Transfer Tweets - 2014/15 | Stay On Topic & No Blacklisted Tweets (see OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
They mean six and ten for the window right?

I.e. Hererra, Shaw, Di Maria, Blind, Rojo + 1 and Zaha, Bebe, Nani, Cleverley, Kagawa, Evra, Hernandez, Lindegaard, Büttner + 1

A

Welbeck, Rio and Vidic makes 10.

Got this from Doron Salomon's timeline. This really made me laugh. Check out Castles' response about knowing more about the market than Woodward.

Bebe, buttner, zaha, kagawa, hernandez, welbeck, evra, lindegaard, cleverley, nani

Makes 10. Doesnt mean '10 more'
And Blind will make it 6 in, as Sky are counting a young keeper we bought.

But thanks GARY and @Adnan. This was important.

What in total this summer? I highly doubt we will sign anyone tomorrow, there's not enough time left and we aren't being strongly linked with anyone. And probably only Clev, Hernandez and Kagawa will leave.

We signed Coentrao out of nowhere nearly last summer so it's possible.

Blind link been there whole summer as well and the deal was pretty quiet before it escalated too.

10 have already gone out if you include Giggs:

Giggs, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Bebe, Buttner, Zaha, Henriquez, Nani and Macheda.

Would prefer McCarthy (?) from Everton to Schneiderlin (sp?)

Any truth?

I haven't seen enough of him to know if i'd want him at Utd, i mean don't get me wrong we need centre midfielders but not sure if he's worth the £20m+ being suggested. I could be wrong though but i don't watch enough of Southampton to make a call on this.

Sounds like Arsenal are no longer interested in Remy, which translates to "We approached his agent who told us to feck off, my client wants to win things"

That's pretty crazy.

But that's a nonsense statistic isn't it, because the prices at the start of Fergie's reign would be much cheaper compared to prices now. I'm prepared to guess he didn't adjust for inflation over such a long time.

I haven't seen enough of him to know if i'd want him at Utd, i mean don't get me wrong we need centre midfielders but not sure if he's worth the £20m+ being suggested. I could be wrong though but i don't watch enough of Southampton to make a call on this.
He's excellent. Would love him here

That Schneiderlin rumour is a strange one. If you were going to make up a name to link us to, there's far more exotic and renowned ones than him.

Would be a great addition, hope there's truth to this one.

That Schneiderlin rumour is a strange one. If you were going to make up a name to link us to, there's far more exotic and renowned ones than him.

Well it was strange that the club on Friday said out the blue we not in for him. So must be something in it.

But that's a nonsense statistic isn't it, because the prices at the start of Fergie's reign would be much cheaper compared to prices now. I'm prepared to guess he didn't adjust for inflation over such a long time.
Yeah but the retweets man, think of the retweets. Don't even get me started on the favourites.

Got this from Doron Salomon's timeline. This really made me laugh. Check out Castles' response about knowing more about the market than Woodward.

That's pretty crazy.

I wish this absolute thundercnut was banned from this thread.

That "net" transfer spend is absolute nonsense considering the players we are selling for pittance are Fergie's recruits that just aren't up to it now. It also completely ignores the fact that the first 11 years of Fergie's reign prices were a fraction of what they are now.

Agree, especially now with Blind on board. Blind will take the defensive midfield-spot for now, then he and Carrick will compete for it, I reckon...

Exactly. And a player like a young Roy Keane alone, would be worth £60m+ in today's market.

Line up all our big buys under Fergie and adjust for inflation, and it'd blow the amount spent this window out the water.

Indeed. I'm sure Fergie's net spend in his first couple of years was a lot more than Sir Matt.

Totally meaningless statistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.