviour during his injury displayed quite the opposite of mercenary behaviour and Raiola is unlikely to harm his relationship with one of his best customers these days

Is there a reason Chelsea are buying sub par English players over playing the immensely talented crop they already have at the club and youth sides.

Problem is that Wegner has been adamant that he won't sell Sanchez without a replacement, which was the main reason he didn't sell to City last summer for £60m. So if they can't get Mhiki or close the deal on Malcom or Aubameyang, it's possible he'll hang on to Sanchez and let him walk for free in the summer.

Mhiki and Raiola have leverage here and they know it.

Yes we are rich enough but our attitude to the Perisic pursuit worries me a bit here. Is it possible this Sanchez / Miki situation is another example of us digging in and refusing to be 'bullied'? I hope no other club comes in to snap up Alexis at the last minute.

people may laugh but this signing makes alot of sense for chelsea . He will be happy to sit on the bench and will be a great option to come off when chasing a result

Imagine if we're the ones getting him and you'll know how underwhelming this signing is. I'm surprised by the way Chelsea are going tbh.

Last edited:
What a freaking window this could be.

We beat City to Sanchez
Chelsea sign Andy Carroll
Spurs and Liverpool sign no-one of note
Arsenal sign Mkhi and chase others with no joy

Yes we are rich enough but our attitude to the Perisic pursuit worries me a bit here. Is it possible this Sanchez / Miki situation is another example of us digging in and refusing to be 'bullied'? I hope no other club comes in to snap up Alexis at the last minute.
It's about not letting a precedent be set. The same reason City pulled out allegedly, you can more than afford to let several players rot if you were so inclined but at boardroom level that sort of behaviour is tantamount to gross negligence, no club would destroy assets like that. If clubs see United will pay whatever time and again you'll have vultures circling from all sides, agents and current players demanding more money and knowing how to get it.

It's just good business to hold your ground.

Is there a reason Chelsea are buying sub par English players over playing the immensely talented crop they already have at the club and youth sides.
Conte is a short term manager and wants results straight away. Perhaps he sees "sub par English players" as better than some of the youth players he's got, at least for the next year or so.

It's about not letting a precedent be set. The same reason City pulled out allegedly, you can more than afford to let several players rot if you were so inclined but at boardroom level that sort of behaviour is tantamount to gross negligence, no club would destroy assets like that. If clubs see United will pay whatever time and again you'll have vultures circling from all sides, agents and current players demanding more money and knowing how to get it.

It's just good business to hold your ground.

I have to agree with that. Good point.

We beat City to Sanchez

They signed VVD tbf, a good signing for them despite the stupid fee

I really thought this Andy Carroll nonsense was made up, what has happened to Chelsea of late, they seem to be shopping in the bargain sales isle these days

I have no idea why Micki is stalling, it's not like he's guaranteed a better move elsewhere is it ? Arsenal might be as good as it gets from a financial and sporting point of view.

It's strange that his market value and wages seem to have risen despite being underwhelming for us. This seems like a good opportunity to revive his career. He's a confidence player and he should feel more comfortable under Arsene who's likely to play him even if his form dips. There is also far less pressure playing for a club like Arsenal at the minute and their style of play would suit him.

We beat City to Sanchez

Would be awesome, but Liverpool have signed Van Djik who to be fair is fairly note worthy and a player in a position they needed serious improvements in.

Sanchez is a PL proven forward who is marketable, that will be enough for the money men I think, we are just trying to get the best deal possible and kill 2 birds with 1 stone if Mkhi goes the other way in a straight swap.

Imagine if we're the ones getting him and you'll know how underwhelming this signing is. I'm surprised by Chelsea are going tbh.
we dont need him we have fellani and we also have a good amount of homegrown players already (unlike chavs)

They signed VVD tbf, a good signing for them despite the stupid fee

Very true, I forgot about that one. There's still time for things to go south for us and for other clubs to strengthen, but relative to our rivals we'll do extremely well to sign Sanchez with Mkhi going the other way.

Conte getting crap players, and when he is done with it, he will leave Chelsea, and say "F*** off Roman! This is what you get when you F*** with me over Lukaku...and what not.. Now live with it!"

Status
Not open for further replies.